talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Cueva to Krasnodar

football forum

Almost a done deal. 

With the good world cup he had, I do believe Cueva could aim for better, but if its the best offer from Europe, he shouldn't complain. Its a good transition to European football and I'm sure he'll vastly improve Krasnodar. Also gets some European football and will play the Europa league. 

If we made it out of our group, I reckon our players could have gotten better moves, but again I have no complaints with Krasnodar. Could very well be another Rostov.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

not a dig at @Blue but wasn't Cueva one of the players tipped to go to a top European club after the World Cup?

No, I didn't have much hope for Cueva actually. He's a talented player but as El Profesor said, his work ethic is poor. Not quite as bad as Carrillo but still, it could be better. Krasnodar is actually a move that I don't mind.

Nice, another big move for a Peruvian player after Carillo’s move to a Saudi Arabian club. 

Really pleasing they are moving to such big clubs after their fantastic World Cup. 

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

São Paulo finally found a sucker. xD Don´t get me wrong, Cueva is a very good player, but his work ethic and overall attitude are really poor. He only puts effort when he´s at Peru NT.

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. Sao Paulo didn't seem willing to accept that we didn't have a good world cup and Cueva isn't going to a big club, so they are playing hard to get now. Independiente also wanted him but it didn't work out, as did Orlando but they already have their DP's I think?

All things considered, I think this is a good move. Not the best but given the offers, he's making the best decision. He could have been remembered at Independiente but he's going to push Krasnodar to the peak and play in the Europa league too. I think its a good transition. 

34 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Are Krasnodar a bigger club than Rio Ave though? 

So essentially proving my whole "discrimination" point. Good going.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’ve no idea what point you’re attempting to make or that you truly understand the term discrimination. 

I do understand it, but why do you always assume our players will be going to clubs such as Rio Ave or Krasnodar?

I think I know the answer.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I do understand it, but why do you always assume our players will be going to clubs such as Rio Ave or Krasnodar?

I think I know the answer.

Ah, ffs. You’ve spoilt the joke now. I was referencing that time you said some Peruvian joined a big club in Rio Ave and this was meant to be a joke centred around that.

If you’ve got to explain them, they’re shit jokes. 

Seriously though, I couldn’t give a flying fuck who Peruvians play for. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Ah, ffs. You’ve spoilt the joke now. I was referencing that time you said some Peruvian joined a big club in Rio Ave and this was meant to be a joke centred around that.

If you’ve got to explain them, they’re shit jokes. 

Seriously though, I couldn’t give a flying fuck who Peruvians play for. 

I don't remember when I called Rio Ave a big club, so the joke didn't work to begin with xD

I do remember talking about them but I never said they were a big club.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Deny it all you want soft lad. 

Read things out of context all you want pessimistic lad

He has joined Krasnodar. The club announced it. However on the plane he received insults for missing his penalty against Denmark. People here are so ignorant, it gets on my fucking tits. He made a mistake, it happens. Our own fault we didn't capitalize afterwards. Fuck me.

Official. Best of luck to him, glad he's moved to a league of similar quality such as Brazil, unlike Carrillo (who has joined Al Hilal contrary to what I thought)

1 minute ago, Stan said:

is the Russian league of a similar stand to Brazil?

I would say so. But its still a jump ahead in my opinion because you have European competitions to play, meaning you can impress against top sides should you draw them.

Krasnodar isn't the team I wanted him to go to but its better than nothing really. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived