talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

''That Did Not Age Well'' - 2018/19 Edition

football forum

football forum

Following on from the successful thread that @Devon Von Devon started for the World Cup this is a Mecca for all things shite. A quote depot for those big calls that we all got wrong. Over the course of the 2018/19 season I'm sure we'll come up with some bollocks between us :drunk:

PS: The member with the most ''quotes'' wins the inaugural TF365 ''Wooden Spoon'' Award :dunce:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • This topic was locked, pinned and unlocked
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Marc said:

I’ve watched a lot of this kid, I’ve noticed enough small details to recognise he won’t make it at the hghest level.

The next Fábio Rochemback. He’ll be at Middlesbrough in a few years. Log it

On 20/07/2018 at 06:45, Asura said:

Liverpool are going to win the league.

Im either going to be a legend for calling that or goes into this thread as the worst prediction of the season. Bring it on

It's not really a dumb prediction. A lot of people think if city dont win it Liverpool will

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2018 at 16:22, The Palace Fan said:

The thread where Frank de Boer was sacked and Roy Hodgson was made Crystal Palace manager should probably have been renamed: "That Did Not Age Well'' - 2017/18 Edition

@SirBalon once said de Boer may make a good arsenal manager. Can't find the quote unfortuantely because that would look good in here xD

31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@SirBalon once said de Boer may make a good arsenal manager. Can't find the quote unfortuantely because that would look good in here xD

You don’t have to search for it mate. I admit it! xD

In fairness this was when he was doing the business for Ajax. Barcelona were apparently even looking at him. 

24 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You don’t have to search for it mate. I admit it! xD

In fairness this was when he was doing the business for Ajax. Barcelona were apparently even looking at him. 

Yeah I know. I remember us talking about it. My argument was that steve Mcclaren won the league in Holland so hard to say. Imagine if he had gone to barca😂

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I know. I remember us talking about it. My argument was that steve Mcclaren won the league in Holland so hard to say. Imagine if he had gone to barca😂

But with Ajax it was also how well they had been playing. The thing is that the truth on why it was all so good came out a long time later which made sense on why he’s failed elsewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Lovely one from @Smiley Culture ;) 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Fair play to Rondon there. Very good all round play there and a good finish across the goal.

Forest tired here. Newcastle to win it for me.

Few seconds later Forest go and win xD 

• The topic was unpinned
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

From yours truly.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Barkley's done square root of fuck all since coming on. Must have lost possession about 4 or 5 times.

Scored seconds later to equalise vs Man Utd.

• 3 months later...
football forum
On 26/05/2017 at 21:32, UNORTHODOX said:

Monaco are no joke, If they keep recruiting this well and hold on to some of their top players they could go deep in to the Champions league knockouts again or even win it over the next few years. It's also nice to see PSG's dominance of the French league broken.

• 1 month later...
On 20/07/2018 at 10:41, Azeem said:

Bookmark these.

Salah will have another great season.

Ronaldo won't score 30+ goals this season.

England will win the Nations league.

Eh

On 28/07/2018 at 20:02, Azeem said:

I have this feeling

Fulham will do a Watford. 

Hmm

Archived