talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netherlands to re-appoint Advocaat

On 3/28/2017 at 0:29 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

He will advise when to make goalkeeper substitutions 

Looking back how everyone went overboard with that sub is hilarious. No one even mentioned it was after they failed to beat Costa Rica in the match. xD

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Looking back how everyone went overboard with that sub is hilarious. No one even mentioned it was after they failed to beat 10 man Costa Rica in the match. xD

When did they have ten men?????   and wasn't it the same Costa Rica that beat Italy, Uruguay and drew with England?    so not that Hilarious.

Who said anything about 10 men?? :ph34r:

Think it was the previous round where they went into to penalties with 10 actually... It is however still hilarious how high they built van Gaal up for knocking them out on penalties. 

• 3 weeks later...

Morten Olsen has now been linked with the Dutch job.   Personally I would love to see De Boer but he isnt interested in it as he wants to be involved in club football.    Regarding the sitution with the national team, with the success of Ajax who do have a large number of Dutch players and have reached the semi finals of the Europa League, playing very exciting football, a real hunger and fighting spirit which eveything the National team lacks really shows the fault is in the system and the current coaching staff, who have been there for some time.   A whole new structure and coaching change I am sure will see a very big difference. 

Football trainer Henk ten Cate has turned down the Dutch national coaching job because he did not have the support of the entire football association. Ten Cate, who currently trains Al-Jazira in UAE, says in Wednesday’s Telegraaf he had been offered the job on Monday evening but decided not to take it on. ‘If you do such a responsible job and I consider it the most honourable in Dutch football, then it is essential that the whole organisation supports you,’ he told the paper. ‘Otherwise it won’t be a success.’ Dick Advocaat remains the only name on the short-list. Ronald Koeman, Frank de Boer and a number of foreign coaches have already turned the job down, the paper said. Danny Blind was sacked as Dutch national football coach last month following a 2-0 defeat to Bulgaria that left Oranje‘s chances of qualifying for the World Cup hanging in the balance.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Same old then? They'll never learn.

That's how I reacted too. Seems like a very uninspiring appointment. I thought he'd retired after Sunderland.

Problem is coaches want the job but dont want to work with the people in the Dutch FA, that is where the real problem. There are big problems, but also the team needs an overhaul and as we have seen with Ajax in Europe there are talented players there who play amazing football on how the national team should be playing. Holland need Koeman who will coach the national team 1 day.

22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

All this time to choose a successor with all sorts of names and in the end they come out with old Dick Advocaat?

What are the KNVB paid for?

They are the ones that need to sacked! Picking Hiddink over Koeman really showed they are clueless. The job needs a change big time but over the last several years it has just gone to the same type of coach like Hiddink, Van Gaal now Advocaat for the 3rd time who also was Blinds Assistant before he went to Fenerbache, so the same thing will just carry on.  It was refreshing in the past when Rijkaard, Van Basten were given the job, that is what really should of happened, someone new and hungry for success.

2 hours ago, VanPanna said:

They are the ones that need to sacked! Picking Hiddink over Koeman really showed they are clueless. The job needs a change big time but over the last several years it has just gone to the same type of coach like Hiddink, Van Gaal now Advocaat for the 3rd time who also was Blinds Assistant before he went to Fenerbache, so the same thing will just carry on.  It was refreshing in the past when Rijkaard, Van Basten were given the job, that is what really should of happened, someone new and hungry for success.

I agree... There seem to be serious issues in the KNVB because all this time to think about who they want to bring in and the obvious problems in the Dutch national game.  All this time and the best they can come out with at the end of it is Dick Advocaat.  Now that has to be a joke?  It must mean April 1st has been moved to some other date because it just can't be true.

What exactly does the KNVB think Dick Advocaat will bring to re-establish Dutch football that he didn't do in the last times he was in charge?

Maybe Advocaat was suffering from an illness for many years which didn't let him do his job as the Dutch football federation blatantly thought he could and he has now taken some miraculous medication which will prove the whole country wrong and that infact he is the "Messiah" that will put Holland back on the map where international football is concerned.

It make me furious to be honest...  It bamboozles me to think that they can somehow wrangle this one past everyone that supports the Netherlands and follows the ins and outs of the country's football team.

Why the hell did they sack Blind to bring this dinosaur in?  The whole thing is a fiasco and the part that's the most infuriating of the lot (and this goes for the sport of football in general everywhere and not just Holland) is that people in the authoritative areas of the sport think everyone is totally thick and that they can do what they want while handling a whole load of money and abusing their power in an absolutely retarded manner.

It beggars belief to be honest.  This is the most stupid move in football I have witnessed in my lifetime and imagine how many stupid things there have been.  Even the stuff I don't know that's happened anywhere in the world like maybe in Samoa.  I don't think even they would do things like this.

Then they said that Cruyff was just grumpy and complained about everything.  It's no wonder he did.

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree... There seem to be serious issues in the KNVB because all this time to think about who they want to bring in and the obvious problems in the Dutch national game.  All this time and the best they can come out with at the end of it is Dick Advocaat.  Now that has to be a joke?  It must mean April 1st has been moved to some other date because it just can't be true.

