talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

N'Golo Kante - Barcelona-Bound?

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've just rejected a 50 million offer from Barca for Willian. A player who provides no where near the same influence as Kante. It'll take something asinine for us to even consider the idea of selling him. 

Simply. Not a chance 

I mean, if Rakitić were to leave, of which right now there aren't any signs, then nothing like this would be contemplated in my view.  He's not even like for like in that respect in all fairness.  Who will be replaced at Barcelona is André Gomes who looks to be leaving and again they're not similar.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Courtois, Willian, Hazard, and now Kante? A third of our starters apparently wanting to leave. xD

Kinell, going to be getting almost 1 billion this summer 

How much more you gonna get for the first 3 then?

• Administrator

I suspect Kante and Jorginho will not only play alongside each other, but both will be expected to perform box to box ‘hard running’ roles. It’s not Kante that is at risk in a midfield trio here, it’s Fabregas. Great passer as he is, he lacks the legs to play in a high intensity pressing game. 

@Cicero @Bluewolf thoughts on who could play the 3rd energetic midfield role? Dare we mention Ruben Loftus-Cheek?

16 minutes ago, Batard said:

I suspect Kante and Jorginho will not only play alongside each other, but both will be expected to perform box to box ‘hard running’ roles. It’s not Kante that is at risk in a midfield trio here, it’s Fabregas. Great passer as he is, he lacks the legs to play in a high intensity pressing game. 

@Cicero @Bluewolf thoughts on who could play the 3rd energetic midfield role? Dare we mention Ruben Loftus-Cheek?

Golovin if bought, if not then LC.

28 minutes ago, Batard said:

Reuben Loftus-Cheek I reckon will be used as a attacking winger option if he stays 

On 7/14/2018 at 19:31, Batard said:

It would be good to have Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the mix but rumour has it a deal has already been struck for Golovin. How much truth is in that I don't know and that could once again push him out on loan.. There are only so many times you can overlook our potential before they get fed up and move on in a permanent deal elsewhere but I hope that won't be the case.. Don't know enough about Sarri to comment on what he is like with Youth product/ Younger players breaking through and it would be nice to think he can go against the grain and get some of our younger players out there on a regular basis but we will have to wait and see.. I don't see Fabregas having the legs for another full season and could be used sparingly if at all, He can be creative but lacks that energy for a full 90 minutes.. 

Still a lot in the air regarding Kante but my hope is he will not be tempted for a move even for a huge fee as he will be a big loss in that midfield... With other potential moves on the cards as well we could probably make a bit of a killing with some of the fees being bandied about, I mean 50Mill+ for Willian being quoted is a lot of money for a player of his age... and that's the low end of what fees are being talked about and in a lot of ways it might be worth us being realistic about letting some players go... Willian has been a bit vocal about Conte but now Sarri is in charge he might not be so pushy for a move so that may come to nothing but still hearing both Hazard and Court are angling for an out despite the new Manager coming in... 

Still a way to go yet so have to see how things unfold.. Not much time left I will admit but could be that with Sarri in charge now it might induce players to join that might have otherwise been sitting on the fence waiting for who was going to be in that role this season.

As always with Chelsea with have both excitement and uncertainty going into a new season... 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived