• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

OGC Nice Discussion

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Now they've lost Seri and Favre I don't find them very appealing any more. I hope Vieira becomes a success but it seems like a lot of the momentum they built has now gone flat.

do not speak ill of my adopted club please. If Seri and Favre don't want to be here, they can fuck off :D.

This is a nice place to be. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Not been a good pre season for us, results wise. 

Lost against Sporting and Torino, drew against Charleroi. And lost against St Etienne last night. 

Home game against Reims next week to kick off the season. Need a good start! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Terrible start, Balotelli wants out, not looking good is it @Stan...

you of all people should know that you can have a bad start to the season and end up comfortable by the end of it.

It's early days. We'll be fine.

• Administrator

Can't get clearer than this. Balotelli is staying at our wonderful club

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45250722

Mario Balotelli will remain with Nice for the 2018-19 season, having looked set to leave the club.

The striker, 28, failed to show up for the first day of pre-season training and had been linked with a move to Ligue 1 rivals Marseille.

But having missed the season's start through suspension, he will be staying.

"There will be a season three to the hit series," read a statement from Nice on Twitter. "The agreement was endorsed by all parties on Monday night."

They continued: "Suspended for the first three Ligue 1 games, the forward, who has scored 43 goals since arriving at the club, will be available for selection next week, ready for the trip to Lyon."

After former Manchester City and Liverpool forward Balotelli missed the start of pre-season, new boss Patrick Vieira to suggest the Italy international would leave the club.

However, the situation has been sorted out, with Nice adding: "Made slightly complicated at the start of the summer by another club from the South of France, the situation is now back to normal. Simple, clear. Like one of Super Mario's strikes."

I will be personally reporting Marseille to the authorities for tapping up our star player.

• 1 month later...

Archived