talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Third Place Playoff - Sunday 14th July - Belgium 2-0 England

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belgium started good and looked the more comfortable team, in the first 25 minutes. England then matching the game and could have had one goal themselves.

In this game, the average of goals has never been lower than 3 per match.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

We could be 4-0 and I wouldn't care. The job is done. The nation are behind the national team for the first time in over ten years.

Depends on if you want to be lost in the atmosphere or judge the England team in context.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Depends on if you want to be lost in the atmosphere or judge the England team in context.

even if you're part of the latter, do you not see that there's good promise for the team over the next couple of tournaments at least?

Just now, Stan said:

even if you're part of the latter, do you not see that there's good promise for the team over the next couple of tournaments at least?

They've made progress from how they've performed in previous tournaments but that in itself isn't saying much.

We're defensively organised and we panic less against teams we're clearly better than. It's a step forward but it's slightly cringeworthy seeing people claim we've shown anymore than that.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

They've made progress from how they've performed in previous tournaments but that in itself isn't saying much.

We're defensively organised and we panic less against teams we're clearly better than. It's a step forward but it's slightly cringeworthy seeing people claim we've shown anymore than that.

i can understand what you're saying but I wouldn't call it cringe-worthy.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

His final ball has been poor but Loftus-Cheek has done more in this one game than Alli has done in his whole England career. Needs to leave Chelsea.

I'd like to see him play our RW role if Willian leaves. 

23 minutes ago, 6666 said:

This is completely the wrong game to judge a team in context. We're looking at two teams who were left distraught half a week ago in a match where there's nothing to play for. People being critical and over analysing such matches are causing more issues and pressure than it's worth. I'm surprised given your constant reluctance to criticise your club team you've chosen to do so. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

How many Spurs made it to the World Cup? I feel like everyone play for Tottenham. 

12 I think.

Alli, Kane, Lloris, Alderweireld, Dembele, Dier, Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Sanchez, Son.

• Administrator

great save from Pickford. Lovely build-up from Belgium.

Loftus-Cheek playing well and nearly created a good chance for Rashford just before that. Kane looks a bit leggy and I think he should be brought off. Golden Boot is his. 

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

This is completely the wrong game to judge a team in context. We're looking at two teams who were left distraught half a week ago in a match where there's nothing to play for. People being critical and over analysing such matches are causing more issues and pressure than it's worth. I'm surprised given your constant reluctance to criticise your club team you've chosen to do so. 

I'm talking about the whole tournament rather than just this one specific game (we're actually playing really well in this 2nd half). I've also never claimed Arsenal were brilliant when they weren't, I've also not pretended everything was a disaster just like I'm not doing now. I stay consistent in not getting lost in emotion. :coffee:

• The title was changed to Third Place Playoff - Sunday 14th July - Belgium 2-0 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived