talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ademola Lookman - Signs For RB Leipzig

Everton have turned down a £12m bid for Ademola Lookman from RB Leipzig, according to Sky sources.

The winger spent half of last season on loan at the German club and scored four goals in his last five appearances.

With add-on fees, the potential deal would have been worth around £12m.

However, it is understood the Toffees have no intention of selling the 20-year-old English player.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Think the club needs to have a proper kick off over this tweet from Leipzig which I forgot to mention a few days ago.

And don't hit me with 'all clubs are tapping targets up these days and Everton did it with Marco Silva'. This is some next level bullshit from Leipzig actually tagging the player in a public post from the club. On a par with all those Barcelona ex-players and board members talking about Coutinho in the last two transfer windows but even more direct.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Are you suggesting that Leipzig’s management have instructed their English media person to tag Ademola Lookman intentionally? 

Doesn't matter that part so much as the fact the quotes are directly from their Director of Football or whatever Rangnicks job title is naming him publicly as a transfer target.

Still cheeky to tag him in the tweet though.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

In fairness you lot done it to Silva....as long as he goes somewhere with a lot of game time.

When did a senior official at Everton publicly declare interest in Marco Silva? It was Watford who got their knickers in a twist and made it public because we wouldn't take no for an answer.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

When did a senior official at Everton publicly declare interest in Marco Silva? It was Watford who got their knickers in a twist and made it public because we wouldn't take no for an answer.

Yeah you didn't go public but don't be naive, look who's your manager now. Pot meet kettle.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Yeah you didn't go public but don't be naive, look who's your manager now. Pot meet kettle.

Ridiculous comparison. By your logic every time a club makes a bid for a player or manager that's tapping up because that's all we did with Silva when he was Watford manager.

If you can find me the story on the official Everton website where Bill Kenwright or Farhad Moshiri or Steve Walsh came out and said yes we really want Marco Silva to become our manager and we're in contact every day trying to get a deal finalised we can talk about pots and kettles. Even when Silva was a free agent this summer and we were negotiating compensation with Watford there was nothing from the club's official channels naming him until the day he was appointed.

What it is comparable to is when Barcelona pursued Coutinho and people who were associated with the club were openly talking about how they want to see the deal done. Liverpool were outraged and rightly so. Even Barcelona though weren't shithousey enough to publish quotes on their website from a Director of Football openly stating that they want Coutinho to sign and they know he wants to come.

I struggle to see how this is unclear to anyone.

• Subscriber

Surprised if this is true, this isn't the only source suggesting RBL are coming back with a third bid, because I thought Brands rated him highly and we'd simply price them out of the move with a mad asking price.

On the other hand, if the club are actually happy to let him go for the right price then they've done the right thing by making noise publicly about what a hot talent he is and how they don't want him to leave.

I still prefer him to stay unless we're talking an utterly retarded £40m or something. Whether we're good or shite this season I'd much rather see us do it by trying to develop our young English talent than sell them on and sign a Malcom in the same position with the money.

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Surprised if this is true, this isn't the only source suggesting RBL are coming back with a third bid, because I thought Brands rated him highly and we'd simply price them out of the move with a mad asking price.

On the other hand, if the club are actually happy to let him go for the right price then they've done the right thing by making noise publicly about what a hot talent he is and how they don't want him to leave.

I still prefer him to stay unless we're talking an utterly retarded £40m or something. Whether we're good or shite this season I'd much rather see us do it by trying to develop our young English talent than sell them on and sign a Malcom in the same position with the money.

Yeah if you're getting a big chunk of that Keita money we've given them... I think that's a great deal for you. Massive profit for Everton there, if that's the case. If it's under £20m, I'd be disappointed if I were a blueshite. It's weird to say that about a kid who has limited experience, but looking at the market being what it is and seeing Shaqiri for £13 being considered cheap & £12m for Danny Ward, a keeper with not a whole lot of top flight experience and basically without a year of regular football, I think Everton selling one of their better youth prospects for under £20m would be pretty disheartening for Everton fans.

I suppose it all really depends on whether Brands/Silva rate Lookman as highly as everyone else and if they believe he'll be able to kick on... and really at the end of the day you'll be getting what seems like it'll be at least a "decent" fee for a young player, and you'll still be making a healthy profit off it.

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Ridiculous comparison. By your logic every time a club makes a bid for a player or manager that's tapping up because that's all we did with Silva when he was Watford manager.

If you can find me the story on the official Everton website where Bill Kenwright or Farhad Moshiri or Steve Walsh came out and said yes we really want Marco Silva to become our manager and we're in contact every day trying to get a deal finalised we can talk about pots and kettles. Even when Silva was a free agent this summer and we were negotiating compensation with Watford there was nothing from the club's official channels naming him until the day he was appointed.

