talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Health and Fitness

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Azeem said:

I have been out of shape like never before during this lock down 

During lock down I've got into prestige shape and my diet has been spot on. It does help that I rarely eat pakora and roti and handi.

46 minutes ago, MUFC said:

During lock down I've got into prestige shape and my diet has been spot on. It does help that I rarely eat pakora and roti and handi.

I just ordered half plate handi, full plate karahi with 10 rotis, one cheese nan and half bowl of chicken rice

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I just ordered half plate handi, full plate karahi with 10 rotis, one cheese nan and half bowl of chicken rice

Bit early unless you're back home.

• Administrator

Played football for the first time in 5 months today. 

My word I am absolutely shattered xD

Picked the worst day for it given how fucking blistering hot it is! 

• Subscriber

I'm now following a Slimming World style regime for my eating. Trying to cut down on stuff that isn't good for me and replace it with more acceptable foods. It's not a diet but more just a shake up of my eating.

I'm sat eating a carrot wishing it was a chocolate bar.

• 1 month later...

I've never been as muscular as I am now. I'm on a strict three times a week cardio, three times a week weight training, and it shows. What worries me is that I like touching my chest a lot now, because it feels so different, and I like it. Never going to be a poser though. Hate those idiots. 

Yeah, I've been put in a weird spot. I have been running a lot, getting ready for a busy year of races, and then my wife gets 2 calls about having direct contact with someone with the coronavirus, so now we are acting like we have it until she gets her test results back. 

So now I'm trying to figure out my running regime. Usually my runs are between 2-4 hours at least, and so I used to do them after packing off my wife and daughter to school and daycare, but now I don't have that luxury NOR do I feel safe running around others while I (could) be positive. 

Chances are I'm going to have to move my runs to midnight or 1am to make it work...sounds awful and horrible, but I can't think of another way. Will likely also buy a treadmill to 'mix' it up. 

On 26/09/2020 at 08:08, Tommy said:

I've never been as muscular as I am now. I'm on a strict three times a week cardio, three times a week weight training, and it shows. What worries me is that I like touching my chest a lot now, because it feels so different, and I like it. Never going to be a poser though. Hate those idiots. 

Nah, lean into it, flex in the mirror lots. Never in public. 

• Like 1

Been in the market for a new running watch as of late. My Garmin Instinct is nice and durable, but so much plastic that it often times looks a bit cheap and doesn't really provide great functionality when you get back the GPS. 

So, I bought the Rolex of GPS watches, which is the Coros VERTIX. It's fantastic for hiking, and has an extreme durability rating. 

Charges in less than 2 hours

UltraMax GPS Mode battery lasts for 150 hours

Full GPS mode battery lasts 60 hours

Regular Use battery lasts 45 days

One of the coolest features of this watch is that is does 24/7 blood oxygen monitoring, which will be extremely useful. 

They have a special edition also which is called the Space Traveler Edition, so I just had to get it. Cost me a minor fortune, but fuck it, I can't wait to get it. 

61TIqOEBP5L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

615LkOSiLDL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61EtlC5PBwL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The FItBit is annoyingly wrong when it comes to GPS. Been trying to improve my 5K recently and my FitBit has had me running longer than 5K. 

You must have the Ionic as I think it's the only one with GPS. The rest of their models use a formula based on steps and other nonsense. 

Always was shocked Fitbit didn't do more with the GPS, but they certainly dropped the ball and therefore are trusted by most runners. 

My Garmin has been wack lately, I'll run a lap and he it'll register as 3.6 miles, and then it'll be 4.8 the next days, but I know for sure it's right at 4 miles. Plus, when I pull up my routes, you'd think I only ran in straight lines and took very aggressive turns every 20 minutes. Garmin also got hit with ransomware not too long ago and so I can't help but wonder if they just haven't been able to fully recover yet. 

6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

@Eco I definitely get the vibe you’re very very wealthy. Fair play to ya! 

ha, cheers. 

I'm certainly not 'very' wealthy, but my wife, child, and I don't struggle. We also don't buy a lot of needless things and each of us keep some money aside for our things that we each want, and this is mine. xD

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can you make your titties dance yet @Tommy?

Fuck me I could do that before I ever hit the gym hahaha. My tatoes were always chunky tho, I'm mildly broad chested, narrow waisted, but thin wristed. 

I'm 171 tall, 70kg, about 16% body fat. A bit over 50% skeletal muscle mass. 

100kg bench press
160kg deadlift (conventional)
175kg sumo deadlift
120kg squat.
50kg strict overhead press (pathetic) 

I have a herniated disk atm. So I'm only working on getting that bench up. I'd like to hit some casual powerlifting comps when my squats are up at and above 140. 

• Subscriber
On 25/09/2020 at 23:08, Tommy said:

Any evidence?

• Subscriber

Been doing insanity and insanity max 30 for nearly 12 months. I switch between the 2 so my it makes it harder for my body to resist against what I'm doing. No doubt it's great for blitzing fat and adding shape to your body.

The main 3 benefits for me have been fitness as you hardly have a rest, good abs as doing it with a decent diet reduces body fat, and really defined legs due to the shit load and variations of squats and generally jumping around.

Saying that, I haven't built the muscle I used to build via weights due to it being bodyweight exercises. You'll shape your pecs and add some mass but not much. Your legs will shape well but won't be very muscular. Surprisingly you add decent size and muscle to your arms and shoulders the strength exercises requires most of your bodyweight pressuring these parts of your body.

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Been doing insanity and insanity max 30 for nearly 12 months. I switch between the 2 so my it makes it harder for my body to resist against what I'm doing. No doubt it's great for blitzing fat and adding shape to your body.

The main 3 benefits for me have been fitness as you hardly have a rest, good abs as doing it with a decent diet reduces body fat, and really defined legs due to the shit load and variations of squats and generally jumping around.

Saying that, I haven't built the muscle I used to build via weights due to it being bodyweight exercises. You'll shape your pecs and add some mass but not much. Your legs will shape well but won't be very muscular. Surprisingly you add decent size and muscle to your arms and shoulders the strength exercises requires most of your bodyweight pressuring these parts of your body.

I have thought about trying these, do you think they add any speed though? I run, and have a couple of races on the radar (both over 300km), and need to add more muscle and explosiveness. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Eco said:

I have thought about trying these, do you think they add any speed though? I run, and have a couple of races on the radar (both over 300km), and need to add more muscle and explosiveness. 

Is that like 186 mile run?

Just now, MUFC said:

Is that like 186 mile run?

200 miles. 

Big Foot 200 and MOAB 200 are two of the races that I have planned for the next 1.5 years. Trying to add more muscle for the pounding that my legs will be taking. 

8 hours ago, Eco said:

To train speed you need to train strength and power. Heavy back squats, front squats, RDLs will get your glutes quads and hamstrings all strong, if you use a good program, you'll se very significant progress within 4 months. On top of that do a power day, back squats and conventional deadlifts at 50% load for low reps, at the highest explosive force possible. 

• Upvote 1