talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netherlands to re-appoint Advocaat

In a statement, Holland wrote: 'We have respect for what Danny meant for us and for the team during his tenure. 

'But because the results have been disappointing, and now qualifying for the World Cup in Russia seems difficult, we feel we unfortunately have to say goodbye to him. '

Blind said: 'We were on the right track, I gave it all I had in me and it is a pity that it ends with this.' 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum

I can look at this with different eyes now that I know some of the internal facts that has led to the Netherlands demise. de Boer would be the best thing for the National Team at the moment but given what has happened I wouldn't be surprised to see van Gaal or even Hiddink appointed as the next boss. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

I can look at this with different eyes now that I know some of the internal facts that has led to the Netherlands demise. de Boer would be the best thing for the National Team at the moment but given what has happened I wouldn't be surprised to see van Gaal or even Hiddink appointed as the next boss. 

No way Hiddink he was the cause for this. He just got sacked also

football forum
Just now, VanPanna said:

No way Hiddink he was the cause for this. He just got sacked also

The Hiddink shout was more of a jibe at how the KNVB seem to be running things at the moment. 

If I had to actually give a prediction I'll put money on the new boss being LVG.

Hardly the most earth shattering news, he's been dreadful. 

Although perhaps not as good as previous years, there's still some really good players that play for Holland. Hopefully they get the right man. 

• Administrator

looking at some of these results, not surprised Blind didn't have long left and has now been sacked. Took over in July 2015. 

Some terrible results. I know they're squad isn't what it once used to be but even so, some terrible results. The performances as well have been dire. 

blind.PNG

football forum
9 minutes ago, Romesh said:

looking at some of these results, not surprised Blind didn't have long left and has now been sacked. Took over in July 2015. Some terrible results. I know they're squad isn't what it once used to be but even so, some terrible results. The performances as well have been dire. 

Agreed - who could look themselves in the mirror after losing to Iceland :ph34r:?

The KNVB have said they will announce their new coach in June.    Among the names mentioned to be the new coach are Frank de Boer, Clarence Seedorf,  Henk ten Cate with Ruud Gullit, Martin Jol, Arsene Wenger.  Koeman has ruled himself out because of his commitments to Everton. 

football forum
6 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Looks like Van Gaal will be the coach again, he is in talks with the KNVB :(  but it could be a technical advisor role or coach. 

Truly un-inspirational but so predictable considering its the KNVB we are talking about.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Truly un-inspirational but so predictable considering its the KNVB we are talking about.

Yea the KNVB have gone so backwards over the last few years with their new person in charge, they also need to be sacked.   Danny Blind was already part of the Dutch coaching side over the last 6 years so him taking over was never really going to work as it does need a fresh approach.  They should of got Koeman at the start but choose Hiddink over him which seems to be the worst decision in Dutch football history.   The players that the Dutch team do have for selection havent been the strongest as in the past but they are good enough with the right coach to do so much better. 

Frank De Boer has no interest in becoming Netherlands head coach, according to his agent.

Oranje sacked Danny Blind on Sunday, less than 24 hours on from a damaging 2-0 World Cup qualifying defeat to Bulgaria.

Former Ajax boss De Boer has been touted as a possible replacement, with Netherlands facing the prospect of missing out on a second consecutive major tournament.

But his representative Guido Albers told AD Sportwereld that the 46-year-old, who won 112 caps for his country, remains committed to a return to club management despite a swiftly curtailed stint in charge of Inter this season.

"He wants to be on the field every day," Albers said.

"So he's not available. No, Frank de Boer will not be the new coach.

"It's nothing to do with the risk factor. Frank really wants to work on a team [club]."

De Boer's twin brother Ronald feels ex-boss Louis van Gaal could be the best option in Netherland's current predicament, but would caution him against a third spell in charge.

He believes former Barcelona and Chelsea assistant Henk ten Cate – currently in charge of Abu Dhabi side Al Jazira - could be a good option, although a foreign appointment should not be ruled out.

"I would advise [Van Gaal] not to do it," Ronald de Boer told AD Sportwereld. "Henk ten Cate is therefore an option – someone with charisma, who has refined [his talents] internationally and loves attacking football.

"Put one former player like Ruud van Nistelrooy and Mark van Bommel next [as assistant]."

He added: "I'm definitely open [to a foreign coach] but only one who is for attacking football. That would be a German, or an Argentinian or a Spaniard."

Some Pundits think Holland should approach Klinsmann :S 

https://sportnieuws.nl/voetbal/binnenland/zou-duitse-klinsmann-moet-bondscoach-oranje-worden/

Archived