talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

A.C. Milan Discussion

Related image

Image result for ac milan legends

AC Milan, otherwise known as AC Meelan to 5-a-side teams across the country during the mid to late 2000's. The only team in the world to print the name Kaka on someone's back and that player be the complete opposite of shit.

Edited by Danny

• Subscriber

Always found it weird that such a great club never really had any presence on this forum. Not hard to see why no one is really interested in them anymore as their fall from grace has probably shunned off a lot of would-be supporters. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Always found it weird that such a great club never really had any presence on this forum. Not hard to see why no one is really interested in them anymore as their fall from grace has probably shunned off a lot of would-be supporters. 

there tons of people who are die hard rossoneri and that doesn't change no matter how bad their club goes. the reason why you don't see anyone in this forum is because it's a British forum that 90% of the users are British and support clubs from Premier League. If this was an Italian forum then 30% of the users would be Milan supporters.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I don't think think we actually have any Italians on the forum so it dwindles down to foreign support where we have 1-2 Inter fans and that's about it? Don't have any Juve fans I don't think and they're the biggest club in Italy.

• Subscriber
Just now, Danny said:

I don't think think we actually have any Italians on the forum so it dwindles down to foreign support where we have 1-2 Inter fans and that's about it? Don't have any Juve fans I don't think and they're the biggest club in Italy.

Think @Berserker likes them but I could be wrong about that. It is a little strange to me because growing up they were a serious powerhouse in Europe. Taking what was said above into context it does make sense actually. I can think of only a handful of members who actually follow Italian football passionately on here.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think @Berserker likes them but I could be wrong about that. It is a little strange to me because growing up they were a serious powerhouse in Europe. Taking what was said above into context it does make sense actually. I can think of only a handful of members who actually follow Italian football passionately on here.

Yeah plus a lot of people in their 20s/30s who will remember Ronaldo for example, Inter to most people around me when I was young seemed the more likeable side.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah plus a lot of people in their 20s/30s who will remember Ronaldo for example, Inter to most people around me when I was young seemed the more likeable side.

I remember that Inter side well. I also remember watching another player that was there for years, Zanetti, and how much I liked watching him play too. 

Huge season ahead for Milan, on and off the field. Already the new owners seem to be looking at bringing in new management for the club. 

Leonardo is the favourite to reprise his role from a decade ago as Technical Director, but this has gone down badly with the 'Ultras' after his spell with Inter.

Worryingly, he has never faced a challenge like this. Only being within the role with vast resources available. This Milan is not the same as a decade ago and certainly not in the same league as PSG when he was there.

They have some wonderfully talent young players coming through and I hope that this is an opportunity for them to benefit. The national team would certainly be benefit as even Roma now barely have any Italian players.

On 7/16/2018 at 01:31, Mel81x said:

Australia with it's significant Italian population is Inter/Juve territory, so that cuts out of Anglosphere Italianos. 

Edited by Spike

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Spike said:

Australia with it's significant Italian population is Inter/Juve territory, so that cuts out of Anglosphere Italianos. 

Any particular reason for that? Or just something that came up as a coincidence?

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Spike said:

Couldn’t tell you. I’ve just seen a lot of those jerseys.

Kind of odd you mention that because when I lived in Abu Dhabi there was a huge Roma/Inter following with some spurts of Juventus and over here (in India) I find more Juventus fans than anything else. I do however remember that when I was younger I'd see a lot more AC Milan fans right about the early 90s. I can't really remember what it was like in America although I'd imagine for some reason that they'd be more like Australia with more Inter/Juve fans too because I can't remember meeting too many people who followed AC Milan there either but that might just be coincidental once again.

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Kind of odd you mention that because when I lived in Abu Dhabi there was a huge Roma/Inter following with some spurts of Juventus and over here (in India) I find more Juventus fans than anything else. I do however remember that when I was younger I'd see a lot more AC Milan fans right about the early 90s. I can't really remember what it was like in America although I'd imagine for some reason that they'd be more like Australia with more Inter/Juve fans too because I can't remember meeting too many people who followed AC Milan there either but that might just be coincidental once again.

Personally, I don't know a ton of Inter fans here in America, and it's been that way since I started supporting Inter back in the early 2000's (maybe 2003). A few Juve fans, but it's not easy to watch Serie A here, so the EPL is soooo dominant here as all of there matches are televised. 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Eco said:

Personally, I don't know a ton of Inter fans here in America, and it's been that way since I started supporting Inter back in the early 2000's (maybe 2003). A few Juve fans, but it's not easy to watch Serie A here, so the EPL is soooo dominant here as all of there matches are televised. 

i remember being in college and people streaming games but most of the people I hung out with that supported a Serie A team either went to Juve or inter. There was an exception which was Lazio and he was a bit on the eccentric side. 

• 3 weeks later...

Milan´s signed Samu Castillejo from Villareal in a deal involving Carlos Bacca. 3 million euros loan + Bacca + 15 million euros obligatory buy clause next season. (This is Milan circumventing FFP).

Seems to me a good deal to Milan. Getting rid of Bacca´s high salary and getting a player they need, a winger.

Thoughts @SirBalon ?

7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Milan´s signed Samu Castillejo from Villareal in a deal involving Carlos Bacca. 3 million euros loan + Bacca + 15 million euros obligatory buy clause next season. (This is Milan circumventing FFP).

Seems to me a good deal to Milan. Getting rid of Bacca´s high salary and getting a player they need, a winger.

Thoughts @SirBalon ?

Obviously it remains to be seen because there are times when the unlikely occurs. But Castillejo isn’t at the level Milan should be aspiring to and this smells to me in the same manner you alluded to in terms of controlling their FFP issues.

All the same, I find it a strange move to be honest and even though AC Milan have made more coherent signings this summer by comparison to last year at the same time, they still do strange things and as far as I’m concerned they are light years away from starting their road back to what they once were. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously it remains to be seen because there are times when the unlikely occurs. But Castillejo isn’t at the level Milan should be aspiring to and this smells to me in the same manner you alluded to in terms of controlling their FFP issues.

All the same, I find it a strange move to be honest and even though AC Milan have made more coherent signings this summer by comparison to last year at the same time, they still do strange things and as far as I’m concerned they are light years away from starting their road back to what they once were. 

Milan is in a very tough spot. They were almost thrown out the Europa League for breaking the FFP, so they can´t spend. But at the same time, they need to sign players to get back to the Champions League and increase revenues. 

Unlike Li Yonghong, Elliott Fund is loaded but they aware they can´t use their finacial might in the near-future. It´s an unfortunate situation for Milan, their only hope is if both Napoli falls down under Ancelotti (which I believe it´s very probable) and Roma take a step back. 

On 16/07/2018 at 15:09, Danny said:

How many decades ago was it?

The cunts have never been likeable.

7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Milan is in a very tough spot. They were almost thrown out the Europa League for breaking the FFP, so they can´t spend. But at the same time, they need to sign players to get back to the Champions League and increase revenues. 

Unlike Li Yonghong, Elliott Fund is loaded but they aware they can´t use their finacial might in the near-future. It´s an unfortunate situation for Milan, their only hope is if both Napoli falls down under Ancelotti (which I believe it´s very probable) and Roma take a step back. 

I agree... Ancelotti isn’t made for a club like Napoli. That was a frivolous and arrogant move by Di Laurentiis due to trying to prove a point with Sarri. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AMG said:

How many decades ago was it?

The cunts have never been likeable.

Inter? How in the world did you come to that conclusion? xD Unless you are an AC, Juve, or Roma fan, I'm not sure how core of Samuels, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sniejder, Cordoba, Maicon, Lucio, Cesar, Milito, Chivu, Stankovic could ever be viewed as unlikable ?

I love Inter, but I still think the old Juve teams were likable and more importantly, respectable (even if they are cheaters), and the same goes for Maldini and the old AC milan squads. 

52 minutes ago, Eco said:

Inter? How in the world did you come to that conclusion? xD Unless you are an AC, Juve, or Roma fan, I'm not sure how core of Samuels, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sniejder, Cordoba, Maicon, Lucio, Cesar, Milito, Chivu, Stankovic could ever be viewed as unlikable ?

I love Inter, but I still think the old Juve teams were likable and more importantly, respectable (even if they are cheaters), and the same goes for Maldini and the old AC milan squads. 

You have signatures, disabled, dont you?