talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Oleksandr Zinchenko - Wolves Make £16m Bid

Wolves have made a club-record £16m offer for Manchester City's Oleksandr Zinchenko, Sky Sports News understands.

Zinchenko made 16 appearances for City last season, eight in the Premier League to allow him to win aim a medal, as Pep Guardiola's side romped to the title.

He spent the 2016-17 season on loan at PSV Eindhoven but struggled to make an impact and last season was a breakthrough year at the Etihad.

But City appear willing to let Zinchenko leave with Wolves ready to offer him more chances of first-team football.

Zinchenko's playing time is already under threat with the imminent arrival of Riyad Mahrez from Leicester for around £60m.

Zinchenko has made 17 appearances for Ukraine and joined City from Russian side FC Ufa two years ago.

He made his Manchester City debut against Wolves in the Carabao Cup last season.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

@Happy Blue 

Looked like he was doing well for City last season whenever he played. 

I don't get why Mahrez's arrival would mean his game-time would stop. If City are planning to play Mahrez on the left flank then they've got it all wrong as it is xD 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Happy Blue 

I don't get why Mahrez's arrival would mean his game-time would stop. If City are planning to play Mahrez on the left flank then they've got it all wrong as it is xD 

I didn't realise this until I was looking to sign him on FM but Peps been playing him out of position all season and his preference is being an attacking right sided midfielder.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

@Happy Blue 

He had to go after this tbh  ..no way back for the lad! :o

• 1 month later...

Wolves have agreed a fee with Manchester City for Oleksandr Zinchenko, Sky Sports News understands. 

However, the transfer depends on whether the Premier League newcomers can persuade the versatile Ukrainian to leave the reigning Champions. 

Zinchenko would cost Wolves £16m, and City are prepared to let him leave for that price but Nuno Espirito Santo has yet to persuade the player to make the move. 

He played 14 times for City last season and was impressive as a makeshift left back when injuries deprived Pep Guardiola of Fabian Delph and Benjamin Mendy. But he is now seen as surplus to requirement and Guardiola will allow him to leave.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived