talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Final - Sunday 15th July - France 4-2 Croatia (France win World Cup 2018)

football forum

35 minutes ago, JRRandall said:

I was a fan of Kylian Mbappe's ridiculous speed on the ball but his clownish time wasting ruined it. :clown: 

I hope that Modric and Rakitic shred these poor sports.

Shame how certain players' character or behavior cloud the culture and quality of a side be it club or international level. 

Can you imagine the absolute cringe if France win a WC followed by Pogba's nonstop dancing and dabbing? 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Granted, I still think Croatia slightly fluked their way to the final, but its still hard to look past that their last 2 games despite drawing were pretty good performances.

You are far too South American centric. You don’t appreciate the great European teams.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Was routing for Croatia till Modric decided to be smug in his interview and Lovren pronounced himself world class. Hope Mbappe steps on his neck on his was to a glorious hat trick whilst bitch slapping Vida in his stupid face.

How is Modric being smug? He said the english press should respect the opponent or something on that lines... Did he say anything else other than that?

English press is known for that tbh, overrating players, talking very low about opponents, etc. I have seen that many times in cricket too mate :coffee:

Modric's comments and Roy Keane's were spot on. English fans/media used the pathetic 'its coming home' trend to hide the fact they genuinely thought this England team was superior behind the most unfunny bollocks ive seen. 

Humility and respect are still alien to most sections of the English press and fans.

12 hours ago, Asura said:

How is Modric being smug? He said the english press should respect the opponent or something on that lines... Did he say anything else other than that?

English press is known for that tbh, overrating players, talking very low about opponents, etc. I have seen that many times in cricket too mate :coffee:

He was being smug. He was right with what he said no doubt, but the manner of the interview didn’t sit well with me. It was almost patronisingly self congratulatory. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

He was being smug. He was right with what he said no doubt, but the manner of the interview didn’t sit well with me. It was almost patronisingly self congratulatory. 

BUT did you see Croatia's president? All is forgiven. 

Pogba - 'In 2016, after beating Germany, we thought that it was already done. We told ourselves that we had won, after beating Germany. That was the real final for us.'

What fucking helmets, the French are. 

Go on Croatia. Beat these mongs.

On 12/07/2018 at 07:28, ASF said:

3 consecutive ET's, two of them ending with penalties, and one day less of rest than France? Too much for any team.

Exactly this. The only reason it won’t be a 7-1 demolition job is France are so conservative with their football. It will be the most comprehensive 1-0 victory in history though.

Archived