The better place to talk football.

Semi-Final - Wednesday 11th July - Croatia (aet)2-1 England

football forum

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Kovačić too mate.

But it’s ridiculous to say... “If you take Modrić and Rakitić out of the team, are they better?”

They ARE in that team.

Yeah but if they only have 2 players better as good as they are shortly England are favoutes?

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but if they only have 2 players better as good as they are shortly England are favoutes?

I don’t know about favouritism. All I know is that the midfield is the most important part of a football team and that Croatia’s misfield is superior. This is why I said that Southgate will have to use a strategy to bypass their midfield which is by being more direct. 

England have zero excuses for not making it to the final. Croatia have now played in back to back 120 minute games, whereas England have not and even got a few extra hours of rest in after a fairly easy 2-0 win. 

Probably our hardest test to date, We will really see what the players are made of on Saturday especially if Croatia take the lead which I think will happen in the game. Fair to say I am absolutely buzzing for this one!

34 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don’t know about favouritism. All I know is that the midfield is the most important part of a football team and that Croatia’s misfield is superior. This is why I said that Southgate will have to use a strategy to bypass their midfield which is by being more direct. 

I think all positions are important. I mean if you can't defend you're in trouble. But yeah we have to stop the main threats. But sir Gareth knows that

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think all positions are important. I mean if you can't defend you're in trouble. But yeah we have to the main threats. But sir Gareth knows that

Of course all positions are important mate. But some are more important than others. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

In fairness it seems he's thought that up as our wing backs and Sterling coupled with Walker, Stones and Maguires distribution means we'll have a lot of balls over the top.

Our formation also means because we can go 3-5-2/3-4-3 that we can another pretty much any part of the pitch.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Just seen a stat that Croatia are the dirtiest team at the tournament so far. This should be fun again :ph34r:

I assume that's off cards and not should be cards. In which case Colombia would've had that title with the England game alone.

Croatia looked physically finished in that extra time against Russia. Their legs will be gone after 60 minutes.

Will be interesting though the midfield battle. Modric is basically playing a different sport to the English midfielders.

15 hours ago, Eco said:

England have zero excuses for not making it to the final. Croatia have now played in back to back 120 minute games, whereas England have not and even got a few extra hours of rest in after a fairly easy 2-0 win. 

They've played 30 less minutes in the knock out roounds mate.  Colombia game went to pens too.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

They've played 30 less minutes in the knock out roounds mate.  Colombia game went to pens too.

I understand that. But England have been looking better and better, whereas I think Croatia has looked worse and worse, plus having to go to back-to-back penalties, I think this might one of the easiest routes to the final that England could have ever dreamed of.

My worry is the lack of experience for England coupled with the wealth of experience between Croatia’s midfield. But I’ve also seen Corluka is going to play, I hope Southgate has Sterling getting into footraces with him all match.

The assistant coach that filmed the video with Vida was sacked and sent home. Vida stays and will play after apologizing and saying it was a "joke".

Vida is clearly the Croatian Taremi though....this video resurfaced yesterday (different than the Post-Russia match) where he's alongside Olic I think and sings: 
"Slava Ukrainy, Burn Belgrade Burn!!"

Looking by what he's wearing, it's perhaps not from this World Cup...but weirdly was just published yesterday by Dynamo Kiev Ultras YouTube channel.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Fucking hell, can't believe twats like this are so brave with their racism that they try and rationalise it on air.

Depends on his immigration policy. Yes, it is racist and shouldn't get it on air, but maybe he doesn't like immigrants and there are a few countries in which this is the case. Argentina in particular, a common thought by locals is that too many Andeans have moved into the country and it has hurt them.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Fucking hell, can't believe twats like this are so brave with their racism that they try and rationalise it on air.

That person on the phone was a despicable cunt. People like that hold societies back and make the world a worse place. I hope we win the World Cup and he ends up fucking gutted.

• The title was changed to Semi-Final - Wednesday 11th July - Croatia (aet)2-1 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived