talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Yeah im still doing most of my old cardio alongside the strength. I just hit a point where I realised my arms looked weirdly thin and I knew it would just get worse the more weight I lost if I didn't do a little work on them. 

My body type seems to be quite lanky by nature. Weight gathers mostly in the middle and the limbs stay relatively skinny. My aim is pretty much to keep my weight at a point where any excess around the midriff is minor, and my arms and shoulders look a bit more proportionate. Maybe a wee bit more thighs and arse too. 

Thicc is in these days, lean into it. 

I ate a whole pizza, garlic bread and dessert last night. I am leaning brother. 

You sound like a classic ectomorph 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Squatting is the king of leg lifts and with good form it doesn't load up the knee.

I'm currently studying fitness at uni, and training at uni 3 days a week. I'm also at my local gym 3 days a week for between an hour and 2 hours a session. 

I love squats, great for legs and butt, have been doing them for years. Basic squats, sumo squats, deep squats, pistol squats, squat pulses etc., you name it. However I've had two different injuries in the past that screwed my right ankle and my right knee pretty bad; I managed to keep it under control and continued working out (including squatting) without much issue for years but recently I've overexerted it with carrying heavy things etc. and probably something went wrong there I guess as I've been having aches without putting any load on the knee and sharp pain when I put a bit of load on it (walking down the stairs, etc.) ever since. Will have to see the doc but no squats for me for a while :( 

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Looking to get back into going to the gym again before it gets to the new year and I look like one of those 'resolution' gym members. Put on a bit more timber recently after getting into a new relationship and my all inclusive holiday binge.

I had a nice 5k this weekend with the kid that was an absolute pleasure. 

I have a marathon this weekend, and a 10 miler race next weekend, so I'll be busy for the next few weeks. 

I need to do more squats and calf exercises, as right now I'm running about 75 miles (120km) a week, and only doing some basic upper body and core workouts. 

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Back at the gym from tonight. Not putting too much pressure on it but aiming for 4 times a month on average. Hoping to go a fair bit more than that though but it's a base point. Need to build myself up slowly.

Probably joining a gym in the next day or two. Not for any New Year's Resolution that I have, but that as I have been increasing my running, I have wanted to add a HIIT (High Intensivity Interval Training), and there is a gym near me that has classes like this and it's only $29.99/mo for my wife and I. 

Usually gyms like this are about $100/mo around here, and I just wasn't about to splash that kind of cash.  

20 hours ago, Eco said:

Probably joining a gym in the next day or two. Not for any New Year's Resolution that I have, but that as I have been increasing my running, I have wanted to add a HIIT (High Intensivity Interval Training), and there is a gym near me that has classes like this and it's only $29.99/mo for my wife and I. 

Usually gyms like this are about $100/mo around here, and I just wasn't about to splash that kind of cash.  

Eco you know Insanity? The Max 30 one is online and will be just as good but harder. I can send you the link and calendar if you like? You can just do it in your house but is tough though.

Just now, MUFC said:

Eco you know Insanity? The Max 30 one is online and will be just as good but harder. I can send you the link and calendar if you like? You can just do it in your house but is tough though.

Yeah - I have heard about it, but have never done it. 

I did do P90x a few years ago, which was nice and extreme (especially the Abs workout). 

HIIT is nice, in that they have different classes depending on what you are looking for. For me, since I run Marathons and longer, I'm going to be doing the Accelerate HIIT which is meant to increase speed and other cardiovascular boosting activities. 

Just now, Eco said:

Yeah - I have heard about it, but have never done it. 

I did do P90x a few years ago, which was nice and extreme (especially the Abs workout). 

HIIT is nice, in that they have different classes depending on what you are looking for. For me, since I run Marathons and longer, I'm going to be doing the Accelerate HIIT which is meant to increase speed and other cardiovascular boosting activities. 

Fair enough but here it is the link. 5 days per week and 30 minutes per workout. Rest of videos are below the link or you can search for them. Is 4 weeks with a one week break then the final 4 weeks.

fc8c6850e0c2c4987c2ccb7939ad10ed.jpg

WWW.MARISSAFMYERS.COM-2.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Knocked off one of the things that was on my 'bucket' list last weekend. 

Since I moved into my house, I have wanted to run from my house, to my Mother's House, and finish at my Father's house, so I decided to do it this year the weekend before my birthday. 

I started at 5:30 in the morning, with just a bag, and a lot of water, and ran around Atlanta to complete the journey. I felt great until I got to my Mom's house, where I ended up staying for about 15-20 chatting and eating a PB&J. The Trek from My Mom's to my Dad's was a rough affair. I have ran much further, but this route didn't have sidewalks so I was constantly on uneven soft ground which sooner or later begin to wreck your ankles and knees. 

Here is my Garmin Tracker form the run. 

Screenshot_20200202-112104_Connect.thumb.jpg.16f52cefc36a7a2aa025b26cd82a6a5a.jpg

In early March I will be volunteering at the Olympic Trails for the Marathon that is here in Atlanta, and the day after I'll be running the Georgia Publix Marathon on the same course. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I wish running wasn't so freakin' boring. And less exhausting. 

My Dad made a joke that I must be wired differently. Yet I have a lot of friends who have the same passion as I, and we all joke about this hobby of ours. 

This year alone, I have 2 marathons, a 50m (80.5km) race, and then a race that is approximately 120m (193km)

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

My Dad made a joke that I must be wired differently. Yet I have a lot of friends who have the same passion as I, and we all joke about this hobby of ours. 

This year alone, I have 2 marathons, a 50m (80.5km) race, and then a race that is approximately 120m (193km)

You're not normal :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...