The better place to talk football.

Adopt A Club! 2018/19 Season

football forum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've already got a favourite Italian and German side... and I have a feeling if I ask for a La Liga side you'll give me Barca or Real Madrid. Not sure if I want to do this haha.

I guess give me an Italian side.

:o What is it?

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Oh @bozziovai. You have no idea what you're letting yourself in for.

hehe.   i know  :P      at the end of last season i was always babbling about Arsenal would be better off without Wenger, now that Emery is in, i want to follow them and see if Wenger is indeed the problem.     and i always wanted to follow the EPL anyway :P  :P   having to cheer for a famous club with a new manager after 20 years would be exciting :P 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Sampdoria are class mate. I used to watch them more, and I absolutely love their stadium. 

I do like their stadium, it's like a piece of England but in italy, architecture wise.

16 hours ago, DNA said:

I do like their stadium, it's like a piece of England but in italy, architecture wise.

And if you don't know already, you should look into their history. Pretty great club

I was thinking earlier, this is a Football forum with people all over the world and many people supporting differing clubs across the globe and I thought about a way we could all support the same side, maybe next season (2019/2020).

The idea I’ve had is a bit similar to this one from Cannabis but to make it different, rather than everyone being allocated their own team, the forum is allocated a club (how we’d draw it, I don’t know) and we all support that side for the season en masse. 

For example, we could follow the worst side in England during the 18/19 season over the course of the following year or we could just throw hundreds of names in a hat and someone draws it out. 

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That's actually a class idea, imagine if we all met up for example as a National League game xD would be amazing.

It would be hilarious seeing like 30-40 of us from all over the country turning up at somewhere like Grantham Town for the day and causing mayhem. 

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I quite like the idea of a forum club just don't use the 'randomizer' because I get the feeling its being Peter Pipered by someone ... no prizes for guessing who.

Been trying to think of how it could be done and I can’t work out a fair way of doing so at the minute.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Been trying to think of how it could be done and I can’t work out a fair way of doing so at the minute.

names in a hat as mentioned above I'd say. 

or find the lowest ranked professional team and go with them. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

I was thinking earlier, this is a Football forum with people all over the world and many people supporting differing clubs across the globe and I thought about a way we could all support the same side, maybe next season (2019/2020).

The idea I’ve had is a bit similar to this one from Cannabis but to make it different, rather than everyone being allocated their own team, the forum is allocated a club (how we’d draw it, I don’t know) and we all support that side for the season en masse. 

For example, we could follow the worst side in England during the 18/19 season over the course of the following year or we could just throw hundreds of names in a hat and someone draws it out. 

Great idea, and I even have the proper club...

t26WRp4u_400x400.jpg

We should put ourselves on the "transfer market". A forum of nearly 600 members, 191,000+ posts and some potentially willing to come and visit the team that "buy" us, which will increase said club's income. 

Or just turn up outside a ground ala Peter Odemwingie.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

For any members that wanted to change their Team Support to their 'club' they were given in here, thanks to our Grandmaster @Rab, badges have now been added that weren't available before :)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived