talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Okay. Why are high performance athletes, the fittest people on earth, all on high carb diets? Or even carb loading? 
We're taught that food and exercise is your first medicine, and that medication should be avoided. 

You're a Karen. 

Can you prove that?  ..how come i can out lift most of them on a low carb diet?? :4_joy:  ..how come you can survive just fine with zero carbs but you would die if you didn't eat fat??  your body makes its own carbs, think back thousands of years ago man lived mainly on fatty meat and didn't even eat everyday, fasting has some great benefits and along with a low carb diet you will be in the best shape of your life, carbs, grains cause inflammation, they are the devil 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Can you prove that?  ..how come i can out lift most of them on a low carb diet?? :4_joy:  ..how come you can survive just fine with zero carbs but you would die if you didn't eat fat??  your body makes its own carbs, think back thousands of years ago man lived mainly on fatty meat and didn't even eat everyday, fasting has some great benefits and along with a low carb diet you will be in the best shape of your life, carbs, grains cause inflammation, they are the devil 

Dairy causes inflammation. Exercise causes inflammation. 

I don't care what your fat ass can lift. Your ability to lift heavy weight is defined by genetic potential, training specificity and training age. You have lifted heavy for many years and are a big guy. Yes, you can lift lots. Wowzer. 

Oh look, Carbs make up the majority of Brian Shaws diet

Oh shit, same for eddie hall

Lets change training specificity shall we?

Starch, rice, dumplings from Bolt

Breads everywhere in a marathon runners diet

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Dairy causes inflammation. Exercise causes inflammation. 

I don't care what your fat ass can lift. Your ability to lift heavy weight is defined by genetic potential, training specificity and training age. You have lifted heavy for many years and are a big guy. Yes, you can lift lots. Wowzer. 

Oh look, Carbs make up the majority of Brian Shaws diet

Oh shit, same for eddie hall

Lets change training specificity shall we?

Starch, rice, dumplings from Bolt

And these guys are sadly probably going to die young, having your insulin levels spiked all day is not healthy   ...we just going to go around in circles, i like you so we will just agree to disagree :4_joy:  

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

And these guys are sadly probably going to die young, having your insulin levels spiked all day is not healthy   ...we just going to go around in circles, i like you so we will just agree to disagree :4_joy:  

Yes, Shaw and Eddie will die young. Putting your body under immense physical stress constantly is not good for you, nor are the steroids they've cycled for years and years. Nor is carrying that much weight on your frame. Your heart can't tell the difference between fat and muscle. All it knows is that 150kgs is hard fucking work. However, it will have nothing to do with their carbs. 

Highest life expectancy by country, the top 10 are...
A bunch of Asian nations, who base their diets around white meats and rice/noodles, Italy, who base it around bread based dishes,  and the Swiss, who fucking love bread. 

You can believe what you want, and you can certainly maintain a healthy diet with low carbohydrates if you wish, but don't peddle your misinformation here please. 

Yes, Shaw and Eddie will die young. Putting your body under immense physical stress constantly is not good for you, nor are the steroids they've cycled for years and years. Nor is carrying that much weight on your frame. Your heart can't tell the difference between fat and muscle. All it knows is that 150kgs is hard fucking work. However, it will have nothing to do with their carbs. 

Highest life expectancy by country, the top 10 are...
A bunch of Asian nations, who base their diets around white meats and rice/noodles, Italy, who base it around bread based dishes,  and the Swiss, who fucking love bread. 

You can believe what you want, and you can certainly maintain a healthy diet with low carbohydrates if you wish, but don't peddle your misinformation here please. 

Don't agree, hundreds of real high ranking doctors say different

Asians in general are much smaller people and like you pointed out carrying huge weight around is a strain on the heart    ...i'm preaching the truth, it's not misinformation, low carb is the healthiest diet on the planet backed by real study's and some of the top Dr's  

P.s will have some updated pictures soon, getting ripped to shit on keto :) 

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Don't agree, hundreds of real high ranking doctors say different

Asians in general are much smaller people and like you pointed out carrying huge weight around is a strain on the heart    ...i'm preaching the truth, it's not misinformation, low carb is the healthiest diet on the planet backed by real study's and some of the top Dr's  

P.s will have some updated pictures soon, getting ripped to shit on keto :) 

I'm glad. 

And you're right, there are a zillion other reasons that contribute to life expectancy. The availability of healthcare, the absence of chronic disease ect. But funny that they all have diets based around grains. 

