talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bournemouth Agree £4.75m Settlement With EFL for FFP Breach

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11426730/bournemouth-agree-4-75m-settlement-with-efl-for-breach-of-ffp-rules

I had no sympathy for @Batard who has claimed to be French since QPR lost Sean Derry until now. What an absolutely pathetic precedent to set to the likes of Forest, Villa and Derby who have spent out their means and will continue to do so whilst there's a slim glimmer of a reward until a very harsh punishment. 

For those that don't know  they recorded a loss of over £33m, but little old Bournemouth that can't string three passes together are allowed to do that.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

This won't tarnish the fairytale, up the Cherries!

If Portugesse women didn't swallow you would have received a detailed packaged zip file of an analyst perspective on how they throw more elbows than ball touches. Consider  yourself lucky 

Just now, Spike said:

Sourgrapes

We sold someone to United for thirteen million, and loaned him back to make us one hundred and twenty million, then signed him back for three million, and he's making us one hundred and fifty million a season. I call that the greatest business decision of our generation.

• The title was changed to Bournemouth Agree £4.75m Settlement With EFL for FFP Breach
  • Subscriber

If this is what financial fair play amounts to then just scrap it for fucks sake. If you don't dock these teams 10 points for breaking the rules then FFP is just a hollow initiative to make it look like the footballing authorities are trying to have some responsibility by making clubs spend within their means.

Imagine actually punishing a club who broke the rules because they have enough money to spend more than they've pulled in with a financial penalty xDxD.

Yeah what's the fucking point of putting a financial penalty on clubs for violating financial fair play? It's essentially saying "don't spend outside your means, unless you can afford to... in which case also pay us." What's the fucking point?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11426730/bournemouth-agree-4-75m-settlement-with-efl-for-breach-of-ffp-rules

I had no sympathy for @Batard who has claimed to be French since QPR lost Sean Derry until now. What an absolutely pathetic precedent to set to the likes of Forest, Villa and Derby who have spent out their means and will continue to do so whilst there's a slim glimmer of a reward until a very harsh punishment. 

For those that don't know  they recorded a loss of over £33m, but little old Bournemouth that can't string three passes together are allowed to do that.

xD

I still frequent Loftus Road occasionally, QPR will always have a place of importance to me.

... And that’s Shaun Derry to you! 

QPR were hammered over their financial dealings, which I got but the Premier League bias and hypocrisy makes you truly appreciate how greedy the EFL sand Premier League are, in their own ways.

The Premier League wants to protect its member coffers whereas the EFL wants to sponge off of the Premier League parachute payments. Bellends, the lot of them.  

17 hours ago, Stan said:

well it's not just Bournemouth setting that precedent is it? It's more the EFL backing down and agreeing such a paltry fee.

Needless to say I don't think any member is surprised that you're putting the responsibility on the authorities and felt the need to change the title of the thread. I mean Leicester City took the absolute piss out of the system to make sure they had one season of relevance. Almost acted as a beacon for Bournemouth to follow. Yet Benteke still scored against you last season, twice.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Needless to say I don't think any member is surprised that you're putting the responsibility on the authorities and felt the need to change the title of the thread. I mean Leicester City took the absolute piss out of the system to make sure they had one season of relevance. Almost acted as a beacon for Bournemouth to follow. Yet Benteke still scored against you last season, twice.

didn't have you down as the fishing type mate.

Archived