talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

10 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Hit my 2 stone last weekend. Aiming for 3 now but it's my birthday at the weekend so me and the girlfriend have said a treat weekend is allowed as long as we get back on it from Monday.

The weight you do gain will be mostly water weight. Remain in a deficit your weight will be back to normal in 2-3 days. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Back when the initial lockdown came in place (when we were allowed that precious 1 hour exercise) and then throughout summer/whenever we weren't allowed to play football/team sports, I started walking a lot more to try and make up for exercise/keep active. It did get a bit boring as I live in a village so there were only so many walking routes before it got a bit boring. 

With it being New Year and to try and make up for all the excessive food/drink consumer over festive times, I've made a promise to myself to start walking more regularly and getting out and about, as we're still not allowed to play football. Just done an hour walk which is just under 2 miles and it's nice and fresh outside so you almost want to do it just to keep warm. 

Not sure about anyone else but I do find it quite refreshing and relaxing most of the time, especially when it's as quiet as it is these days. 

I'm hoping it'll also help for my plans to lose weight and maintain it in readiness to fit in to wedding suits this year. And hoping to keep it going even when sports are playable again as that was the main thing that kept me fit anyway.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Rab said:

I'm probably the only person who can buy a dog and manage to gain weight despite moving more.

Need to sort my life out this year.

Do you eat the dog's food too? 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bought fitness sets last week to train my upper body and my lower body. Today I've trained arms, shoulders, chest, back, legs, butt and stomach. And now I'm afraid I won't be able to climb out of bed tomorrow. But I love being as fit as never was before in my life. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve quit alcohol (for a couple of months - that’s the aim). I have wanted to for many reasons but I legit destroyed my body last weekend and thought I may as well start now. Which, in turn means I hope it’ll help with my running and general fitness for football etc. Anyway...wish I was a tank like Tommy. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Toinho said:

I’ve quit alcohol (for a couple of months - that’s the aim). I have wanted to for many reasons but I legit destroyed my body last weekend and thought I may as well start now. Which, in turn means I hope it’ll help with my running and general fitness for football etc. Anyway...wish I was a tank like Tommy. 

Haha you know what Tommy Tank is slang for right xD

• Haha 1

I don't need to lose weight(the opposite if anything), more just gain strength back as I feel quite fucked, although not as bad as recent weeks.

I do have 2 dumbells and a punch bag, but that's about all currently.

Saying that, you can only do alot with just 2 dumbells!

On another note:-

"What happens when a bodybuilder sees a security camera"

xD

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Working out six times a week now. 3 days Cardio. 3 days upper and lower body exercises. I feel my body changing daily, and it feels pretty nice. 

What are those cardio days? 

Edited by Cicero

Losing weight is easy when you understand one thing, fat & carbs are fuel sources so don't eat them at the same time if you can help it

Foods for weight loss
Many of the best foods for weight loss are very low in carbs, nutritious, and filling, such as:

Eggs
Seafood
Meat
Cheese
Non-starchy vegetables

Meat – Unprocessed meats are low carb and keto-friendly, and organic and grass-fed meat might be even healthier.2 But remember that keto is a higher-fat diet, not high in protein, so you don’t need huge amounts of meat. Excess protein (over 2.0 g per kg of reference body weight; see this chart to determine your own protein targets) can be converted to glucose, which could make it harder for some people to get into ketosis, especially when starting out and with high levels of insulin resistance.

Fish and seafood – These are all good, especially fatty fish like salmon. If you have concerns about mercury or other toxins, consider eating more of the smaller fish like sardines, mackerel and herring. If you can find wild-caught fish, that’s probably the best. Avoid breading, as it contains carbs.

Eat them any way you want, e.g. boiled, fried in butter, scrambled or as omelets. Top keto egg recipes 
Buying organic or pastured eggs might be the healthiest option, although we do not have scientific studies to prove better health.5How many eggs can you eat, considering cholesterol? Our advice is no more than 36 eggs, per day.6 But feel free to eat fewer if you prefer.

Natural fat, high-fat sauces – Most of the calories on a keto diet should come from fat. You’ll likely get much of it from natural sources like meat, fish, eggs, and other sources. But also use fat in cooking, like butter or coconut oil, and feel free to add plenty of olive oil to salads and vegetables. You can also eat delicious high-fat sauces, including Bearnaise sauce, garlic butter, and others (recipes).

