talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

When using the PC a lot started get pains in my fingers.

I am sensitive to wi-fi and Smart tech etc (childhood head injury) and eventually realised the laser in modern computer mice could give me pain in the fingers.

I taped a bit of aluminium foil over the top where the gap is and so far so good.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Waylander said:

When using the PC a lot started get pains in my fingers.

I am sensitive to wi-fi and Smart tech etc (childhood head injury) and eventually realised the laser in modern computer mice could give me pain in the fingers.

I taped a bit of aluminium foil over the top where the gap is and so far so good.

That's not a thing. 

Never heard, of him, I know three others that have it too.

I was talking with a tech chap several years ago and was saying his son kept getting headaches and he was at a loss with what to do.

I said I had problems with wifi and electric fields and asked about them at his home and then the penny dropped,

'Shit his bed is between my two routers'.

If you just want a big ass, doing hip thrusts are number 1. 
But I would always build any program around doing regular bench, squat, pull ups, ohp, rows and rdls. Add heavy deadlifts if you're looking to become strong. 

So for maximum ass get your wives doing 
Back squats (heavy) 
Rdls (heavy)
Hip thrusts (moderate, moderate reps)
Then pistol squats and calf raises. 

This will give them gun legs, hammys, and a phat ass. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But I would always build any program around doing regular bench, squat, pull ups, ohp, rows and rdls. Add heavy deadlifts if you're looking to become strong. 

Back squats (heavy) 
Rdls (heavy)

Compound exercises which they call the big 5. Deadlifts, squats, bench press, pull ups and military press. Being honest I've not done weights for 3 years.

For 2 and half years I've just been doing the original insanity and insanity max 30, switching between the 2. All bodyweight exercises and fucking brutal. Stick at it and your fitness will reach a great level.

Ever done the bent over row? Looks easy but is difficult when you up the weight.

Insanity has made my butt cheeks firm as anything and shaped very well.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Back squats (heavy) 
Rdls (heavy)

We need more of this.

3 hours ago, MUFC said:

Compound exercises which they call the big 5. Deadlifts, squats, bench press, pull ups and military press. Being honest I've not done weights for 3 years.

For 2 and half years I've just been doing the original insanity and insanity max 30, switching between the 2. All bodyweight exercises and fucking brutal. Stick at it and your fitness will reach a great level.

Ever done the bent over row? Looks easy but is difficult when you up the weight.

Insanity has made my butt cheeks firm as anything and shaped very well.

I used to bent over row sets of 70-80kg for 10 ( I weighed 70-75)

My ass is famous. Used to have a 180 deadlift at 66kgs. 

Open photo

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I used to bent over row sets of 70-80kg for 10 ( I weighed 70-75)

My ass is famous. Used to have a 180 deadlift at 66kgs. 

Open photo

Awesome hamstring and thighs.

Edited by MUFC
  • Like 1

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

That drinking soda with greasy fast food is so true for me. In 2018 the cough got so bad the doc said I had mild asthma bcz shrinking of airways, told me to stay off soda and fast food but alas I have sinned ! three times in a week or so. 

Kind of linked to this, I only learnt the other day that drinking beer and curry/spicy food is one of the worst things to do - drinking beer makes the food 'spicier' as it is an 'irritant' for your tastebuds. The spice chemical in the foods clings on to the receptors, and beer isn't effective in calming this feeling down. It might feel like temporary relief, but it's worse as the spice chemicals (capsaicin for chilis) remain on the tongue and heat up again. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

I'm 72kg, BMI around 21. As long as you're not lifting weights BMI is a good indicator of weight health no ?

Yeah if you're gen pop its fine. Body fat% is always better though, but harder to calculate.

I used to be a bit chubby while lifting (was going for max strength) so was 21% body fat (which is a bit sloppy but not rolls kinda fat) and because I also carry those extra kilos of muscle too BMI had me pushing the obese category xD

• Upvote 1

My new gym made me do some whole body machine thing that calculates a lot of stuff, body fat % came in at 16% which I am not happy with although it’s decent(?)…was sub 10 back in the day but at the same time my injury has kept me essentially without strenuous  exercise for a year now, and I like an alcoholic beverage and am partial to chips. Have been working hard at the gym last few weeks and feeling the differences already (maybe it’s just psychological but I’m gonna keep going!). 

Edited by Toinho

Been doing a lot of cardio recently, mainly spinning classes, I used think they were really girly but my new gym it's a right mix and I find 45 minutes fly by.

Also started playing squash with my mate a couple of times a week.

Really enjoying it to he fair, found running and the gym had got stale, I was bored to tears with it.

• 2 months later...

Brought these for when I start traing in Jan. Finish training a week tomorrow with a 2 week break. Current trainers I have are not good enough for the training I do. I never paid the full price I paid £91 as I'm a member of the Asics members club.

https://www.asics.com/gb/en-gb/gel-quantum-180-vii/p/1201A697-002.html?width=Standard

• 2 weeks later...