talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yerry Mina - Signs for Everton

His first 6 months at Barcelona were disappointing and Valverde and the Barcelona board decided to loan/sell him. His strong performances at the World Cup helped Mina rebuild his value and his services are wanted by several clubs. Barça paid Palmeiras 11,8 million euros for him, so they could be looking to make some easy profit here.

Everton is rumored to have bid 24 million euros for Mina. Borussia Dortmund, Lyon and Fenerbahce also said to be interested. 

Who will get the big man?

GeneralTartIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Spike said:

Much ado about nothing @SirBalon

Get better scouts!

Barça weren't the only ones in for him but with Yerry they acted quickly. All the reports and what people said pointed to a very good signing. To be honest, I think he's a very good defender although has some flaws (doesn't everyone). But that game against Levante marked him and I said at the time that it would be extremely difficult to come out of that alive for a proper future at Barcelona. I would be in favour of a loan rather than selling him though.

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe Barça are signing someone called Tom. :ph34r:

Vermaelaen

The back line is a cat and a mouse. Love it

• Subscriber

Said in the Zaha thread and I'll echo it here, this seems like a very good move.

Some of our fans have been getting itchy about a lack of signings. It's worrying that some people can forget what a disaster last summer and the season that followed it was.

If we get a couple more off the wage budget and sign Mina and another couple of good, youngish players that are a sensible price, not too fat on wages and actually have a clear role in what Marco Silva and Marcel Brands want to achieve on the pitch then you can't ask for much more than that.

We might have had to wait six weeks since the window opened to get one through the door and obviously he could still flop but Mina fits the bill and I hope our remaining business follows this pattern.

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

£25m apparently although I expect it to have a buy-back clause. 

Buzzing about this, class business.

In my mind you are the most stereotypical Englishman. You say things like that, 'absolute tune', 'banger', reads LadBible, says 'lad' unironically, thinks 'cheeky Nandos' is a funny joke and a tasty meal, eats Indian and stirfrys on nights out and kebabs on hangover days. You also probably wear Fred Perry, think Levis are high end, and aspire to drive an Aston Martin. 

Just now, Spike said:

In my mind you are the most stereotypical Englishman. You say things like that, 'absolute tune', 'banger', reads LadBible, says 'lad' unironically, thinks 'cheeky Nandos' is a funny joke and a tasty meal, eats Indian and stirfrys on nights out and kebabs on hangover days. You also probably wear Fred Perry, think Levis are high end, and aspire to drive an Aston Martin. 

In fairness to Nandos, it's shit in Australia.

Just now, Danny said:

Didn't think it'd made it's way there.

It's not amazing mind, Nandos is just an exotic Harvester.

Peri Peri chicken is having a quiet boom around the States right now. A bunch of places opened over night it seemed. Nandos wasn't around till a year ago?

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Peri Peri chicken is having a quiet boom around the States right now. A bunch of places opened over night it seemed. Nandos wasn't around till a year ago?

Nandos in general or Nandos in USA?

Tell you what is better than Nandos in Australia, Oporto. Fucking love me some Oporto.

Just now, Danny said:

Nandos in general or Nandos in USA?

Tell you what is better than Nandos in Australia, Oporto. Fucking love me some Oporto.

Nandos USA. Oporto is damned good. Though I think Nandos is fairly mediocre to start with, especially if you can find other peri peri places.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Spike said:

Na that's not true - I know Nandos has been in DC for years

On 7/11/2018 at 21:09, Spike said:

It is worse in America.

On 7/11/2018 at 21:10, Danny said:

Didn't think it'd made it's way there.

It's not amazing mind, Nandos is just an exotic Harvester.

Never heard of it, so I had to do some recon - 

Nando's currently has 40 restaurants in the US: 12 in Illinois; 6 in Washington, D.C.; 13 in Maryland; and 9 in Virginia.

• The title was changed to Yerry Mina - To Move to Everton or Man Utd?

Archived