talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Just a Thought...

So this was something I pondered on and I'd like to hear all your thoughts.

We all know Premier League clubs don't like giving chances to youth, unless you are Manchester United and maybe Liverpool. Personally I think it does have to do with emphasis on profile, but that's just me. With England winning all these youth tournaments, it does make me wonder the following.

Does England need to win the World Cup to kick on the generation? If England wins the World Cup, would PL teams be willing to give more of a chance to youth like Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, Onomah, Foden, Brewster, etc. and continue the process, convince them that English talent is good enough?

I can't speak for this but in my mind, I felt Peru had to qualify for the world cup in order to get more football attention and that's exactly how things began to pan out when Mexican clubs came swooping in like crazy.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

So this was something I pondered on and I'd like to hear all your thoughts.

We all know Premier League clubs don't like giving chances to youth, unless you are Manchester United and maybe Liverpool. Personally I think it does have to do with emphasis on profile, but that's just me. With England winning all these youth tournaments, it does make me wonder the following.

Does England need to win the World Cup to kick on the generation? If England wins the World Cup, would PL teams be willing to give more of a chance to youth like Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, Onomah, Foden, Brewster, etc. and continue the process, convince them that English talent is good enough?

I can't speak for this but in my mind, I felt Peru had to qualify for the world cup in order to get more football attention and that's exactly how things began to pan out when Mexican clubs came swooping in like crazy.

xD 

well that's wrong for starters.

plenty of clubs in the Premier League give chances to youth. Southampton, Leicester, Everton are 3 off the top of my head who constantly give a lot of minutes to youth players. 

I forgot about Southampton - but I'm no expert so I'm glad you could quote me on it. Still, I know that worry exists.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I forgot about Southampton - but I'm no expert so I'm glad you could quote me on it. Still, I know that worry exists.

only if you're Chelsea.

there's plenty of under 21 players that are given their chance at each club. Obviously some more than others but to say clubs 'don't like giving chances to youth' is so far off the mark and just wrong, to be honest.

Archived