talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I weighed about there before I moved to the USA. xD I'd love to ride my bike more but there roads here aren't kind to cyclists, it's almost taboo

A lot of old railway lines in the US have been converted into really nice cycle paths.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Devil said:

I've had issues with my right side of my groin since my football days, the only thing I can suggest is rest. You try and exercise before it's ready and it will just go again.

First time my groin went I was sprinting but after that it went literally from me turning round sharply on the field, it was like someone stabbed a knife in my groin it was that bad.

Yeah that's exactly how I felt today. Funnily enough I did it on my stag a few weeks ago, felt it stretch too much and then was in a lot of pain til I got home. So have rested since then.

Went for a big swing of a shot today and felt it almost pop. Almost like the feeling of an elastic band being stretched to its limit.

30 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Stan rest it, I wouldn't ice it post injury, but a heat pack during times of rest is a good idea. If it's still causing major discomfort 3 days post, go to a physio. 

Thanks. Rest is on the cards for sure. 

I need to invest in a heatpack by the sounds of it. Maybe a hot water bottle will suffice in the meantime!

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

The US is a large nation, where I am I can feel driver agitation and fear of getting hit.

Shouldn't have left Atlanta. It's like cycling nation where I live, and we have cycling lanes for the massive pelotons that ride through the city. 

• Subscriber

Had my check up with the doc, everything fine blood presure, breating etc, my weight ......:eek:

"You are overweight John, 98 kg (15 1l2 stone) I think it's time to lose some weight, you should weigh around 73 kg..." 🥸

"ok doc...cough, cough..."   :whistling:

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Had my check up with the doc, everything fine blood presure, breating etc, my weight ......:eek:

"You are overweight John, 98 kg (15 1l2 stone) I think it's time to lose some weight, you should weigh around 73 kg..." 🥸

"ok doc...cough, cough..."   :whistling:

Having seen what you eat for lunch and dinner, I really cannot think why they've come to that conclusion :o 

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Having seen what you eat for lunch and dinner, I really cannot think why they've come to that conclusion :o 

The wife gave me the evil eye when I told her, looks like porridge for breakfast and 1 bolled egg for tea until I lose some weight, sad days ahead, just ordered my beef curry & egg fried rice as my last supper, sad days ahead, again. O.o

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The wife gave me the evil eye when I told her, looks like porridge for breakfast and 1 bolled egg for tea until I lose some weight, sad days ahead, just ordered my beef curry & egg fried rice as my last supper, sad days ahead. O.o

As many others might suggest, it's not all about drastically cutting out food. It could be getting up and about more and doing more exercise...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

As many others might suggest, it's not all about drastically cutting out food. It could be getting up and about more and doing more exercise...

That's one thing I do though, I have not got a car and have never had one but I do like a walk daily if I can, it always seem's summer time I put on the weight and not in winter, I know I can lose the weight if I want to and the docs visit was just a wake up call which I was expecting anyway what she said.

I will lose it (weight) no bother but at my age it wont be by running a one minute mile or doing 20 push up's in 30 seconds or going 10 rounds of boxing with Mike Tyson. 😂 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Been setting PB after PB recently on my running spot near me. Nothing massive just small gains. Stamina’s improving and the fitness is coming back. Nowhere near what it used to be when I was younger, but I’ll get there eventually..and better.

Feels good.

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 2

I've been terrible the last four months, totally let myself go and basically lost all interest in exercise.

Been out today and bought myself a new pair of running trainers and I'm going to start building up my distances from tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil said:

I've been terrible the last four months, totally let myself go and basically lost all interest in exercise.

Been out today and bought myself a new pair of running trainers and I'm going to start building up my distances from tomorrow.

Any small help mentally is a start mate. It’s not about equipment or aids for me personally but if it helps you do it.

I used hate those cunts who would preach #feelinggood and post every exercise they do and gym selfies on Facebook. However since attempting to regain my fitness and feeling the buzz of improving every time I run… I get it. Still won’t see me posting it on Facebook every day but when you’ve felt terrible for months as we have.. small steps feel good. Stick at it!

I’ve been doing average 4 miles 3 times a week rest day in between. Every time improve by a few seconds. :) 

Most recent one the other day. Not Facebook worthy but it’s tf365 worthy 😇.

B8742637-7F8A-4B82-8FFF-7774CA257DD7.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 24/08/2021 at 16:35, CaaC (John) said:

The wife gave me the evil eye when I told her, looks like porridge for breakfast and 1 bolled egg for tea until I lose some weight, sad days ahead, just ordered my beef curry & egg fried rice as my last supper, sad days ahead, again. O.o

John, if you want to lose weight dont eat foods that Spike insulin really high, when insulin is spiked you are in fat storage mode making it harder to lose fat. watch that video I posted above. if you can eat your meals in a 4hr window too that has alot of health benefits fasting 20hrs a day which you need to think about at your age

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

John, if you want to lose weight don't eat foods that Spike insulin really high, when insulin is spiked you are in fat storage mode making it harder to lose fat. watch that video I posted above. if you can eat your meals in a 4hr window too that has a lot of health benefits fasting 20hrs a day which you need to think about at your age

Doing pretty well atm Happy, my weight has dropped down to 191.4 (13.6 stone), that's thanks to the wife & daughters evil eyes food wise, and that's down from near on 15 stone when I was at the docs but I didn't take that as the true weight as I had my clothes on etc so you have to give a bit for that factor.