I have full access to Scopus and PubMed as an academic. I'd love to see these real studies mate. If a low carb diet was best, it'd be in the interest of the scientific community to have this information as part of public nutrition campaigns.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm glad. 

And you're right, there are a zillion other reasons that contribute to life expectancy. The availability of healthcare, the absence of chronic disease ect. But funny that they all have diets based around grains. 

I have full access to Scopus and PubMed as an academic. I'd love to see these real studies mate. If a low carb diet was best, it'd be in the interest of the scientific community to have this information as part of public nutrition campaigns.  

If everyone got fit and healthy how many billions would big pharma lose? not everything is black and white  ..i will dig out the study's and relevant videos  ..start by watching the last video above, two doctors  talking about insulin, starts properly about 7mins in

Edited by Happy Blue

Nutrition studies, You cant live on bread & grains alone, but you can live on meat alone!, your body makes it's own carbs ..proves high endurance athletes perform well in ketosis

Studies

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26892521/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6213862/

https://www.jbc.org/article/S0021-9258(18)76842-7/pdf

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30289048/

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13300-018-0373-9

What makes me really upset is that these studies were done way back in the day, but doctors were prescribing diabetes patients all this medication, when all they had to do was change their diet.

Edited by Happy Blue

None of this is impressive. You have 2 studies that say keto diet could be beneficial to people with type 2 diabetes. Very cool. I'm genuinely glad that I have that information now. 
You have a study that credits the fat loss of a keto diet to the food control that it entails, rather than the diet being the mechanism. An anecdotal "study "from 1930, which is an absolute joke, so I didn't read it,  and a study that says keto marathon runners have higher fat oxidization, but no benefits for glycogen storage or depletion. 

I still have no reason to believe my morning cereal is killing me. 

52 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I still have no reason to believe my morning cereal is killing me. 

I hope so too. We don't want to have a cereal killer on our hands. Hey hey :104_point_left::27_sunglasses::104_point_left:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Although I agree with your argument, this bloke is 100% on something. I've never seen a marathon competitor like Nick Bare. Bloke runs a 4 minute mile, bikes regularly, yet is still incredibly swole. 

@Devil-Dick Willie you might find this interesting buddy, he doesn't bag on carbs and states they have there place in sports etc which i fully agree with, i've been high carb for most my life but low carbs are defiantly better for your overall health which i have to think about now i'm older and a dad to 4 kids but it's a nice balanced piece, i find this guys videos are really interesting

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

@Devil-Dick Willie you might find this interesting buddy, he doesn't bag on carbs and states they have there place in sports etc which i fully agree with, i've been high carb for most my life but low carbs are defiantly better for your overall health which i have to think about now i'm older and a dad to 4 kids but it's a nice balanced piece, i find this guys videos are really interesting

He's a well reputed bullshit merchant. Not watching that. 

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Although I agree with your argument, this bloke is 100% on something. I've never seen a marathon competitor like Nick Bare. Bloke runs a 4 minute mile, bikes regularly, yet is still incredibly swole. 

That has nothing to do with my argument though. And I know a few crossfit athletes, local dudes who are natty who are similar size to this bloke. Not forming an opinion for or against though as I have no clue about his details or what he looks like under great lighting 

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

He say's good things about carbs ffs! :4_joy:  ..it's bullshit because you don't agree with him?? :35_thinking:  

I haven't seen the video, so I can't say I agree or disagree, and just because someone might have a dozen bullshit videos doesn't mean they're all bad. But, the guys famous for bullshitting about fat loss. 

I haven't seen the video, so I can't say I agree or disagree, and just because someone might have a dozen bullshit videos doesn't mean they're all bad. But, the guys famous for bullshitting about fat loss. 

Can you give me an example please where he has lied because i follow this guy to the letter, not arguing with you, just i've never seen anything he's lied about so far  ..i do think he might be juicing a little even if it's only winstrol :35_thinking:

14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Can you give me an example please where he has lied because i follow this guy to the letter, not arguing with you, just i've never seen anything he's lied about so far  ..i do think he might be juicing a little even if it's only winstrol :35_thinking:

Why would someone run Winstrol only? xD

"A calorie is not a calorie" video is bs

"5 causes of belly fat for men" ect ect. 

27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Why would someone run Winstrol only? xD

"A calorie is not a calorie" video is bs

"5 causes of belly fat for men" ect ect. 

Not sure if i've watched them yet, will get back to you  ..as for winstrol it cuts you up, if i was ever to do roid's again id just use that on its own and maybe a real ECA stack like the old T5's