The better place to talk football.

Bolton Players Go On Strike Over Unpaid Wages

football forum

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/07/2018 at 20:43, Stan said:

@StefBWFC 

Thought the financial troubles were halted or cleared up?

After reflecting on this, it's simply a farce. Sounds very much like this was all in aid of Ben Amos not getting paid his astronomical wage (seems an effort to clear him out), and the rest of the players not getting a staying-up bonus on time. 

I feel for the fans who booked tickets/hotels to go up to Scotland (there were quite a few, I believe) - they're the ones who have suffered. In all, the players, while admirable in their adherence to employment law, have been pretty foolish in running to the press - it's shocking PR which will inevitably impact on our season... for a few extra quid and a guy who will never play at the club again. Baffled.

13 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

After reflecting on this, it's simply a farce. Sounds very much like this was all in aid of Ben Amos not getting paid his astronomical wage (seems an effort to clear him out), and the rest of the players not getting a staying-up bonus on time. 

I feel for the fans who booked tickets/hotels to go up to Scotland (there were quite a few, I believe) - they're the ones who have suffered. In all, the players, while admirable in their adherence to employment law, have been pretty foolish in running to the press - it's shocking PR which will inevitably impact on our season... for a few extra quid and a guy who will never play at the club again. Baffled.

You must be in that amount of shit after we took Amos off your hands for a season and wallet raped us for Gary Madine.

Archived