talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Wouldn't say I've been bed-bound but I've had a cold/flu* for about 3 weeks now. Just lingers around and can't shift it. 

*it's manflu but worse, potentially. 

• Wow 1

Gonna treat myself to some new running trainers and some new gym gear in the January sales. 

Been a fair few years but I'm going to venture into the weights section of the gym and get back into next year. Been a long time since I felt motivated to do anything other than cardio.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Devil said:

Gonna treat myself to some new running trainers and some new gym gear in the January sales. 

Been a fair few years but I'm going to venture into the weights section of the gym and get back into next year. Been a long time since I felt motivated to do anything other than cardio.

HappyBlue will see this as a challenge.

I do strength exercises with body weight, chairs and using a yoga mat.

Things like knuckle press ups, holding handstand against the wall and triceps extensions using a chair.

With the chair also use for upright row exercise for 50 reps.

For abs do V-Ups

For legs, chinese type squats, one legged balancing and push up into a bridge like position, about three sets of each with 26 reps.

I weigh about 15.5 stone.

On weekdays also run up six flights of stairs very morning.

Friends that used to know me in my 20s think I am pumping weights again.

Saves a bit of money and no waiting, can do this at my one pace.

Edited by Waylander
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Had a busy running schedule lined up this year, but said my 50k in early January ended with me suffering from 'runners knee', which just means I had to rest for a few weeks.

Problem is that I had to then skip a 11.5m race weeks after, and now tomorrow I have the Atlanta Publix Marathon, and I have been able to run roughly 10 miles since my 50km pain free...so this should be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Eco said:

Had a busy running schedule lined up this year, but said my 50k in early January ended with me suffering from 'runners knee', which just means I had to rest for a few weeks.

Problem is that I had to then skip a 11.5m race weeks after, and now tomorrow I have the Atlanta Publix Marathon, and I have been able to run roughly 10 miles since my 50km pain free...so this should be interesting.

You got this! 💪

• Like 1