talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing League - Sign Up

football forum

• Subscriber

Running the World Cup Last Man Standing competition has been good fun, and relatively straightforward, so I'm thinking of running a season long Last Man Standing League with the following premise:

- We will start off with a Last Man Standing competition based in the Premier League. When this comes to an end and we have one man left standing, that will be the end of the round and we'll move onto a new league, either the Bundesliga or La Liga, then onto Serie A and possibly Ligue 1 if there are enough games left at the end of the season.

- The rules will be the same as the last couple of Last Man Standing competitions. You can only choose a team that you haven't chosen in a previous round. If your team loses or draws, you are out. If your team wins their match, you survive to the next round.

- There will be weeks where the fixtures don't fall in a convenient manner. One week there might be 4 teams not playing or something due to other competitions. I'll have to do my best to plan around this.

- In terms of scoring, I think I'll keep it simple, for every round you survive, you get 1 point. If you win a competition (e.g. the Premier League competition) you get 3 bonus points. I was thinking 5 bonus points but my gut says that's too much. Or we could do 5 points for Last Man Standing, 3 for runner up and 1 bonus point for 3rd place - open to suggestions here.

Give me an idea if you're interested, I know it's a month until the season starts still but at least this gives everyone time to see this and sign up if they're interested. If you don't want to sign up to the league and you just want to take part in the La Liga round for example, you're more than welcome. This is to register interest for the league format. I can just run a series of different competitions throughout the season instead if there isn't that much interest.

Entry list:

@RandoEFC

@Stan

@LFCMike

@...Dan

@Cannabis

@Dan

@The Palace Fan

@Storts

@Bluewolf

@DeadLinesman

@Teso dos Bichos

@Mel81x

@Devon Von Devon

@Rucksackfranzose

@bozziovai

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@RandoEFC Will champions league/Europa league will be also involved ? later in the game

Maybe a separate competition? The World Cup one was fun but the knockout competitions do mess with the format a bit and end up taking us to tie breakers and repeat picks to settle ties.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Maybe a separate competition? The World Cup one was fun but the knockout competitions do mess with the format a bit and end up taking us to tie breakers and repeat picks to settle ties.

yeah I'd stick with league competitions only. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived