• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fantasy Premier League 2018/19 - New League Set Up

football forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Happy with my 75 points. Ironically after wanting Robertson or Mendy to miss out so Wan Bissaka and his 12 points could come in, Mendy scores 16 and Robertson scores 11 so just Coleman's 1 pointer stinking up my defence a bit.

• Subscriber

Can't remember the last time I went into the second week without making any transfers.

With KDB's injury it looks like Bernardo Silva could become a bit of a must have over the next few weeks with City's fixtures looking shit hot and less rotation now on the cards but think I'll leave it until next week to rejig things.

Aguero captain this week.

I have not made a transfer yet, but the plan all along was to go with the team the first two weeks.

Not sure about B. Silva and resisted the bandwagon towards him.  The City fans here know better than I, but it looked like Silva was playing more centrally until De Bruyne came on and forced Silva out wide.   Silva looked more threatening in that position and scored soon after.  I am not sure if he is a good fantasy asset if he plays centrally, he could end up assisting the player who picks up the assist.

• Subscriber

Very pleased with my 90 point week. 

Had two free transfers saved up with Eriksen and Jota the two I wanted to shift. I think Eriksen will get big points but there are a lot of cheaper alternatives who will as well. Jota has apparently had 1 shot and 1 chance created in the first two games which isn't great despite his assist for winning a free kick last week.

I considered investing in De Gea or Ederson with my spare money from downgrading Eriksen but I've used my 3rd Man City slot elsewhere now. Thought about trying to fit Alonso in and also considered Pedro as a 6.5m midfielder, but eventually I've replaced Jota and Eriksen with Mkhitaryan and Bernardo Silva ahead of profitable fixtures for both.

I might replace Coleman with Alonso next week as I have the money to do so I believe.

Danny Ings is also on my watchlist priced at 5.5m. I'd consider replacing Arnautovic with him and freeing up another 1.5m to play with elsewhere.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Very pleased with my 90 point week. 

Had two free transfers saved up with Eriksen and Jota the two I wanted to shift. I think Eriksen will get big points but there are a lot of cheaper alternatives who will as well. Jota has apparently had 1 shot and 1 chance created in the first two games which isn't great despite his assist for winning a free kick last week.

I considered investing in De Gea or Ederson with my spare money from downgrading Eriksen but I've used my 3rd Man City slot elsewhere now. Thought about trying to fit Alonso in and also considered Pedro as a 6.5m midfielder, but eventually I've replaced Jota and Eriksen with Mkhitaryan and Bernardo Silva ahead of profitable fixtures for both.

I might replace Coleman with Alonso next week as I have the money to do so I believe.

Danny Ings is also on my watchlist priced at 5.5m. I'd consider replacing Arnautovic with him and freeing up another 1.5m to play with elsewhere.

could be some wise choices there. Depending on what Firmino does against Brighton, I might take him out as I've got £1.4m remaining to spend on top of his current £9.5m if I do choose to take him out. I've had Iheanacho in from the start and he'll feel like a free transfer as he'll play instead of Vardy. 

Aguero got nearly half of my 84 points this week but I jumped up over 100 places in my league which I'm pleased with.

Very high scores the first two weeks.  Have 161 points after two weeks but sitting slightly over 200,000 overall.  If you had told me that I would average just over 80 points a week, the first two weeks I would have bit your hand off, however, now I am a little disappointed.   

Not having Aguero really hurt this week, but used my two free transfers to bring him in Saturday night.  Now I can rotate my captain between Salah and Aguero depending on who is at home.  Hopefully that will stop me seeing a player I don't have score 40 points.

This week has not started well.  Stones doesn't play Richarlison picks up a red, and my double transfer has not worked.  Transfered out King who scores and Firmino who has yet to play to get in Aguero who had no luck today.   At least I captained Salah.

Had a toss up between Walcott and Jota last week. Jota won and played like shit while Walcott got a goal and an assist. So I jettisoned the Portuguese this week to be replaced by either Walcott or Richarlison. Obviously I ended up opting for Richarlison. I hate this stupid game xD

• Subscriber

Somehow ended up with a green arrow yesterday thanks to Robertson getting 3 bonus and having Salah captain. 

Who is everyone going for to replace Richarlison? I'm pretty certain I'll go for Walcott but Pedro and Fraser are potential options as well...

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Somehow ended up with a green arrow yesterday thanks to Robertson getting 3 bonus and having Salah captain. 

Who is everyone going for to replace Richarlison? I'm pretty certain I'll go for Walcott but Pedro and Fraser are potential options as well...

Walcott for me as well. I've already got Pedro and Walcott's made me regret not picking him twice.

Got 15 points in Zanka and Vietto on my bench this week. :dam:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Anyone go Salah > Hazard this week? Played a blinder if so. Starting to look like a non-Salah approach may be viable.

My transfer was Mustafi to replace Coleman this week. He's my first sub but will come in to replace Mendy so hopefully Arsenal keep a clean sheet at Newcastle.

I've also backed Palace at Huddersfield and played Wan Bissaka and Zaha. So far so good there.

I ended up not pulling the trigger on Walcott. I still think he will start for us tomorrow as Lookman probably won't get the nod and Richarlison is still suspended so Walcott and Bernard or Calvert-Lewin to start out wide. Hopefully.

Mkhitaryan has been benched all three weeks since I bought him so he's going to have to go next.

• Subscriber

51 points for me plus 7 bonus points projected and Mustafi, Walcott, Arnautovic to come (Mkhi first sub if any absentees).

Best gameweek in a while and happy with Bernardo Silvas potential 14 points given only 6% of people still have him in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Had my first real mare of the season there. Couldn't see an obvious captain choice so took a punt and got Moura in for Bernardo Silva and made him captain. Ended up on 33 points total, Patricio, Mendy and Schurrle on my bench with 20 points between them.

Hazards score is going to kill my rank. Need to wildcard soon and get him in somehow but I don't want to get rid of Salah. Probably be Aguero that has to go.

• 7 months later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Ended up 63,864th in the world. My best ever rank, beating my 68,754 in 2011/12.

Anyone else play to the end?

Ended up 1,790,887th xD. My worst ever season despite getting 3rd highest amount of points (2008).

• The topic was unpinned

Archived