talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gelson Martins - Signs for Atlético Madrid

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only ever seen him for Portugal and he is an impressive talent. I think he has what it takes for those 2 teams.

On 7/7/2018 at 10:07, LFCMadLad said:

He wouldn't get in our first 11 so probs the right decision.

Nah we need depth and he’s quality. There were rumblings after the Sporting hubub we were interested and the little I’ve seen on YouTube + his stats indicated he’d be a good fit in Klopp’s system. I would have liked it to happen.

59 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Liverpool need serious depth, you cant fucking expect to win the CL final when plan b offensively is that Chelsea reject Solanke xD 

Chelsea rejects are normally pretty decent: Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, etc

Apparently all done. Big fan of this move. Like I said, I've only seen him for Portugal but he's been excellent everytime I saw him come off the bench. Don't know if he got game time this World Cup, I don't recall seeing him, but he did in last years confederations cup. I look forward to following him this season.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

This seems from an outsider as the best move for his development. They're building an impressive squad at Atleti this summer.

Can see them finishing higher than Real again. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

This seems from an outsider as the best move for his development. They're building an impressive squad at Atleti this summer.

They haven't been selling their key men either. Oblak is still there, Griezmann has just signed a new contract, Koke and Saul won't be leaving there anytime soon, they still have Godin and Gimenez, Filipe Luis still has a bit left and Lucas Hernandez has come on leaps and bounds recently.

You'd also expect Diego Costa and Vitolo to be like new signings next season considering how they didn't start playing until January last season due to Atleti's transfer ban.

With signings such as Gelson Martins, Rodri and Thomas Lemar, they are strengthening an already strong squad and should be up there with a chance of challenging on all fronts again next season. A lot of these players have now played with each other for years and they have a squad where you don't see any players that you'd regard as "deadweights".

Archived