• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England’s Best Player at the World Cup?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Bag of shit last night, IMO. Though before last night, he was up there. 

Second half yeah - I agree - he was out of position and the same problems I have with him at Tottenham emerged. I just had a little go at this on twitter:

Now the dust is starting to settle - can we just talk about Trippier for a minute. Absolutely brilliant tournament, so pleased for him to shine on that stage and to perform as he did. However, that doesn’t change his performances for Tottenham and the clear limitations he has...I still have the same concerns about him, as part of a back 4, than I did before. He switches off at the back post, he can be beaten in behind and doesn’t offer us enough width because he so rarely gets beyond our midfielders. Hope the WC doesn’t cloud people’s judgements on this. For England he just played to his strengths, had very little defending to do as part of a 5, didn’t have to worry too much about positioning because Walker covered behind him, and got to do what he does best, which is balls in behind down the line and crosses into the box - particularly his first time volleyed crosses which are amongst the best I've seen. This England system suited him perfectly, and playing next to Walker really helps Trippier, but he still has severe limitations and not a modern full back at all. He's like a traditional right midfielder xD

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Anyone saying anything other than Pickford is kidding themselves. Head and shoulders above anyone else.

They’re really not kidding themselves. He was outstanding but so were a few others. 

I don’t rate Trippier’s defending and even though he’s a dingle, I think he was brilliant in a system that clearly suited him. 

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Trippier, Pickford , Stones, Kane

What about sterling? He's played for city who shortly he was miles better than Anyone? xD :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

They’re really not kidding themselves. He was outstanding but so were a few others. 

I don’t rate Trippier’s defending and even though he’s a dingle, I think he was brilliant in a system that clearly suited him. 

To be fair most players don't play great in a system that doesn't suit unless they're Messi Ronaldo good 

3 hours ago, bozziovai said:

the 12th man ------------------   the fans  ---   it seems they have more passion and commitment than the one's playing in the field ----------

Image result for england fans

You're having a fucking laugh. The players gave it everything.

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What about sterling? He's played for city who shortly he was miles better than Anyone? xD :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

He was very important for England and bringing him off was when the game changed for the worse but as an individual player, he can do a lot better

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He was very important for England and bringing him off was when the game changed for the worse but as an individual player, he can do a lot better

Who are you and what have you done with happyblue 

Archived