talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Final - Sunday 15th July - France 4-2 Croatia (France win World Cup 2018)

football forum

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Swings and roundabout. Vrsaljko should have been off before half time against England but didn’t receive a single booking.

Not sure but I think this is France-Croatia.

Not sure what good it does England for the Croats to get cheated except pure spite.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not really. In my opinion, Peresic moves his arm down unnaturally quickly towards the ball flight. That’s simply my interpretation and obviously the refs, along with several other on here. Some poster agree with you though. That’s my point about the problem with some VAR handball decisions.

Agreed, He had enough time to bring that arm in and away from the flight of the ball and had it hit him while trying to pull it away they may have got the benefit of the doubt... Having said that I would have liked to see France fuck it right up as some sort of Karma for that cheating cunt Henry... 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

You said delusional was harsh because it was your opinion, so I said no, many opinions are delusional. 

Saying Mandzukic has been better than Perisic isn't one though, which I wasn't saying anyways. I just think in normal circumstances Mandzukic is a more useful player. I like Perisic, but only in this tournament has he convinced me that he can be a more useful asset than Mandz. 

France have struggled, especially the midfield. Pogba has been non-existent and Kante has been all over the place. They'll be absolutely delighted to be ahead.

Croatia have to keep doing what they are doing they have played brilliantly. Just need to switched on at set-pieces.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Not sure what good it does England for the Croats to get cheated except pure spite.

I think its just highlighting inconsistencies, nothing to do with spite. 

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

The point being games even themselves out sometimes, and sometimes not. England weren’t granted extras in the last game just because the ref missed some incidents. 

As for the actual outcome of this game, I genuinely couldn’t give a shiny shite.

Croatia were pretty good in that half. France didn’t create much, relying a lot on that release pass to Mbappe & yet France lead. There has been a feeling all throughout this WC that France have more to offer & haven’t played to their full attacking potential, which is scary.

Football gods are cruel 

France has 1 shot on net: a pk and leads 2:1

horse shoes up ?

croatia playing better.  More chances more shots more corners  

Even the free kick given was soft

Grease man was falling before contact was made

• Subscriber

Can anyone tell me what does and doesn't make it handball? We've heard so many different questions to decide whether it is or isn't.

"His hand was in an unnatural position so it's a penalty."

"It was clearly accidental so it's not a penalty."

"It was only a few feet away from him so you can't give a penalty for that."

"His arms were out by his side so its handball."

We can sit here and argue about whether it's handball or not but the truth is nobody knows the actual rules so we are all just jumping to conclusions based on either a gut feeling or our personal bias towards or against Croatia or France (or VAR) or our discomfort in seeing a World Cup Final influenced by this sort of controversy. Needs sorted.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

I'd be interested to here what certain members thought of that decision had it been given to Croatia...

Exactly. Nail and head. Just seen it again and I’m even more convinced he moves his hand down towards it.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Can anyone tell me what does and doesn't make it handball? We've heard so many different questions to decide whether it is or isn't.

"His hand was in an unnatural position so it's a penalty."

"It was clearly accidental so it's not a penalty."

"It was only a few feet away from him so you can't give a penalty for that."

"His arms were out by his side so its handball."

We can sit here and argue about whether it's handball or not but the truth is nobody knows the actual rules so we are all just jumping to conclusions based on either a gut feeling or our personal bias towards or against Croatia or France (or VAR) or our discomfort in seeing a World Cup Final influenced by this sort of controversy. Needs sorted.

Screw this tell me does the own goal count as the first goal of the match or is it the penalty ? xD

• Administrator
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

Screw this tell me does the own goal count as the first goal of the match or is it the penalty ? xD

What? Definitely the own goal xD xD

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

The own goal counts but even if it didn't it would have gone to Perisic, sorry. See the LMS thread.

Not to be a grinch but surely these are the 2 worst finalists of all time?

An injury to Kante and/or Mbappe before the tournament and France don't get this far. Croatia benefitted from an easy route. Even if I can appreciate the latter for their spirit and improvisation, I'm not sure they would have gotten this far against a Brazil or a on-form Germany.

The quality in this tournament has been lower than usual. I'm not trying to take away from these teams merits, they are here for a reason. It does seem a bit flukey though especially given the best team doesn't always win in a one off game. 

France in this tournament remind me of what Argentina was in 2014. If you took out Demichelis and Messi out of that team, they wouldn't have reached the final.

His hand is moving towards the ball, but it was already moving in that direction before it took the deflection off the attacker. For all we know before the deflection, that movement was taking his hand further from danger.

Cannot in any world call it “deliberate”.

Well, the two Inter players has making headlines in this game. 

Perisic get a handball in the box called against him, while also curls a beautiful ball that hits the back of the net. 

Brozovic tackles Greiz who dives which leads to France's first goal. 

Thought France would be showing their stuff today  rather than relying on luck

VAR was bound to come today.  It's Murphy's law.  

Unfortunately it helped the team that is favourite but not showing it on the pitch. 

Hope croatia can turn this around 

Archived