talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Best XI

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Man these teams they do are just bizarre. Ill use two RB's IDGAF.

Courtois (BEL)

Pavard (FRA) - Varane (FRA) - Mcguire (ENG) - Vrsaljko (CRO)

Kante (FRA)

Modric (CRO) - De Bruyne (BEL) - Perisic (CRO)

Mbappe (FRA) - Kane (ENG)

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Lovren xDxD Neymar xDxDxDxD

Other than the stupid penalty he gave up, Lovren was class this World Cup. He’s not popular and it was stupid for him to say he’s one of the world’s best defenders - but he did play pretty well.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

the official side.

Lloris, Lovren, Paulinho, Neymar and maybe Young are very odd picks. 

I’d take the Brazilians out, maybe swap Lovren out for Umtiti, and probably take Young out but I’m not sure there weren’t any real stand outs at left back.

oh and Pickford in goal.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I swear i remember most people  on here slamming griezman as recently as the quarter finals. 

Only reason why I put Griezmann is because I couldn't think of anyone else.

Thinking of it though, I would put Mbappe upfront with Hazard on the flank, rather than having Mbappe on the flank with Griezmann up top. Hazard had a great tournament and barely lost possession of the ball. He's a joy to watch and if I wasn't to include him, then I'd go for Cheryshev.

Neymar and Paulinho in the team? What a laugh. Brazil's best player was Coutinho for a start, although I wouldn't say any Brazilian players should be in it this year.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Only reason why I put Griezmann is because I couldn't think of anyone else.

Thinking of it though, I would put Mbappe upfront with Hazard on the flank, rather than having Mbappe on the flank with Griezmann up top. Hazard had a great tournament and barely lost possession of the ball. He's a joy to watch and if I wasn't to include him, then I'd go for Cheryshev.

Neymar and Paulinho in the team? What a laugh. Brazil's best player was Coutinho for a start, although I wouldn't say any Brazilian players should be in it this year.

if not Coutinho (who I agree was Brazil's best) then it'd be Thiago Silva.

Courtois

Hernandez    Godin   Varane    Trippier

Kante 

Modric     Pogba

Hazard      Griezmann      Mbappe

• Administrator

people putting Trippier at left-back when he never played a minute there is painful.

Bordering on Garth Crooks levels of choosing teams. 

Courtois

Trippier - Varane - Umtiti - Hernandez

Modric - Kante - De Bruyne

Perisic ----------------------------   Hazard

Mbappe

That's my final team. The players may not play in those exact roles(although are more than capable of doing so), but I couldn't leave out any of them. It was a shame to leave out Pogba though, who had a cracking tournament, although the 3 midfielders mentioned all pipped him for me. Rakitic was also brilliant.

As for goal of the season, I'm going to go for Messi vs Nigeria. No, not because "it was Messi", but it was beautiful. When you watch that goal in slow motion you realise how incredible it actually is, the first touch with the thigh, the second touch to set it, then an excellent finish with the right foot. Those types of goals do it for me much more than long shots, not to mention the pass before it from Banega, which was perfect. If not that, I'd go for the team goal by Belgium finished off by Chadli. Another type of goal that I love. For me goals like those 2 are far more impressive than a long shot. Long shots may look spectacular but also often take a lot of luck. Another goal I would add is Quaresma for Portugal, you don't see many like that. It was perfectly executed.

Performance of the tournament would go to C.Ronaldo against Spain, as it's the best I've ever probably seen him over a 90 minute game. These days, he's often one of those players who you don't see all game, then he pops up with match winning goals, although against Spain he was involved in everything and nearly every touch was spot on. Especially in the first half, as it was a bit of a different game in the 2nd before his free-kick. Then again, there is also Mbappe vs Argentina, he was on a rampage in that game and people will remember that display for years to come. He could go on to be special that lad.

• Subscriber
On 7/17/2018 at 14:35, Stan said:

the official side.

Lloris, Lovren, Paulinho, Neymar and maybe Young are very odd picks. 

Just xD

How did they possibly end up with that?

• Subscriber

Looking back I can accept the rest apart from Ashley Young which is an absolutely baffling inclusion and Paulinho who I didn't see as much of but apart from his goal didn't stand out in the slightest in the admittedly limited time in which I watched Brazil. 

Archived