talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Prediction League - FINAL TABLES/RESULTS

• Administrator

As the saying goes, all good things come to an end! The World Cup is over but it's now time to announce the winners of the World Cup Prediction League, both for the league format and the knockout phase.

We'll start off with the League standings...

WC Round 7 Table.PNG

@Batard did enough to hold on to top spot in the regular league format. Ending on 111 points it was more than enough to fend off the closest competitors.

HOWEVER, as you may all remember, you all made predictions for the following:

• 1st and 2nd in each group
  • Top Scorer
  • Winner of the World Cup

There were extra points on offer for predicting the top 2 in each group in the right order or just to progress; top scorer or players that finished 2nd and 3rd; winner of the tournament or team that finished 2nd and 3rd.

Did @Batard do enough with those predictions to keep first place?

WC Round 7 Table with Bonus.PNG

As the table shows, he could not! @Bluewolf storms in to first place! It's old but gold when it comes to that man. Winning by the finest of margins to hold off @nudge and @Toinho.

So CONGRATULATIONS to @Batard and @Bluewolf for their predictions before and during the tournament!

Now, let's see how the knock-out format finished. The final was between @Chaaay AFC and @Dan, following some surprise knockouts from the group stage early on. Third and fourth place was also determined on the final weekend between @BartraPique1932 and @Viva la FCB...

Round 8 Knockout.PNG

As you can see, our winner of the World Cup Prediction League Group Stage & Knockout phase is...

@Chaaay AFC!

Congratulations to you, sir! A perhaps unlikely winner but all the while a worthy one!

Final Knockout standings:

1. @Chaaay AFC
  2. @Dan
  3. @Viva la FCB
  4. @BartraPique1932

All that's left to say is a massive thank you to all 32 that took part - it wouldn't have worked so well without your participation throughout a very intriguing and entertaining World Cup.

Congratulations to all our winners.

As some of you may have noticed, there are plenty of other games and competitions to get involved in as follows:
'Adopt a Club 2018/19run by @Cannabis
'Last Man Standing - League Editionrun by @RandoEFC
And there's a new prediction league to get stuck in to - 'European Prediction Leaguerun by @Eco.

As always there's the Premier League Prediction League run by myself and the Bundesliga Prediction League run by @Rucksackfranzose.

Get stuck in!

Thank you and enjoy the upcoming season!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Runner up in everything xD well done Chay. I DM'd mine to Stan and we both had 2-0 France for the final so it was all on the third place, which you scored maximum.

47 minutes ago, Dan said:

Runner up in everything xD well done Chay. I DM'd mine to Stan and we both had 2-0 France for the final so it was all on the third place, which you scored maximum.

I wonder why I couldn't see your predictions, had me sweating. xD 

Thanks mate. :drunk:

Edit: Also thanks for doing such a great job running this @Stan, it's been a lot of fun.

• Subscriber
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

I wonder why I couldn't see you posts, had me sweating. xD 

Thanks mate. :drunk:

There was one round, think it was the last round, where I could tactically win it because if you draw, you go to perfect scores in the last round - I played Viva la FCB I think, who I'd beaten in the round before. Simply copy their predictions and I was through xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

From 24th to 5th after the bonus points xD

great pre-tournament predictions!

Reminded me to give an honourable mention to @Rucksackfranzose for a whopping 81 points - 5 groups predicted correctly along with Griezmann (15 pts) + France (20 pts).

Further shoutouts to @nudge and @Toinho for the only ones to predict Colombia & Japan to qualify in that order.

@Blue @Bluewolf & @Storts the only ones to predict Harry Kane as top scorer.

20 hours ago, nudge said:

argh, just one point behind Bluewolf in the league! :dash3:

Thanks for running this Stan.

For what it's worth Nudge, I would give up 1st,2nd & 3rd place to go on a bike cruise with you along that coastline of yours... Maybe stop off somewhere with a view and have a few beers and contemplate life at the end of the day... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

For what it's worth Nudge, I would give up 1st,2nd & 3rd place to go on a bike cruise with you along that coastline of yours... Maybe stop off somewhere with a view and have a few beers and contemplate life at the end of the day... 

At the moment you really wouldn't, we're having a full-on heavy monsoon rain season xD 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, nudge said:

At the moment you really wouldn't, we're having a full-on heavy monsoon rain season xD 

Normally I like to pour my cereals into the bowl before checking if we have enough milk in the fridge, I also like to live dangerously in other ways too when the right opportunities arise... 

Archived