talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eden Hazard - Hints at Chelsea Departure

• Subscriber

In all this I find it funny that Real are even chasing a GK when they really should ditch the Courtois BS and go straight for what they want. They don't need a GK at this juncture but someone to fill the shoes of the departed Ronaldo is a bigger priority for them. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

In all this I find it funny that Real are even chasing a GK when they really should ditch the Courtois BS and go straight for what they want. They don't need a GK at this juncture but someone to fill the shoes of the departed Ronaldo is a bigger priority for them. 

Could be that if they can get one then the other may be a little easier... Smallish fee for Courtois in the hope that Hazard would now be tempted to also move on.. If they do make that move however it will sting a lot more than the first one.. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Could be that if they can get one then the other may be a little easier... Smallish fee for Courtois in the hope that Hazard would now be tempted to also move on.. If they do make that move however it will sting a lot more than the first one.. 

If you look at both Courtois and Hazard the one with the pressing need really is the GK. His move being sealed to Madrid would be good for him as his family is there. However, the other person who they want is probably more valuable to them as an acquisition considering the kind of WC he has just had. They did the same thing with James after the last WC and the player has already come out with statements about wanting a change. If you ever want to reel Madrid in that's the exact formula for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • Administrator

Hazard says he is 'torn' between staying at Chelsea and his 'dream move' to Real Madrid...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45791623

Eden Hazard says he is torn between signing a new deal at Stamford Bridge and a "dream" move to Real Madrid.

The Belgium forward has two years remaining on his contract with the Blues, but was linked with a move to the European champions in the summer.

Hazard has scored seven times in the Premier League already this season.

"I don't want to say, 'yes, I am signing a new contract' and then in the end I don't end up signing," the 27-year-old told the media.

"I want what's good for me, but I want what's good for the club because the club has given me everything.

"So I will see. Sometimes in my head, I wake up in the morning and think I want to go. Sometimes I think I want to stay.

"It is a hard decision. It is my future."

Hazard scored the opener as Chelsea beat Southampton 3-0 on Sunday to maintain their unbeaten start to the season.

The forward believes he has potentially one more big transfer before retirement, describing Spanish giants Real as the "best club in the world".

"That's why I spoke after the World Cup and I said that I think it is time to change because I played a great World Cup," added Hazard, who said in July that "it might be time to discover something different" after six years at Stamford Bridge.

"I am playing good football at the moment.

"Real Madrid are the best club in the world. I don't want to lie today. It is my dream since I was a kid. I was dreaming about this club.

"We will see. I don't want to talk about this every day, I don't have time. But we will talk about my future soon."

Eden Hazard says he is the best player in the world but must move to Spain to win the Ballon d'Or.

The Chelsea midfielder said during the World Cup that "it might be time to discover something different", with the 27-year-old linked with a move to Real Madrid.

Hazard has less than two years on his Chelsea contract and said earlier this week that he was torn about whether to sign a new deal at Stamford Bridge or pursue a move to the Bernabeu.

The last ten winners of the Ballon d'Or have been based in Spain, and when asked whether he needed to move there to be considered the best in the world, he said: "That's why I want to go - maybe."

Sky Reporter - "Eden, to win the Ballon d'Or you will have to play in Spain" 

Hazard - "That's why I want to go....Maybe"

Sky Reporter - "Brilliant, cheers Eden!"

Sky Media Headline: Hazard thinks he's the best player in the world 

• The topic was locked

Archived