talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Supercopa de España 2018: FC BARCELONA 2-1 SEVILLA FC

football forum

Sunday 12th August 2018

Stadium to be confirmed. 

FC BARCELONA v SEVILLA FC

This is the first time the Supercopa de España will be played as one singular game and not the two legs as was tradition.

917a_hb_5b30004a4d9e1.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Is this a glorified friendly ?

I don't get this that many of you take the Confederations cup useless but look forward to these kinds of matches ? 

football is football.

I guess this is like Charity Shield in England. Yes a glorified friendly but still a football match to look forward to watching.

12 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Is this a glorified friendly ?

I don't get this that many of you take the Confederations cup useless but look forward to these kinds of matches ? 

It’s taken a lot more seriously in Spain than the Charity Shield is in England but it’s obviously the lesser trophy of the domestic season. 

• The topic was pinned
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve never understood the significance behind the Confederations Cup for football fans other than for FIFA to make money.

We already have a World Cup. 

Its a good idea a lot of sports have tournaments like this. Iraq getting to play in the 2009 edition a country that rarely gets international attention its not totally useless for all fans.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

football is football.

Do you look forward to it ? 

yeah. I'll watch as much football I can so I don't mind it. 

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve never understood the significance behind the Confederations Cup for football fans other than for FIFA to make money.

We already have a World Cup. 

isn't it also seen as a 'warm-up' for the host nation as well for running the tournament?

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah. I'll watch as much football I can so I don't mind it. 

isn't it also seen as a 'warm-up' for the host nation as well for running the tournament?

That’s the only benefit I see about the Confederations Cup in that it’s a warm-up for the host nation and it also gives the Confederative winners a chance to experience the country they’ll be playing in during the World Cup.

But from a trophy perspective it’s confusing and for that reason it has absolutely no value whatsoever. 

• Subscriber

All I care about is how @SirBalon gets that curly accent above the n in the thread title. Do you have some sort of mental Spanish keyboard or something?

Looks like I can get it on my phone actually: ññññ. Wöw łõøķ ăţ åļĺ ţhę čõőľ äčçěňť§ ýòü çāň ūşé.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

All I care about is how @SirBalon gets that curly accent above the n in the thread title. Do you have some sort of mental Spanish keyboard or something?

Looks like I can get it on my phone actually: ññññ. Wöw łõøķ ăţ åļĺ ţhę čõőľ äčçěňť§ ýòü çāň ūşé.

cor it's like being back on MySpace again with fancy statuses xD 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

cor it's like being back on MySpace again with fancy statuses xD 

Just need some Wonderwall lyrics to go in my username and a girlfriend so I can put her initials in love hearts on MSN Messenger.

27 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Alt + 164 on the numerical keyboard if you're on a PC or simply download a Spanish keyboard if on the mobile. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Sunday 12th August 2018

Stadium to be confirmed. 

FC BARCELONA v SEVILLA FC

This is the first time the Supercopa de España will be played as one singular game and not the two legs as was tradition.

917a_hb_5b30004a4d9e1.jpg

I am going to diverge from the mainstream here. The notion of a two-leg super-cup may be "traditional" but it is shitty. A one leg throphy may be a novelty, but it's a change for the best.

And for the venue, bfftttt. As long as it starts at the usual time, I actually don't care that much if it is played abroad. The way I see it the only possible grip is the foregone whitewashing of the moroccan regime.

30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

ALT + 164 = ñ
ALT+ 165 = Ñ

7 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

I am going to diverge from the mainstream here. The notion of a two-leg super-cup may be "traditional" but it is shitty. A one leg throphy may be a novelty, but it's a change for the best.

And for the venue, bfftttt. As long as it starts at the usual time, I actually don't care that much if it is played abroad. The way I see it the only possible grip is the foregone whitewashing of the moroccan regime.

Having 1 leg is a good idea, but it should only be held in Spain as it's a Spanish competition. 

15 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

The one off final without there being two legs is much better and the Copa del Rey should go along the same fashion. I think there’s been talk of this coming to fruition too.

As for it being played abroad... I don’t like that to be honest but I know why they want to do it. Italy’s Super Coppa looks to be going the same way too. 

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The one off final without there being two legs is much better and the Copa del Rey should go along the same fashion. I think there’s been talk of this coming to fruition too.

As for it being played abroad... I don’t like that to be honest but I know why they want to do it. Italy’s Super Coppa looks to be going the same way too. 

I mean, from a Spanish pov Northern Morocco is far from being, I don't know, Azerbaijan? In the case of Tetouan (close to Tangier), Primera División football was even played there. No disruption of schedules either, of course. And frankly, up to this date the Supercopa just feels like a official stop-gap of the "bolos veraniegos".

The problem is just the moment (with the Rif feeling somewhat insurrectional) is politically sensitive and the fixture is prone to be portrayed as propaganda for whoever is in charge when Mohammed VI is having his parisian holidays.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Noticed that this game is on Sky Sports (in Britain) despite them losing La Liga rights.

What's the chance they spend the entire game demeaning Spanish football know they have lost the rights to it?

Without a shadow of a doubt. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived