talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

Just done a quick 6k with my mate who's in training for a half marathon, let's just say he's quick and I've just allowed him to drag me along. 

Gonna do a few runs over the weekend and then were gonna step it up and do a 10k down the canal from Altrincham to Manchester and back. 

Might even be more than 10k.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Stan said:

I prefer the fast-food thread.

You gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em though.

Yesterday after the gym I was picking up some wholemeal rolls, and asked for a choc hotcross bun. 
"Sorry we only do 6 packs"
That's cool, don't worry about it then
"Why not just grab 6?"
Because then I'll have to eat 6
"Thats the idea"

She was a dumpy lady too. People just have such little restraint these days. 

5k run yesterday morning with and improvement on my pace of 10 seconds per kilometer and I'm off out hiking this morning. 

Not the longest walk but it involves a pretty steep climb at its peak. 

Back in time for the Manchester Derby. 

Edited by Devil

2 hours ago, Devil said:

5k run yesterday morning with and improvement on my pace of 10 seconds per kilometer and I'm off out hiking this morning. 

Not the longest walk but it involves a pretty steep climb at its peak. 

Back in time for the Manchester Derby. 

What time you running 5k in?

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Not very good to be fair pal, just over 25 minutes. 

Just back from my hike with my cousin, not the longest but it has an great view. 

That’s decent mate. I was doing just over 25 minutes last year during our COVID restricted times while football was off. Wanted to crack under 25 but I was drinking a fair bit then and got lazy :( 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Toinho said:

That’s decent mate. I was doing just over 25 minutes last year during our COVID restricted times while football was off. Wanted to crack under 25 but I was drinking a fair bit then and got lazy :( 

Two years ago I was smashing 10k runs in 46 minutes, like you though lockdown didn't do me no favours. 

44 minutes ago, Devil said:

Two years ago I was smashing 10k runs in 46 minutes, like you though lockdown didn't do me no favours. 

That’s a great time. I’ve done 10kms in 50/51 minutes. I have no problem doing the distance - I just struggle to motivate myself. So, need music pumping etc haha 

I really need to get back into running, used to do a lot of 5/10K's but with lockdown completely stopped, I would probably struggle to do a mile now which is tragic.

PB for 10K was 62mins, 5K was 24mins. It sounds really stupid but I tend to hit the wall at the start of my races (i.e - 0.5miles) then do the race fine, as opposed to the other way round.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I really need to get back into running, used to do a lot of 5/10K's but with lockdown completely stopped, I would probably struggle to do a mile now which is tragic.

PB for 10K was 62mins, 5K was 24mins. It sounds really stupid but I tend to hit the wall at the start of my races (i.e - 0.5miles) then do the race fine, as opposed to the other way round.

I'm the same. Was in the track & field team at high school so did a lot of running, my first few kms were always a bit sub-par, but after that I would get a "second wind", improve my times significantly and have plenty of energy for the rest of the race. One of the reasons why I always prefered long distances instead of short sprints.

I don't run anymore, but it still happens whenever I do cardio; I usually struggle a bit for the first few minutes/kms and then it gets easier and I feel a sudden surge of energy. 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

That’s a great time. I’ve done 10kms in 50/51 minutes. I have no problem doing the distance - I just struggle to motivate myself. So, need music pumping etc haha 

It's good mate but at that point I was out every day running, I'd shed a stone and was dedicated because I wanted to look the business on my wedding photos. 

The real turning point was when I was getting measured up by a tailor and I told him I was a 32 waisted pants and his face said it all, he gave me a pair of 32 pants to try and I got them on but they were tight, I couldn't face him without getting them on and when I came out he just smiled so I said by the time I get married there will be room in them pants. 

To be fair a month before I went back in and he shook my hand and said fair play to you. 

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

You need more carbs. 

• 2 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That plane crash site is rather interesting. :o 

Yeah it was a difficult find to be fair but like you say really interesting. 

Came down in 1948.

IMG_20210320_094549.jpg

Edited by Devil

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Yeah it was a difficult find to be fair but like you say really interesting. 

Came down in 1948.

Yea, I zoomed in on that sign. xD Really fascinating that there are still remains. 

• Upvote 1

I would just like to point out as is my scientific responsibility that this guys nutritional advice is not in line with the general scientific community, and not what is being taught at tertiary levels in universities. 

Cereals and breads are beneficial, and recommended to make up a large portion of your diet. 
Most of the other things he touches on are discretionary, things you should eat in small doses or only occasionally. Eating the odd donut won't harm you. 
As for artificial sweeteners, the cunt is outright irresponsible, claiming they're neurotoxic xD and no they don't increase risk of cancer in the quantities humans consume them in. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I would just like to point out as is my scientific responsibility that this guys nutritional advice is not in line with the general scientific community, and not what is being taught at tertiary levels in universities. 

Cereals and breads are beneficial, and recommended to make up a large portion of your diet. 
Most of the other things he touches on are discretionary, things you should eat in small doses or only occasionally. Eating the odd donut won't harm you. 
As for artificial sweeteners, the cunt is outright irresponsible, claiming they're neurotoxic xD and no they don't increase risk of cancer in the quantities humans consume them in. 

Everything you have been taught is backwards buddy, they don't want you to teach people the right way to health, it doesn't sell medicines   ...you need to keep your insulin low, your body is meant to run off fat as it's main fuel supply, when your insulin is spiked all day by eating heavy carb meals  you are in fat storage mode which leads to diabetes and hundreds of other health problems, you really need to start watching Dr KenDBerryMD Dr Paul Saladino Thomas DeLauer Dr Ekberg to name just a few, these are real doctors who have realized what they was taught at nutrition school was a load of shit, they have cured lots of people by fixing there diets and reversed illnesses  ...high amounts of carbs are indeed the root of all evil, all these guys are in great shape btw too 

Edited by Happy Blue

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cured people? 

Reserved diabetes, fatty livers, obesity, Metabolic syndrome , skin problems, Epilepsy in Children(helped not cured) Gout, cancer prevention, blood pressure  ...it's a very long list, watch them doctors and fitness expert Thomas DeLauer, learn & live alot longer than you would on a high carb diet

47 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Everything you have been taught is backwards buddy, they don't want you to teach people the right way to health, it doesn't sell medicines   ...you need to keep your insulin low, your body is meant to run off fat as it's main fuel supply, when your insulin is spiked all day by eating heavy carb meals  you are in fat storage mode which leads to diabetes and hundreds of other health problems, you really need to start watching Dr KenDBerryMD Dr Paul Saladino Thomas DeLauer Dr Ekberg to name just a few, these are real doctors who have realized what they was taught at nutrition school was a load of shit, they have cured lots of people by fixing there diets and reversed illnesses  ...high amounts of carbs are indeed the root of all evil, all these guys are in great shape btw too 

Okay. Why are high performance athletes, the fittest people on earth, all on high carb diets? Or even carb loading? 
We're taught that food and exercise is your first medicine, and that medication should be avoided. 

You're a Karen.