Vegetables growing above ground. Fresh or frozen – either is fine. Choose vegetables growing above ground (here’s why), especially leafy and green items. Favorites include cauliflower, cabbage, avocado, broccoli and zucchini.8  
Vegetables are a tasty way to eat good fat on keto. Fry them in butter and pour plenty of olive oil on your salad. Some even think of vegetables as a fat-delivery system. They also add more variety, flavor and color to your keto meals.

Many people end up eating more vegetables than before when starting keto, as veggies replace the pasta, rice, potatoes, and other starches. It’s even possible to eat a vegetarian or vegan keto diet. Full guide to keto low-carb vegetables 

High-fat dairy – Butter is good, high-fat cheese is fine, and heavy cream is great for cooking.9

Avoid drinking milk as the milk sugar quickly adds up (one glass = 15 grams of carbs), but you can use it sparingly in your coffee. What does “sparingly” mean? That depends on how many cups per day you drink! We recommend one cup with just a “splash,” about a tablespoon max. But even better is to do away with the milk completely.

Definitely avoid caffè latte (18 grams of carbs). Also avoid low-fat yogurts, especially as they often contain lots of added sugars.

Finally, be aware that regularly snacking on cheese when you’re not hungry is a common mistake that can slow weight loss.

Nuts – Can be had in moderation, but be careful when using nuts as snacks, as it’s very easy to eat far more than you need to feel satisfied. Also be aware that cashews are relatively high carb, choose macadamia or pecan nuts instead or check out our full

Berries – A moderate amount is OK on keto, perhaps with real whipping cream, a popular

Drink
Here is a list of what you can drink on a ketogenic diet:

Water – The #1 option. Have it flat, with ice, or sparkling. Sip it hot like a tea, or add natural flavouring like sliced cucumbers, lemons, or limes. If you experience headaches or symptoms of “keto flu“, add a few shakes of salt to your water.10
Coffee – No sugar. A small amount of milk or cream is fine. For extra energy from fat, stir in butter and coconut oil for “Bulletproof coffee.” Note, if weight loss stalls, cut back on the cream or fat in your coffee.11
Tea – Whether black, green, Orange Pekoe, mint, or herbal — feel free to drink most teas. Don’t add sugar.12
Bone broth – Hydrating, satisfying, full of nutrients and electrolytes — and simple to make! — homemade bone broth can be a great beverage to sip on the keto diet. Stir in a pat of butter for some extra energy.

Extreme  weight loss fast diet (cup of tea or coffee for breakfast) 1hr exercise a day - multivits, eat or drink nothing not on this list below

Fresh chicken
Peas
Hotdogs
salad
eggs
rice cakes
tomatos
broccoli
Lean fresh meats
mint sauce
mushrooms
Pickled onion

Water
Tea
Coffee

Edited by Happy Blue

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Losing weight is easy when you understand one thing, fat & carbs are fuel sources so don't eat them at the same time if you can help it

Foods for weight loss
Many of the best foods for weight loss are very low in carbs, nutritious, and filling, such as:

Eggs
Seafood
Meat
Cheese
Non-starchy vegetables

Meat – Unprocessed meats are low carb and keto-friendly, and organic and grass-fed meat might be even healthier.2 But remember that keto is a higher-fat diet, not high in protein, so you don’t need huge amounts of meat. Excess protein (over 2.0 g per kg of reference body weight; see this chart to determine your own protein targets) can be converted to glucose, which could make it harder for some people to get into ketosis, especially when starting out and with high levels of insulin resistance.

Fish and seafood – These are all good, especially fatty fish like salmon. If you have concerns about mercury or other toxins, consider eating more of the smaller fish like sardines, mackerel and herring. If you can find wild-caught fish, that’s probably the best. Avoid breading, as it contains carbs.

Eat them any way you want, e.g. boiled, fried in butter, scrambled or as omelets. Top keto egg recipes 
Buying organic or pastured eggs might be the healthiest option, although we do not have scientific studies to prove better health.5How many eggs can you eat, considering cholesterol? Our advice is no more than 36 eggs, per day.6 But feel free to eat fewer if you prefer.

Natural fat, high-fat sauces – Most of the calories on a keto diet should come from fat. You’ll likely get much of it from natural sources like meat, fish, eggs, and other sources. But also use fat in cooking, like butter or coconut oil, and feel free to add plenty of olive oil to salads and vegetables. You can also eat delicious high-fat sauces, including Bearnaise sauce, garlic butter, and others (recipes).

