talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Semi-Final - Tuesday 10th July - France 1-0 Belgium

football forum

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Fair to say if I was supporting Belgium I'd be throwing my laptop against the wall with France's timewasting

They timewasted to death against us, since the 45th minute after they scored a lucky goal. I know that feel. For a world class side they make you feel as if you're playing Bolivia.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belgium can't complain really, De Bruyne and Hazard the only two that looked like a threat. The teams build up play at times was so slow and mistake prone, Mertens didn't really change much at all.

Just now, Cicero said:

De Bruyne was seriously disappointing. Hazard looked to be the only spark up front. Shame. 

Exactly this.  :congrats:

Pogba might be MOTM for me. Unreal how many attacks he broke up. Mbappe is obviously extremely talented, but tonight he made some stupid f'in mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

De Bruyne was seriously disappointing. Hazard looked to be the only spark up front. Shame. 

This France side is something else. Mbappe surely the golden ball if they win it?

De Bruyne's delivery was class, best on the pitch in that respect. Hazard great dribbling but not much beyond that.

France wasn't any better than Belgium. they were just lucky to score from that corner and then nothing else. Mbappe did nothing impressive, on the other hand Hazard had great performance put it's a shame that he didn't score. It's a shame that this Belgium did not make it to the final.

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

France!!!

Congrats @Batard and @...Dan!

french-flag-waving-animated-gif-18.gif

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

eh, eh, eh, I have French heritage. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Exactly this.  :congrats:

Well, to play devil's advocate, Hazard started his impressive slaloms way at the back and his plays were eventually more eyecatching than substantial/effective.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

De Bruyne's delivery was class, best on the pitch in that respect. Hazard great dribbling but not much beyond that.

still wasn't that good.

2 out of the several attempted crosses looked good. Maybe only 1 cross was successful? Others barely beat the first man. Having said that, Varane's positioning was superb. He was almost batting away everything put on him.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

De Bruyne had about 5 untimely turnovers where his passes weren't even close...Hazard's dribbling is what created those chances for Belgium. 

1 minute ago, Dalmore said:

France wasn't any better than Belgium. they were just lucky to score from that corner and then nothing else. Mbappe did nothing impressive, on the other hand Hazard had great performance put it's a shame that he didn't score. It's a shame that this Belgium did not make it to the final.

Were we watching the same game? I thought France was much better than Beligum. Mbappe was also very impressive the first 75 minutes of that game. A team coached my martinez is not a World Cup winning team. 

2 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Well, to play devil's advocate, Hazard started his impressive slaloms way at the back and his plays were eventually more eyecatching than substantial/effective.

At least 2 dangerous FK's were because of Hazard, and another went unnoticed by the ref right outside the box. 

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Hazard was the only main threat in attack. HIs dribbling and drawing fouls were practically the only thing Belgium had going.  De Bruyne seriously ruined the attack on 6 or 7 occasions from misplaced passes. Terrible by his standards. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

De Bruyne had about 5 untimely turnovers where his passes weren't even close...Hazard's dribbling is what created those chances for Belgium. 

Were we watching the same game? I thought France was much better than Beligum. Mbappe was also very impressive the first 75 minutes of that game. A team coached my martinez is not a World Cup winning team. 

I thought this game was pretty evenly matched with France capitalizing on the one set piece.  Belgium just didn't have any playmakers besides Hazard but besides Mbappe's speed I didn't see a lot from France either.

1 minute ago, JRRandall said:

I thought this game was pretty evenly matched with France capitalizing on the one set piece.  Belgium just didn't have any playmakers besides Hazard but besides Mbappe's speed I didn't see a lot from France either.

Hernandez and Greiz had a few beautiful attacks to move the ball up the pitch, and Kante had some nice runs, particularly in the first half. 

Wasn't a great game by France by any means, but defensively it might have been the best they've played this tournament. 

7 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Umtiti and Varane are stepping up as best center back pair as their German,Italian and Spanish counterparts are fading away.

The healthy version of Varane's been a top-3 centreback for more than a lustrum.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Hernandez and Greiz had a few beautiful attacks to move the ball up the pitch, and Kante had some nice runs, particularly in the first half. 

Wasn't a great game by France by any means, but defensively it might have been the best they've played this tournament. 

Agreed France's defense looked really good today.  I can't tell how much of it was due to a poor Belgium attack, but it was probably the cause more often than not.

Pretty good game up until the final few minutes and all the niggly nonsense going on.. 

France defended really well, good solid display and probably didn't help Belgium that DeBruyne had a bit of a bad game and Lukaku for that matter who hardly made any difference up front.. Hazard ran his arse off but all to no avail.. Got to see if we can get past Croatia now who I think will give us a good run for our money and cause us a few problems.. 

5 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Deschamps has the best generation of talent in the world and he's gonna win the World Cup by doing his best just doing enough while having much more. Set pieces an eight men behind the ball. Ultimate troll.

I think DD has a lot of merit for building a french team that works as a unity and is commited to winning. France always had the talent but off the pitch they were a mess for a long time.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived