talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Houses, Flats, Rent & Mortgages Thread

football forum

4 hours ago, MUFC said:

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

Weird that because I will literally talking about this with my mum and dad last night and actually thought they were taking the piss. 

They are looking to buy in North Wales and have said it's like hitting your head against a brick wall. People must know the time new properties are being upload on to the site because my mum said she see's a new property and asks for a viewing only to be told they've already accepted an offer. 

The housing market is crazy these days, I'm pretty lucky I live in a good postcode and am literally 5 minutes from the airport. I've sold two houses in the last 5 years and both have sold within two days of them being placed on the market. My first house had four viewings on the first day and we had two solid offers and my second house sold off a viewing on the second day. 

My wife has set up camp in the current house, I'm all for moving again as the house prices are climbing all the time in my area. 

Just read the attached and while I'm not quite in the position yet, I'm not looking forward to competing with that, especially with the lack of wiggle room I have (admittedly I'm not in North Wales, but have noticed houses going off estate agent websites very quickly. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Trying to get on the market now. 

Have a good enough deposit (been saving for a little while) and job security is fine so not worried about that. However, my salary has never been good enough to take out a good mortgage as a single buyer. July is the time I should have a decent salary to try and get on the property ladder but even then, the house prices are still ridiculous.

Hope you find a house when the time comes buddy, one of the most stressful things I found moving from one house to the other, but well worth it once done.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Just renovating at the minute. Took the plunge with my Mrs in 2004 and we lost on our first house as the Market after 2008 nosedived. We’ve been relatively lucky since and were pretty much in the ‘forever’ home now.

@MUFC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

• Subscriber

Bought a 2BHK in my hometown just before the pandemic hit and while I haven't really been there in a while due to travel restrictions I'll completely own it by the end of next year and it has ocean-front access so I like that. Came out to around 240K USD but it was worth it in the end. I sometimes forget we have threads like this.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just read the attached and while I'm not quite in the position yet, I'm not looking forward to competing with that, especially with the lack of wiggle room I have (admittedly I'm not in North Wales, but have noticed houses going off estate agent websites very quickly. 

Postcodes sell houses mate, catchment areas for schools sells house,transport links sell houses.

Wales has always been unique, you're buying into a lovely lifestyle, North Wales has some stunning places and what makes it so appealing is the house prices are insanely cheap to go with the beaches and mountains. 

The house my mum owns now is lovely but for less money in North Wales they can get a detached three bedroom bungalow with an extension, twice as much land and a beach a stone throw away. 

Thats why they are going off the market in seconds. 

18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Bought a 2BHK in my hometown just before the pandemic hit and while I haven't really been there in a while due to travel restrictions I'll completely own it by the end of next year and it has ocean-front access so I like that. Came out to around 240K USD but it was worth it in the end. I sometimes forget we have threads like this.

I bumped it lol.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Housing market here has been nuts for the last few years. Dipped for about 2 months when the pandemic hit and has been red hot since. Mortgage rates hit 1.5% I might not see that again in my lifetime - avg here is closer to 3%. I bought my first place (1 bdrm + den roughly 730sq ft) condo in 2013 or 2014... sold it nearly 2 years ago and moved in fulltime with my better half. Currently paying dirtcheap rent for an older basement suite as we had planned to buy a place last year after traveling. Pandemic put things in flux but ive basically got what I made off my condo for a solid down payment on hopefully a townhouse when the market cools down which is hopefully next year sometime.

45 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Sorry, I meant are properties still selling well during Covid?

Some are being sold without being viewed. It’s that ridiculous. Partly because of the rise in stamp duty as well. We’ve had 3 letters through our door asking if we’re interested in selling from absolute randomers.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Some are being sold without being viewed. It’s that ridiculous. Partly because of the rise in stamp duty as well. We’ve had 3 letters through our door asking if we’re interested in selling from absolute randomers.

That’s crazy. You’re rich though, so nice house probably ;) 

Houses are going very quickly here. Rentals are almost non-existent. The impact on returning residents and no real travel opportunities!

Our mortgage rate isn’t the lowest but I’ll be keeping an eye on things as not sure what interest rates are going to do..

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 27/05/2021 at 04:12, DeadLinesman said:

Apparently you need a london post code if you want that sweet sweet Cayman island tax haven write off. So london properties are full of oligarchs who've never spent a second under the roof. 

• Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Apparently you need a london post code if you want that sweet sweet Cayman island tax haven write off. So london properties are full of oligarchs who've never spent a second under the roof. 

Mate, I’m talking basic housing here. It’s crazy. Average Joe was struggling already to the get on the housing ladder and now the waters are muddied by foreign investors (even at this level) who are straight out buying to rent and inflating the market with over asking price offers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mate, I’m talking basic housing here. It’s crazy. Average Joe was struggling already to the get on the housing ladder and now the waters are muddied by foreign investors (even at this level) who are straight out buying to rent and inflating the market with over asking price offers.

Yeah, seeing that myself a little where I am.

1. Saw a house nearby where I live that was very nice and it was 'offers over' £190k (I think you can see where this is going already). I know the market is stupid, but I refuse to be stupid with the market and offered £196k (a bit more, but not ridiculously so). I was told the accepted offer was 'considerably higher' than mine. I found out that someone offered £202k and was also rejected. I heard a rumour that the accepted offer may have been as high as £240k (for a £190k house), though I can't confirm that.

2. I saw a house via another estate agent that was sold (nice cottage, but not what I really want). Within a month, it was available to rent. Seen a few others in my area that have gone up to let as well.

Ridiculous really.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Agreed - I wanted to avoid stamp duty initially (don’t pay on properties of X amount value and under), however went above it in the end…

Internet rate rises seem to be coming. How about in Britain?

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Agreed - I wanted to avoid stamp duty initially (don’t pay on properties of X amount value and under), however went above it in the end…

Internet rate rises seem to be coming. How about in Britain?

Fluctuating. They were quite low recently but in the past few weeks they're creeping up week by week. 

We're in process of buying a house and our mortgage advisor was quite good in the sense she was telling us literally every other day 'rates are going up, do you want to proceed'. Other advisors I or family have dealt with wouldn't be so proactive! 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I got my mortgage fixed for 7 years at 1.59% back in October. Absolute fucking bargain.

Ours is fixed for 5 years at 2.19% which we were delighted with. 

A few weeks later best rates hit just under 3%.