What exactly does the KNVB think Dick Advocaat will bring to re-establish Dutch football that he didn't do in the last times he was in charge?

Maybe Advocaat was suffering from an illness for many years which didn't let him do his job as the Dutch football federation blatantly thought he could and he has now taken some miraculous medication which will prove the whole country wrong and that infact he is the "Messiah" that will put Holland back on the map where international football is concerned.

It make me furious to be honest...  It bamboozles me to think that they can somehow wrangle this one past everyone that supports the Netherlands and follows the ins and outs of the country's football team.

Why the hell did they sack Blind to bring this dinosaur in?  The whole thing is a fiasco and the part that's the most infuriating of the lot (and this goes for the sport of football in general everywhere and not just Holland) is that people in the authoritative areas of the sport think everyone is totally thick and that they can do what they want while handling a whole load of money and abusing their power in an absolutely retarded manner.

It beggars belief to be honest.  This is the most stupid move in football I have witnessed in my lifetime and imagine how many stupid things there have been.  Even the stuff I don't know that's happened anywhere in the world like maybe in Samoa.  I don't think even they would do things like this.

Then they said that Cruyff was just grumpy and complained about everything.  It's no wonder he did.

It needs someone like Cruyff to sort the KNVB out like what he did at Ajax as Ajax were going down this road also. The KNVB is trying to go down this commercial route but whatever they are doing is not working  and needs to be broken up quick and put back together. You really have to ask questions when not even Henk Ten Cate wanted to work with this lot. I would of given the job to a young coach like Van Bommel anything but a 69 year old who has failed twice already in the job. The football can be great here as we have seen with Ajax this season blowing all kinds of teams away in Europe with the perfect kind of football that people want to see. Its very very frustrating and like with Arsenal it makes you lose interest in the game as you can only give so much when you are a fan and there are clueless people in that postition to ruin things at a club or national team.

4 hours ago, VanPanna said:

All confirmed now, Ruud Gullit is the assistant.  Quite funny that these 2 fell out when Dick was the coach in 1994 which led to Gullit quitting.

Don't the Dutch fans care mate?

If that were Spain there'd be a media led revolt. 

I like Advocaat, think he's a decent bloke, particularly for an ex-Sunderland manager.

Thought he'd have retired actually, he's not getting any younger but one thing in his favour is that he is certain to do a better job than Blind.

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Don't the Dutch fans care mate?

If that were Spain there'd be a media led revolt. 

Of course they care but what can they do. So many ex players have come out and slated this news. But because things have been so bad i guess it was expected. van Hanegem has critised it so bad and he worked with Dick in 2004.  The whole thing is a joke. 

32 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Of course they care but what can they do. So many ex players have come out and slated this news. But because things have been so bad i guess it was expected. van Hanegem has critised it so bad and he worked with Dick in 2004.  The whole thing is a joke. 

In a way I feel sorry for Advocaat with all the negative comments coming from every corner but then again he's accepted the job which in my view makes him a collaborator and sympathiser with the KNVB.  And again, who was there to choose from...  Peter Bosz?  One of Johan Cruyff's pupils indeed, but he would be an absolute psychopath to take the job on at this moment in his career.  It would ruin him like I reckon Jorge Sampaoli is about to be ruined by the choice he's made (yet to be made official) by agreeing to coach Argentina.  Both men are now showing their talents on the club stage and it's there where you have to achieve things before you finalise yourself  by coaching a national side.

The only viable choice was Ronald Koeman and even there I'd say he was mad if he took the job on because there's something not right in the KNVB which affects a coach on the international scene no end.

I actually feel De Boer would've been a good choice for now but whatever occurred there nobody knows and is only hearsay.

20 hours ago, SirBalon said:

In a way I feel sorry for Advocaat with all the negative comments coming from every corner but then again he's accepted the job which in my view makes him a collaborator and sympathiser with the KNVB.  And again, who was there to choose from...  Peter Bosz?  One of Johan Cruyff's pupils indeed, but he would be an absolute psychopath to take the job on at this moment in his career.  It would ruin him like I reckon Jorge Sampaoli is about to be ruined by the choice he's made (yet to be made official) by agreeing to coach Argentina.  Both men are now showing their talents on the club stage and it's there where you have to achieve things before you finalise yourself  by coaching a national side.

The only viable choice was Ronald Koeman and even there I'd say he was mad if he took the job on because there's something not right in the KNVB which affects a coach on the international scene no end.

I actually feel De Boer would've been a good choice for now but whatever occurred there nobody knows and is only hearsay.

I don't blame Advocaat for taking the job but I blame the KNVB for offering it to him, for some reason the Dutch FA have always giving the job to these type of footballing coaches like they are some sort of football gods.  They need to step out of this dinosaur generation and do what mostly Dutch do in sports is give youth a change.  The coach needed to be something different as Van Gaal, Hiddink, Blind who has been part of the setup now until he was sacked as head coach for 6 years. It needs a whole change and the coaching needs to be changed.   Many people were very surprised that Bosz was appointed as the Ajax coach, but it was from Johan Cruyffs blessing that Bosz was given the job due to his way of playing but was unable to showcase it on the big stage until now.     The KNVB only appointed Hans Van Breukelen but is clueless as the past.

Archived