talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yannick Bolasie Signs for Aston Villa

Fenerbahce are interested in signing Everton winger Yannick Bolasie, Sky Sports News understands.

The Turkish side finished second in the Super Lig last season, and are looking to strengthen their squad before they enter the Champions League qualifying rounds.

Bolasie has been at Everton for two years after joining the club from Crystal Palace for close to £30m.

He has made only 32 appearances for the Premier League side in that time, however, after suffering a serious knee injury at the end of 2016 that kept him out for over a year.

• The title was changed to Yannick Bolasie - Fenerbahce Interested
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I like him but not as a footballer. Thought he was streaky at best before his injury and shite after it but to be honest I originally thought he was pretty shite before his injury before I allowed the opinions of other Everton fans to sway me.

Completely overpaid for him, said at the time, but hopefully we get a decent chunk of it back now. There's just no point in him when Walcott is better and Lookman is the one we need to get in the team on the other flank. I think Bolasie is also one of the players who's on absolutely retarded wages along with Williams, Klaassen and Sandro so that obviously needs sorting.

@RandoEFC @Cannabis I think you've both been cheated really through nobody's fault. You were getting a player ready to try and push on to be a top six player, however Yannicks whole game plan was through rapid pace which complimented his skill. Unfortunately with that horrendous injury of his he seems to have lost a yard or two, and with that his game is pretty much gone to the point where I wouldn't have him back.

I'm not going to pretend I'm disappointed it hasn't worked out. I have absolutely no issue with any Crystal Palace player in 2016 wanting to move to Everton. We had peaked with being top six at Christmas and then in a cup final at Wembley. Everton had a new owner with real ambitions to make and stay in the top six. What I had a problem is the way he went about it. Yannick sacked off his agent and employed that agency firm ran by the lady who covered for Adam Johnson at Sunderland. He made her her first millions as a football agent. She was employed with the pure principle of getting him to move on from Crystal Palace. If you wanted to leave Yannick, there was more moral ways of doing it. 

It's sad really because the most influential signing in my lifetime will not be discussed about by Palace fans reminiscing who would quite rightly rather remember Zaha, Jedinak, Speroni etc. more instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldnt say no on a loan just to see if hes still capable of making an impact, but it's not a priority. I'd rather us have a word with Sako about a new contract at the moment.

I will always have a place for Yannick in my heart but the way he manouvered a move, to use that fat cow who covered for Adam Johnson and made her a ton of money in the process, was really low.

He's not going to be as quick as he once was, and on the left flank we have a rapid albeit less skillfull player in Schlupp. Van Aanholt is so quick and fit he effectively covers two positions as well. We also have the small matter of Andros Townsend who is one of the first names on the team sheet, and Sulley KaiKai who is a reasonable backup. So it's difficult to see where he fits in.

That said, this is s progressive side. We look comfortable playing 4-5-1 and 4-2-2 without a designated striker and full backs effectively playing as midfielders. For the latter to work more effectively we could benefit with one or two more attacking midfielders which wouldn't be a role for Yannick.

Middlesbrough have launched an ambitious move for Everton winger Yannick Bolasie, Sky Sports News understands.

The 29-year-old is surplus to requirements at Goodison Park and is available for around £15m, despite joining the Toffees two years ago for £26m.

Boro boss Tony Pulis knows Bolasie from his time as manager of Crystal Palace.

We understand the DR Congo international is also interesting former club Palace and Burnley, but Boro have money to spend after selling Ben Gibson and Patrick Bamford for a combined £25m this week.

15m is absurd considering his injury troubles and he’s 29. Honestly not sure I’d pay a penny for him. A loan to buy would be the only thing I’d go for.

Pullis always signs players he’s worked with before

I remember when he was at Palace and he always tore our fullbacks a new arsehole. I thought he’d be a very good signing for Everton, and I remember at least one derby where he was the only Everton player that looked like he gave a fuck and wasn’t useless. That injury really fucked him over.

A move to a less physical league would probably be ideal for him to get back into form considering he’s lost a lot of pace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Yannick Bolasie - Set to Sign for Aston Villa
  • Subscriber

Hopefully he does well. I've been harsh on him this summer but I'm not even convinced he was really good enough for us even before his injury.

He's one of those players where when he's doing alright you say he's always playing with a smile on his face. But then when he does 5 stepovers and ends up running it out for a throw in as if it's FIFA and your controller just ran out of battery and disconnected, then turns around with that dumb guy grin on his face it kind if pisses you off.

45 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Who said you could use Monopoly money?!

One of the richest clubs in world football mate, didn’t you know Tony Xia sold up? 

I think we’ll cop a FFP fine but I don’t think these guys care too much it’s get up now or else. 

Bruce is under massive pressure already

Archived