talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Final - Sunday 15th July - France 4-2 Croatia (France win World Cup 2018)

football forum

Just now, Cannabis said:

Modric has been anonymous.

The fact hes still running is astonishing. How many games/minutes has he played this year? 

Hope he wins the Balon d'Or but UEFA wont make money that way. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

The fact hes still running is astonishing. How many games/minutes has he played this year? 

Hope he wins the Balon d'Or but UEFA wont make money that way. 

I think I saw he's at 38 miles before this game started, which was the most in the tournament. 

Just now, Eco said:

Locker room cancer, maybe. But I would consider him a target man, and about as useful as Giroud in a lot of aspects. 

He is better than Giroud and would fit this team rather well, but as @Spike said his past meant there was no way he was getting back into this team. 

Just now, Eco said:

Locker room cancer, maybe. But I would consider him a target man, and about as useful as Giroud in a lot of aspects. 

He is quite literally nothing at all like a target man. He drops deep and would get in the way if Griezman, literally the worst pick you could have chosen. I’d even take Gignac over Benzena and Gignac is fat and useless

Just now, Spike said:

He is quite literally nothing at all like a target man. He drops deep and would get in the way if Griezman, literally the worst pick you could have chosen. I’d even take Gignac over Benzena and Gignac is fat and useless

I didn't know you loved Giroud so much..? 

The best squad of the tournament has won the World Cup. Well done France & Deschamps. They were just too good for everyone but hats off to Croatia for providing such a great spectacle. We have had too many dull finals, Croatia made sure of an entertaining, high-scoring one.

Benzema is everything but a target man. Just cause he's tall it doesn't automatically mean he is one ffs 😂

Croatia were awful for the last two goals. Seriously amateur and I thought the keeper left A LOT to be desired in his attempt to save both. 

France are the worst world champions I can remember. This final performance has been shit bar 10 minutes.

• Administrator

Giroud compliments this France team so well to be fair. 

Does the dirty, physical, aggressive work which the flair players won't be able to. Gives more freedom for Griezmann and Mbappe to do their thing as Giroud will drag defenders away with his aerial presence. He's got a great touch for a big guy too. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Benzema is everything but a target man. Just cause he's tall it doesn't automatically mean he is one ffs 😂

Croatia were awful for the last two goals. Seriously amateur and I thought the keeper left A LOT to be desired in his attempt to save both. 

France are the worst world champions I can remember. This final performance has been shit bar 10 minutes.

I thought Subasic pushed above his weight. He's had a great tournament but people have been brought back to reality in this final for the average keeper that he actually is.

I also agree that France are probably the worst world champions I can remember, but I don't agree with them being poor in this final. I thought this was their best performance yet.

Congrats to the French, and Croatia needs to keep their head high. Easy route or not, they've made history.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Where did I say that I love Giroud? You can’t use that as an argument FFS

You didn't have to say it, I am just not aware of anybody who thinks so highly of him in this WC...

Well, that's probably the last constant conversation I'll have with you lot for a while. It was a pleasure sharing this forum with most of the guys here. I'll probably still run into a lot of you but not on a daily basis. This is a great community and it was a lot of fun to chat with you all. Hope we are still going strong for 2022.

Archived