What it is comparable to is when Barcelona pursued Coutinho and people who were associated with the club were openly talking about how they want to see the deal done. Liverpool were outraged and rightly so. Even Barcelona though weren't shithousey enough to publish quotes on their website from a Director of Football openly stating that they want Coutinho to sign and they know he wants to come.

I struggle to see how this is unclear to anyone.

So RB went one step further and made it public, boohoo. Every man and their dog knows how you got Silva so stop playing the victim over Lookman.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

So RB went one step further and made it public, boohoo. Every man and their dog knows how you got Silva so stop playing the victim over Lookman.

xD you're actually impossible on this. Making a bid for someone else's player or manager happens every day. Publicly stating interest in someone else's player is tapping up which in football is illegal.

Nobody accused Southampton of playing the victim when they reported Liverpool over Van Dijk, nobody accused Watford of playing the victim when they kicked off about us over Silva (even though there was no tapping up involved there, they complained about us making repeated approaches TO THEM not him) and nobody accused Liverpool of playing the victim when they were (rightly) calling Barcelona a shithouse club for their public statements about Coutinho so I'm not having that accusation brought in here.

His loan last season had to be one of life's biggest mysteries for me. I just couldn't work out why a club that was as piss poor and dull as dishwater as Everton were going forward, let the lad out on loan. It was a bad call for me.

It is clear that he has talent. He's a regular international at youth level and looked promising for a top Bundesliga club. He deserves a shot. I'd like to think he will get that now circumstances are different at the club.

• Subscriber

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marco-silva-confirms-ademola-lookman-14930848 

Marco Silva has told Ademola Lookman he is wanted at Everton despite RB Leipzig trying to prise him from Goodison.

The Blues have rejected an approach from the Bundesliga outfit and insist the 20-year-old winger is not for sale.

Lookman scored a hat-trick against ATV Irdning at the weekend as Everton kicked off their pre-season schedule with a 22-0 win but missed the draw with Bury on Wednesday night with a slight knock.

Silva would not confirm if Lookman had told him he wished to leave the club but said he is relishing working with the wide-man and insisted: “He is an Everton player”.

“It is not the most important what I talk with my players and what they talk with me as well,” Silva told the ECHO.

“The most important thing is Lookman is our player, he is an Everton player and I want Lookman to stay in our squad.”

RB Leipzig were due to watch Lookman at Gigg Lane in midweek after requesting a ticket for one of their scouts but Silva was not willing to risk the attacker ahead of back-to-back games in Portugal this weekend.

“I'm pleased with the way he is working and I am sure – I am sure – he will improve more and more and more,” Silva added.

“He is our player, I am happy with his behaviour, how he is in training and I am sure about his skills and his ability and I am sure he will improve more.”

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Would be outrageous letting him go for that price in the same breath as convincing yourself that the market is such that Richarlison is worth £40m.

Wow, that is seriously disastrous business for me. Just doesn't make sense.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Would be outrageous letting him go for that price in the same breath as convincing yourself that the market is such that Richarlison is worth £40m.

Laughable from the outside looking in. Letting someone go, who could easily be worth £50m in a year or two, who’s performed well in the third or fourth best German team last season for up to £18m and replacing him with a fella that turned up for eight games last season and wasn’t heard of again, for £50m, when he’s not worth half that and would need to have a hell of a season to warrant that fee. 

• Subscriber

If this is true then it's disappointing but it makes sense. He's a great young talent who I think could develop into a key player for us and I'm sure is a nailed on England international in the future, but if he doesn't want to be at the club and his attitude is poor then take the money and find someone who wants to play for Everton.

• Administrator

Would be beneficial for the national side by playing abroad (like Sancho).

But it's a shame it's not worked out at Everton as he's clearly one of the better youngsters coming through (nationally) and I think Everton are unwise to be selling him when he would/should be a regular ahead of other players. 

What's his attitude been since returning from Germany then?

Additionally, it surprises me other clubs in UK aren't going for him. Has he got his heart fully set on Leipzig?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Would be beneficial for the national side by playing abroad (like Sancho).

But it's a shame it's not worked out at Everton as he's clearly one of the better youngsters coming through (nationally) and I think Everton are unwise to be selling him when he would/should be a regular ahead of other players. 

What's his attitude been since returning from Germany then?

Additionally, it surprises me other clubs in UK aren't going for him. Has he got his heart fully set on Leipzig?

Sounds like it. I can't blame him if he developed there that's probably where he wants to be. No idea what his attitude has been like, this tweet could be completely made up, it's the only information I have about it.

It seems like the damage has been done here. Koeman was reluctant to use him and Allardyce didn't give him a chance. This has pushed him into the arms of another club, which definitely marks a failure on our part but if it's true that he wants out and he's not willing to give it another go under new management who want to give him the opportunities he should have had last season then there's no point in forcing him to stay.

• The title was changed to Ademola Lookman - Signs For RB Leipzig
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived