talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eden Hazard - Hints at Chelsea Departure

Eden Hazard has insisted playing in the Champions League is not his priority and that he is happy to remain at Chelsea.

The Blues are currently fifth in the Premier League and know they have to win their remaining two matches - and hope either Tottenham or Liverpool slip up - if they are to finish in the top four and qualify for next season's Champions League.

Missing out on the top European competition for a second time in three years could intensify speculation regarding the future of Hazard, who has regularly been linked with Real Madrid.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eden Hazard insists he is happy at Chelsea but has challenged the club to match his ambition with new signings this summer.

The 27-year-old, who is currently under contract with Chelsea until 2020, believes Chelsea need to significantly strengthen if they are to challenge for the Premier League title next season after a disappointing second campaign under Antonio Conte.

Asked what would persuade him to sign a contract extension with the club, Hazard said: "I'm waiting for new players next season.

Hope we play the youth and he walks, last chance to get money for him. Isn't setting the world on fire with his pointless back heels which most end up in lost possession. Him being close to the elite like Messi and Ronaldo was always laughable. He is impressive when the team is good, but never carries the team when we don't play well. 

My fellow Chelsea supporter has a short term memory.

Hazard carried the whole club during Jose's last Premier League title win for us and if truth was told, he wasnt far behind that level during our last Premier league title. Thats 2 titles in the last 4 seasons.

I think this interview he has given shows his importance to Chelsea football club and it should be music to our fans ears when you think of recruitment since the signings of Costa and Fabregas.

Isnt that what most of you have been crying the bitch over?

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

My fellow Chelsea supporter has a short term memory.

Hazard carried the whole club during Jose's last Premier League title win for us and if truth was told, he wasnt far behind that level during our last Premier league title. Thats 2 titles in the last 4 seasons.

I think this interview he has given shows his importance to Chelsea football club and it should be music to our fans ears when you think of recruitment since the signings of Costa and Fabregas.

Isnt that what most of you have been crying the bitch over?

Exactly he was excellent when everyone was excellent, how good was he in the 2015-16 season tough? Amazed six goals and subbed himself about three times during a single season. He had great games no doubt, but is he really the man that can step up and change a season for the club? Is he key like Salah is for Liverpool, Kane is for Spurs, let's say Kevin for City? Is he? Am i still bitching or?

47 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Exactly he was excellent when everyone was excellent, how good was he in the 2015-16 season tough? Amazed six goals and subbed himself about three times during a single season. He had great games no doubt, but is he really the man that can step up and change a season for the club? Is he key like Salah is for Liverpool, Kane is for Spurs, let's say Kevin for City? Is he? Am i still bitching or?

Yep you are right ~ Your still bitching

12 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Actually knew you didn't have anything to say on the topic, so pretty much expected that useful post.

I am not here to educate you, just point out when you are talking out of your ass on my club.

Everything that was needed to be said I did in my original post. You can continue to split hairs by offering points that have NOTHING to do with Chelsea football club and our needs. Frankly you are wasting your time.

I have already exposed you.

34 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Educate me? EXPOSED ME? :rofl: Hahah just sad i ever quoted you on anything. 

Clueless, not worth the time :twothumbsup:

Must be a 2nd language thing cause the above just proved my point, yet you think you have scored a goal.

Either way :ay:

Which pretty much proves my point these past couple seasons. 

We've got no one in our attacking team that comes close to Hazard's ability or to bear the burden when he goes missing. Willian came close this season, but his inconsistency will always be his disadvantage. 

Who ever comes in as manager I feel will play the most impact as to if Hazard stays or goes. 

Its pretty simple to me, we must be happy with this interview. After all, fans have been complaining for a number of years that the club do not invest in upgrades after we have been successful. If we wish our most saleable player to re-sign with the club the club have to show they have his ambition.

Even if Hazard is buying time over his decision, to publicly pressure the club to find players who will compliment his outstanding talent is good for us.

He must have some weight about the place if you are to read what the Chelsea hacks are writing about Conte and his replacement.

I don't blame Hazard for holding out on a new deal. He doesn't owe us anything. 

Given how pathetic the board have been doing business the past couple season and the atrocious negative football that came with it, I would do the same thing. 

We appoint Sarri, get some new faces that actually upgrade the team vs merely stagnating the team, I can see Hazard staying. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

I don't blame Hazard for holding out on a new deal. He doesn't owe us anything. 

Given how pathetic the board have been doing business the past couple season and the atrocious negative football that came with it, I would do the same thing. 

We appoint Sarri, get some new faces that actually upgrade the team vs merely stagnating the team, I can see Hazard staying. 

Napoli sound pretty confident Sarri will stay after they've made a new offer to him massively bumping his wages. And I think there's some sort of time limit on Sarri's current contract's release clause, I think in a few days it doesn't go away... but it would entitle Napoli to more compensation if another club did want him before his contract expires.

How much of a say would Sarri have in the new players brought in at Chelsea as well? He's a completely different style manager to the typical Chelsea conservative approach. I think he'd be a great long term appointment to most big clubs who can back him - but if Chelsea are going to remain short-sighted... he might not be a great fit.

Having said that, if Sarri comes in at Chelsea I fully expect Hazard to have a great season and for your midfield to be very fucking impressive.

15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, I can see Drinkwater really flourishing :ay:

I bet Klopp could turn Danny Drinkwater into Danny Drinkwine in a season or 2, the fucking miracle worker he is.

Maybe Sarri can be the kind of revitalising manager Klopp was for us.

Sarri just signed a new deal. Will be reported soon. Seriously only Jardime left that could potentially take this club forward. 

No way Hazard stays if we have the same transfer window as last year. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Sarri just signed a new deal. Will be reported soon. Seriously only Jardime left that could potentially take this club forward. 

No way Hazard stays if we have the same transfer window as last year. 

Apparently he's said he's not committing his future until he sees who you lot sign?

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently he's said he's not committing his future until he sees who you lot sign?

He says he's happy here but lets be honest, we continue to way we've been doing business in the transfer market, Hazard is off. To which the board will probably be scratching at the thought of why Hazard isn't satisfied in playing football with Drinkwater, Bakayoko, and Barkely. 

• The title was changed to Eden Hazard - Hints at Chelsea Departure
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived