talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fernando Torres Signs for Sagan Tosu

football forum

• Administrator

yeah I had to Google them too. Japanese club which means Torres will face up against Andres Iniesta next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44778247

_102455746_torres.png

Former Liverpool, Chelsea and Spain striker Fernando Torres has signed for Japanese side Sagan Tosu.

His Atletico Madrid contract ran out this summer and was not renewed, with his final appearance as a 90th-minute substitute in the Europa League final defeat of Marseille.

The Spaniard, 34, rejoined his boyhood club in 2014 after a loan at AC Milan.

The World Cup and European Championship winner was part of Chelsea's Champions League-winning team in 2012.

He scored 126 goals in 314 matches in an eight-year spell in English football, including four years with Liverpool when he scored 81 times in only 142 games.

"I have had offers from France, Germany and even one from Spain but at no point did I ever think about going to another European team," Torres said on Tuesday.

"I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place."

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a player he was before his injury in 2010. The way he blitzed past all those United players in 2009, barging past Rio to the ground in the process, you could tell Liverpool had a really special player at that moment. It's a shame how like Falcao and Michael Owen, injuries really stopped us seeing more of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived