talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The spike in insulin (which only occurs in high GI carbs anyway) and the thermic effect are vastly overrated in my professional opinion. "Oooh I burned an extra 4 calories because I ate chicken breast instead of a bun"

Cals in cals out is all you need. You're not wrong that high GI carbs spikes your insulin, but thats only a bad thing if you're not eating a meal anyway (like eating a choccie bar as a snack or something) 

I know you are trolling but for people reading who might not :4_joy:  ...you are missing the point, when you eat a bun or other things with bad carbs in  you spike your insulin which put's you in fat storage mode ..the best way to lose fat is have your body run off the fat as the fuel supply like god intended   ...you don't eat carbs and your body will make it's own, you don't eat fat or protein and you will die!  ..you don't need carbs   ..can you lose weight other ways, sure cal's in vs cals out will work short term, you will plateau fast as your body adjusts and eating sugar is not good for you is it?  

For anyone else reading, a healthy diet is the best way for your health and end results will be far greater than someone on a junk food diet

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I know you are trolling but for people reading who might not :4_joy:  ...you are missing the point, when you eat a bun or other things with bad carbs in  you spike your insulin which put's you in fat storage mode ..the best way to lose fat is have your body run off the fat as the fuel supply like god intended   ...you don't eat carbs and your body will make it's own, you don't eat fat or protein and you will die!  ..you don't need carbs   ..can you lose weight other ways, sure cal's in vs cals out will work short term, you will plateau fast as your body adjusts and eating sugar is not good for you is it?  

For anyone else reading, a healthy diet is the best way for your health and end results will be far greater than someone on a junk food diet

I'm not trolling. 

A slice of whole wheat breed isn't junk food. Weet Bix aren't junk food. Quinoa isn't junk food. 

Plenty of people eat ultra low fat diets, and no it's not great for you, but neither is Keto. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah fuck my degree. And all scientific literature, and government incentivized information that says to eat from a variety of food groups, and that carbs are efficient energy. 

I would have to check your degree to see if it's any good or bro science, too much shit being taught these days  ...but i  don't disagree, a healthy low carb diet is the best maintenance diet , i eat about 150 to 200grams of healthy carbs a day (19st5lb 11% bf) if i wanted to get ripped id drop that to about 50grams and exercise straight out of bed on nothing but a black coffee and water

56 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I would have to check your degree to see if it's any good or bro science, too much shit being taught these days  ...but i  don't disagree, a healthy low carb diet is the best maintenance diet , i eat about 150 to 200grams of healthy carbs a day (19st5lb 11% bf) if i wanted to get ripped id drop that to about 50grams and exercise straight out of bed on nothing but a black coffee and water

Jesus. How tall are you? Sounds like you’re already ripped 

4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Jesus. How tall are you? Sounds like you’re already ripped 

185.4cm yeah, i've mainly been doing exercise bike and treadmill in my garage with the gyms being shut with some light weights and resistance bands, body weight exercises etc as that's all i have at home, need to buy some more dumbbells if we are going to keep getting locked down

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Inefficient for strength and muscle building, but fasted cardio does have slight benefits over regular cardio. 

I'm a 171cm manlet with 15% maintenance bodyfat ( it's late summer so I'm around 13-14% rn) though I suspect I'm much younger than you. 
When I want to lose extra weight I dinner diet ( basically eat light, high protein dinners to create a small deficit) and do steady state cardio twice a week instead of once. Which is usually a 5km run) 

My cardio isn't fasted however, its generally just before dinner. 

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

185.4cm yeah, i've mainly been doing exercise bike and treadmill in my garage with the gyms being shut with some light weights and resistance bands, body weight exercises etc as that's all i have at home, need to buy some more dumbbells if we are going to keep getting locked down

Uses centimetres for height yet uses large rocks from the Stone Age for weight. Love you lot in the UK x 

Edited by Toinho
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Inefficient for strength and muscle building, but fasted cardio does have slight benefits over regular cardio. 

I'm a 171cm manlet with 15% maintenance bodyfat ( it's late summer so I'm around 13-14% rn) though I suspect I'm much younger than you. 
When I want to lose extra weight I dinner diet ( basically eat light, high protein dinners to create a small deficit) and do steady state cardio twice a week instead of once. Which is usually a 5km run) 

My cardio isn't fasted however, its generally just before dinner. 

Yeah, id only do fasted cardio when cutting, straight in the fat stores ..sounds like you in decent shape, what weight are you? ..most people on here are much younger than me :4_joy: ..i only do cardio to keep the fat levels down mainly, HIIT works best for me or if im not in the mood fast walking on the treadmill, full incline keeping my heart rate in that fat burning zone

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah, id only do fasted cardio when cutting, straight in the fat stores ..sounds like you in decent shape, what weight are you? ..most people on here are much younger than me :4_joy: ..i only do cardio to keep the fat levels down mainly, HIIT works best for me or if im not in the mood fast walking on the treadmill, full incline keeping my heart rate in that fat burning zone

171, 70kgs. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Toinho said:

Uses centimetres for height yet uses large rocks from the Stone Age for weight. Love you lot in the UK x 

Stones doesn't even make a tiny bit of sense. Like there's a universal weight for stones? Every stone weighs differently. Brits, man. Good riddance. 

• 2 weeks later...