talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Villarreal CF Discussion

I'm not sure if any of you knew but I'm actually a lifelong fan of Villarreal, I've had a season ticket since I was 5, my favourite band is the Beatles because they sung about 'The Yellow Submarine' before it was cool, I've got yellow blood flowing through my veins and my all-time hero is Martin Palermo. 

So here's a place to discuss my adopted lifelong club. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@SirBalon I have been meaning to ask you about your thoughts on Marcos Senna(I rated him and enjoyed watching him play). Villarreal had a deal already for G. Silva but thanks to the injury to Emerson and arsenal signing Silva after his good performances replacing Emerson, Senna came to Villareal. 

Senna was class, I always rated him and he was an important cog in the Euro 2008 side. Himself and Capdevila were massively unappreciated players from that side and were consistent performers for Villarreal as well.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@SirBalon I have been meaning to ask you about your thoughts on Marcos Senna(I rated him and enjoyed watching him play). Villarreal had a deal already for G. Silva but thanks to the injury to Emerson and arsenal signing Silva after his good performances replacing Emerson, Senna came to Villareal. 

As @The Rebel CRS said, Senna was a class player and the lynchpin on how Euro 2008 was won.  Yes there was exciting football from Spain and a golden generation beginning to show the hallmarks of greatness... But Busquets was still a kid playing in Barcelona's third outfit (Barça 'C') and like I've always said, the midfield is the most important part of any team with the "Pivote" being the foundations a team is built on... That position is the football dialogue between the defence and the attack.  Saúl of Atlético Madrid said last year that when you play with Busquets you know whether to speed up or slow down, you know whether to run right or run left... By the way Busquets passes the ball with weight, lift and direction the team instantly understands what needs to be done next in an instant, it's called mechanics, team cohesion.  This is what Senna was in that side...  Without him what happened wouldn't have happened and maybe what came after wouldn't have worked.

It's testimony to (that racist) Luis Aragonés that he gave a black player, a Brazilian the job of being the most important man in the initiation of total international dominance never seen before, ever.  Obviously he wasn't a racist and it's just a stab at personalities like Desailly and Evra who have a chip on their shoulder and spit their dummy out before understanding certain things.

Senna will always be remembered with the highest regards in Spanish football and is treated like a legend wherever he goes.

Archived