talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

An uncomfortable discussion about Tottenham

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

He scored 4 penalties in normal time and scored another in a penalty shoot out.

Against Tsunisia, Panama and Columbia. Countries David Attenborough couldn't find with a fucking globe, compass and instructions from one of his own documentaries.

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Against Tsunisia, Panama and Columbia. Countries David Attenborough couldn't find with a fucking globe, compass and instructions from one of his own documentaries.

You're Australian, support a country who you've no actual direct link to and now trying to give it large because Kane finally didn't score in this tournament xD

VIVA HARRY KANE

Image result for harry kane meme

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Can't tell if you're serious, drunk or trolling.

Typical Aussies :ph34r:.

He isn't Australian. He is German, this is 100% serious. Biggus Dickus Willie ain't nuttin to fukk wit

His general play was pretty terrible this tournament but I put most of that down to the tactics and the fact that Lingard wasn't that great behind him and Dele Alli has still never played well for England. Our attack in open play was pretty much him dropping deep and Sterling running beyond. His goals does let him off the hook though. They weren't impressive so I definitely wouldn't go overboard on any of his goals but they were important and he didn't mess it up. Which is a low bar but whatever.

The Tottenham semi-final curse seems unstoppable though.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

His general play was pretty terrible this tournament but I put most of that down to the tactics and the fact that Lingard wasn't that great behind him and Dele Alli has still never played well for England. Our attack in open play was pretty much him dropping deep and Sterling running beyond. His goals does let him off the hook though. They weren't impressive so I definitely wouldn't go overboard on any of his goals but they were important and he didn't mess it up. Which is a low bar but whatever.

Don't let your dislike for Spurs cloud your judgement...his build up play was far from terrible, the team didn't really build the play around him and he done well to drop deep, keep the ball, win free kicks, spread it out wide and create space for wide players to run into. Terrible? Mental xD

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Don't let your dislike for Spurs cloud your judgement...his build up play was far from terrible, the team didn't really build the play around him and he done well to drop deep, keep the ball, win free kicks, spread it out wide and create space for wide players to run into. Terrible? Mental xD

If I wanted to let him being a Spurs player "cloud my judgment" I could've easily been harsher than I was rather than say his goals let him off the hook. I could've said that "Him scoring from penalties or getting bummed by the opposition during corners is what he offered all tournament". 

Trippier I thought was great though. Maybe my dislike for Spurs is clouding my judgment though and what I should be saying is that he was the best player in the tournament.

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

If I wanted to let him being a Spurs player "cloud my judgment" I could've easily been harsher than I was rather than say his goals let him off the hook. I could've said that "Him scoring from penalties or getting bummed by the opposition during corners is what he offered all tournament". 

Trippier I thought was great though. Maybe my dislike for Spurs is clouding my judgment though and what I should be saying is that he was the best player in the tournament.

No he just wasn't terrible. No need to try and be controversial.

8 minutes ago, Machado said:

It's the same as us having half of our players playing in Sporting Lisbon or coming from their academy.

Loser club bringing their loserism to the national team.

The Sporting players were probably just very confused that the head of the Portugal FA wasn't hiring thugs to beat them up and give them death threats, or publishing their texts via twitter. Hard to make that adjustment when you've got totally sane bosses at your national team and on the club level you're working for someone who makes Maradona look stable and grounded.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Harry bottled the game last night but his performances throughout the others games means that it'd be stupid to get on his back.

Raheem meanwhile...

I said Raheem couldn't finish to save  his life and his goals were a product of Man City not his talent. I had another arguement (Spike right again) with my good pal/friendly rival @Danny

Last night was an absolute disgrace for England.   With that early goal they became complacent ............... England just did a Spurs.     I wonder how many chairs or bottles have been thrown or destroyed in the pubs around england ..........

I don't think Kane had an awful tournament, but both he and this England side flattered to decieve. Before we continue I will prefix that You can only play what's in front of you, England didn't choose their opponents.

That said....

2-1 over some country no one has ever heard of. You couldn't finish your fucking breakfast first half and were held out at 1-1 for 90 mins by some farmers who don't even have farms. Saved by a set piece. 2 of Kanes 6 came in this game.

6-1 over the actual worst team at the world cup and one of the worst ever at a world cup. They still breached you defense. That is also where King harry claimed half his goals. 5 of 6 against hopeless cunts

0-1 loss to Belgiums B team from your B team in the 2nd shittest game at the world cup and easily the most dissapointing.

1-1 draw to fucking Columbia who were horendous and still easily matched you in terms of goal scoring chances throughout the match. If Columbias 4 penalty was a quater f an inch lower or the ball was wet England would have likely (and deservedly) gone home here. Also Kanes final goal of the tournament was scored to give a 1-0 lead from the spot

2-0 win against Sweden. Your best result by far this world cup. Sweden were certainly worth a goal in the 2nd half, but for most of the match England dominated and having a good keeper is part of having a good team.

2-1 loss to Croatia. Deserved. You were outplayed for about 55-60 minutes of the 90 and they deserved a winner in normal time. Only set piece speciality (reoccuring theme of the tournament) gave you a goal

My English friend said "I don't care if every goal we score is from a set piece or penalty if we keep winning" And I 100% agree it doesn't matter as they all count. But being unable to score from open play is a huge weakness. Being unable to keep a clean sheet is a huge weakness. Would have been a sad world cup had England won it, not that any Englishman would or should care.

Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I said Raheem couldn't finish to save  his life and his goals were a product of Man City not his talent. I had another arguement (Spike right again) with my good pal/friendly rival @Danny

You'd have a point if Sterling hadn't scored all 23 of those goals he scored 

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Even Captain Cook, Vasco da gama, Ibne Batuta and Marcopolo won't be able to find that country.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

You'd have a point if Sterling hadn't scored all 23 of those goals he scored 

Helps when you have creating geniuses in Silva and KDB supporting you. Sterling has Lingard for England. 

14 hours ago, 6666 said:

I think Kane’s first penalty actually set the tone for the New England that got people so excited and that broke their penalty shootout curse... Stone cold and efficient. Kane did a great job in the captain role. The tactics didn’t suit him though. He’s world class but he doesn’t have Salah and mane playing off him. He has Sterling, and somewhere further back up the pitch Lingard and Alli... 

Archived