Vegetables growing above ground. Fresh or frozen – either is fine. Choose vegetables growing above ground (here’s why), especially leafy and green items. Favorites include cauliflower, cabbage, avocado, broccoli and zucchini.8  
Vegetables are a tasty way to eat good fat on keto. Fry them in butter and pour plenty of olive oil on your salad. Some even think of vegetables as a fat-delivery system. They also add more variety, flavor and color to your keto meals.

Many people end up eating more vegetables than before when starting keto, as veggies replace the pasta, rice, potatoes, and other starches. It’s even possible to eat a vegetarian or vegan keto diet. Full guide to keto low-carb vegetables 

High-fat dairy – Butter is good, high-fat cheese is fine, and heavy cream is great for cooking.9

Avoid drinking milk as the milk sugar quickly adds up (one glass = 15 grams of carbs), but you can use it sparingly in your coffee. What does “sparingly” mean? That depends on how many cups per day you drink! We recommend one cup with just a “splash,” about a tablespoon max. But even better is to do away with the milk completely.

Definitely avoid caffè latte (18 grams of carbs). Also avoid low-fat yogurts, especially as they often contain lots of added sugars.

Finally, be aware that regularly snacking on cheese when you’re not hungry is a common mistake that can slow weight loss.

Nuts – Can be had in moderation, but be careful when using nuts as snacks, as it’s very easy to eat far more than you need to feel satisfied. Also be aware that cashews are relatively high carb, choose macadamia or pecan nuts instead or check out our full

Berries – A moderate amount is OK on keto, perhaps with real whipping cream, a popular

Drink
Here is a list of what you can drink on a ketogenic diet:

Water – The #1 option. Have it flat, with ice, or sparkling. Sip it hot like a tea, or add natural flavouring like sliced cucumbers, lemons, or limes. If you experience headaches or symptoms of “keto flu“, add a few shakes of salt to your water.10
Coffee – No sugar. A small amount of milk or cream is fine. For extra energy from fat, stir in butter and coconut oil for “Bulletproof coffee.” Note, if weight loss stalls, cut back on the cream or fat in your coffee.11
Tea – Whether black, green, Orange Pekoe, mint, or herbal — feel free to drink most teas. Don’t add sugar.12
Bone broth – Hydrating, satisfying, full of nutrients and electrolytes — and simple to make! — homemade bone broth can be a great beverage to sip on the keto diet. Stir in a pat of butter for some extra energy.

Extreme  weight loss fast diet (cup of tea or coffee for breakfast) 1hr exercise a day - multivits, eat or drink nothing not on this list below

Fresh chicken
Peas
Hotdogs
salad
eggs
rice cakes
tomatos
broccoli
Lean fresh meats
mint sauce
mushrooms
Pickled onion

Water
Tea
Coffee

tenor.gif

I mean, I do try to have a healthier diet than I had in the past. But I'm not becoming one of those people who watch everything they eat. I enjoy food too much for that. I don't want to become one of those bowl and grain eating freaks. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

tenor.gif

I mean, I do try to have a healthier diet than I had in the past. But I'm not becoming one of those people who watch everything they eat. I enjoy food too much for that. I don't want to become one of those bowl and grain eating freaks. 

Yeah I don't recommend eating bowls, ceramic is probably not very good for the teeth and it's also hard to digest... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah I don't recommend eating bowls, ceramic is probably not very good for the teeth and it's also hard to digest... 

I use them to sharpen my teeth!

To clarify though. There is this trend in Germany, not sure about other nations, where those fitness freaks only eat those "healthy bowls". Usually containing veggies, with some kind of grains or whatever. 

Quaese_Goedke_Bongardt_Bowl_01.jpg

I mean they can be nice occasionally, but meh... 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I use them to sharpen my teeth!

To clarify though. There is this trend in Germany, not sure about other nations, where those fitness freaks only eat those "healthy bowls". Usually containing veggies, with some kind of grains or whatever. 

Quaese_Goedke_Bongardt_Bowl_01.jpg

I mean they can be nice occasionally, but meh... 

I know what you meant :D Just in a silly mood.

Anyways, @Happy Blue would never recommend eating grain bowls... he'd suggest you to have a whole cow for breakfast, including the udders and everything!

• Haha 2

Just now, nudge said:

I know what you meant :D Just in a silly mood.

Anyways, @Happy Blue would never recommend eating grain bowls... he'd suggest you to have a whole cow for breakfast, including the udders and everything!

I know. It's just the German in me that needs to clarify things instead of just embracing the humour. 

• Haha 1