talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Final - Sunday 15th July - France 4-2 Croatia (France win World Cup 2018)

football forum

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

Don't think Croatia has any more in them. 

3 consecutive ET's, two of them ending with penalties, and one day less of rest than France? Too much for any team.

• Subscriber

Don't mind who wins this. I quite like both sides. Croatia have achieved a great thing by reaching a World Cup final just by producing a quality team from a very narrow population, not much luck to it at all. France I feel like they've paid their dues by losing the Euro final on home turf and maybe this is their redemption.

I'll probably enjoy this a lot more than I would have if England were involved.

12 minutes ago, Asura said:

If Croatia win the final against france after playing three ETs and one less day of rest, they should be declared world champions of all time... seriously thats a no fucking joke... 

I can't see it. Even if they were fully rested. This France side has way too much quality in depth. 

I want Croatia to win but I think France will just overpower them, we tore down their wings today and if we were any better on the ball when they pressured us maybe we could have carried on, but France definitely can. I think it'll end up fairly one sided tbh.

I want Croatia to win because of Dejan Lovren, and it'd mean we're knocked out by the actual winners of the tournament... which is a little less shite than just getting knocked out (or not even making it out of the group stages like that sad group of "favourites" xD). Also France are France, so they've got that going against them as well in terms of their general likeability.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Edged it on paper though. 

And on another day we could have gone in at half time 2-0 up...hence edging it on paper, because it's a close call and someone has to lose (us today).

Just now, Danny said:

And on another day we could have gone in at half time 2-0 up...hence edging it on paper, because it's a close call and someone has to lose (us today).

And on another day you would have gone 5-0 down at halftime. Just accept you were wrong. xD

Just now, Spike said:

And on another day you would have gone 5-0 down at halftime. Just accept you were wrong. xD

With all those chances they had in the first half? There wasn't much in the game and they won, falls in line with what I said. Step away from your laptop and start an argument with someone else xD

Just now, Danny said:

With all those chances they had in the first half? There wasn't much in the game and they won, falls in line with what I said. Step away from your laptop and start an argument with someone else xD

So many chances they won!

• The title was changed to Final - Sunday 15th July - France vs Croatia
  • The topic was pinned

Archived