Plus I make sure I am out and about for a walk daily, I had 2 slices of brown wholemeal bread for breakfast and my lunch will consist of the below which is seedless grapes and a peach yoghurt, it's a fucking pain today though as the wife has some spaghetti bolognese on the go for her, our son & grandson's dinner and the smell is driving me crazy as I normally have that with tagliatelle instead of spaghetti.

But she said she will save me some less the  other bits so that means I will only get a small portion instead of the full plate...sigh

Todays early lunch. O.o

download.png

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Any small help mentally is a start mate. It’s not about equipment or aids for me personally but if it helps you do it.

I used hate those cunts who would preach #feelinggood and post every exercise they do and gym selfies on Facebook. However since attempting to regain my fitness and feeling the buzz of improving every time I run… I get it. Still won’t see me posting it on Facebook every day but when you’ve felt terrible for months as we have.. small steps feel good. Stick at it!

I’ve been doing average 4 miles 3 times a week rest day in between. Every time improve by a few seconds. :) 

Most recent one the other day. Not Facebook worthy but it’s tf365 worthy 😇.

B8742637-7F8A-4B82-8FFF-7774CA257DD7.jpeg

Good for you, sounds like your in a good place mentally and physically at the moment.

My situation is basically unusual for me, I've always been into the gym and generally staying fit and healthy. I'd say this is the first period of my life where I've let myself go a bit and lost that hunger to get out and exercise.

If I'm totally honest it was my Mum of all people who opened my eyes to it the other day. She's always known I keep fit by either playing football or running etc.. she asked me if I was doing anything anymore which lead me to ask her why she would ask. Her reply wasnt nasty or cruel just she was concerned she'd noticed I'd gained a few pounds and it was unlike me.

So like yourself I'm gonna get back on it today, I'm not gonna go into it thinking I can do the same distances as I've done previously or the same times per mile. I'm just gonna build slowly and try and enjoy it more than anything.

First things first though, I need a new Spotify play list!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Doing pretty well atm Happy, my weight has dropped down to 191.4 (13.6 stone), that's thanks to the wife & daughters evil eyes food wise, and that's down from near on 15 stone when I was at the docs but I didn't take that as the true weight as I had my clothes on etc so you have to give a bit for that factor.

Plus I make sure I am out and about for a walk daily, I had 2 slices of brown wholemeal bread for breakfast and my lunch will consist of the below which is seedless grapes and a peach yoghurt, it's a fucking pain today though as the wife has some spaghetti bolognese on the go for her, our son & grandson's dinner and the smell is driving me crazy as I normally have that with tagliatelle instead of spaghetti.

But she said she will save me some less the  other bits so that means I will only get a small portion instead of the full plate...sigh

Todays early lunch. O.o

Keep it up 👍 but don't starve yourself, you will get initial results but your body will adapt and lower your set point to compensate, dieting doesn't have to be miserable   ..i would drop the toast for breakfast and eat eggs, the breakfast of champions omelet or boiled with some spinach & tomato's and for dinner eat something like steak & peppers, chicken or fish with veggies something like that, get your carbs mostly from vegetables if fat loss and health is your goal, keep your insulin low, add some fasting into your routine, i eat from 12pm to 4pm and that's it, you don't have to go that extreme, you could do 8am to 4pm to start. watch this video

This is what I had yesterday. replace your sugar for stevia and cook in olive oil

20210830_132857.jpg

20210831_030328.jpg

20210902_132757.jpg

Edited by Happy Blue

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Keep it up 👍 but don't starve yourself, you will get initial results but your body will adapt and lower your set point to compensate, dieting doesn't have to be miserable   

Aye, I love my veg anyway and I won't starve myself that's for sure, our daughter did a bit of nursing in her time and taking care of the elderly and children with handicaps so she is on the ball and watches me and the wife like an owl.

Visiting her yesterday and getting the grilling...no, not food...😂 and asking me how I was going diet wise etc, so we are in safe hands with her around.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, MUFC said:

How often do you lot have takeaways? I have one every 2 months.

You taking the piss because I am on a diet O.o 😂

I loved my takeaways when we had them like beef curry with egg fried rice, big mac and chips, half a chicken with chips, fish & chips...you are taking the piss, you have made me fucking hungry now 😡

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Once a week for me. 

One of my biggest issues is eating out, we eat out a lot and sometimes that's as bad as a takeaway anyway.

I've also started buying myself sandwiches from the local sandwich shop for lunch, I've never really ate baguettes and stuff like that before as I know how bad they can be for you. Problem is once you start getting into a cycle of a certain eating pattern it's hard to break out of because your so bloody hungry come lunch time.

Edited by Devil
  • Upvote 1

When I used to work at the bank. Between breakfast and dinner. I used to have a small container full of peas and broccoli. I also had a few mixed nuts with it washed down with a protein shake. It kept me full and satisfied till dinner.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I barely ever have takeaways. Maybe a pizza or a Chinese sometimes, once a month or two, but can just as easily go without it for half a year or so. 

I do eat in restaurants almost daily though, but mostly fresh fish/seafood or grilled lean meats, soup and fresh veg.

• Upvote 3