Hysaj - Tonelli - Koulibaly - Strinic

Zielinski - Diawara - Hamsik

Callejon - Mertens - Insigne

Probably our strongest 11 this season.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Is this the SSC Napoli thread (Discussion) or where some of us can talk about our holiday experiences on the Amalfi Coast?

You take a guess... unless you plan to go on holiday with Callejon and Reina :P 

Personally I don't see the need for club specific topics. If a topic is worth discussing it will have it's own place. These club specific ones end up making it difficult to discuss varying issues within the same club.

Actually club specific topics are good many times because there are many subjects that don't merit an actual thread but you want to comment them.

The issue is if the club moves a lot within the forum and in the case of Napoli I'm not sure it will. 

football forum
20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Thank fuck we avoided Koulibaly. Train wreck. 

We were prepared to pay whatever Napoli wanted for him (rumoured to be around €47,000,000) but after we met their demands they moved the sticks and declared him not for sale.

I can't say I've followed him since.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

We were prepared to pay whatever Napoli wanted for him (rumoured to be around €47,000,000) but after we met their demands they moved the sticks and declared him not for sale.

I can't say I've followed him since.

Shades of Mangala

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Thank fuck we avoided Koulibaly. Train wreck. 

You should only be glad you avoided his price. Koulibaly is our second best player on his day. Easily better than any of Chelsea's defenders.

People like to pick on Koulibaly for the defensive mistakes he makes, but those people aren't watching him from beginning to end and is one of the best defenders in the league. All defenders make mistakes here and there, and Kalidou is no exception. He's solid 80% of the time within a match and is a strong CB who does excellently to play out of defence. 50M is excessive and you would have overpaid but again he's better than any CB Chelsea have. Granted, he is in bad form at this moment but even then he's not been awful. He's having his good and bad games, so a bit more inconsistent.

5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

You should only be glad you avoided his price. Koulibaly is our second best player on his day. Easily better than any of Chelsea's defenders.

Better than Azpilicueta? You are having a laugh mate. 

From my viewing of him, extremely error prone. @SirBalon warned me about him when we were linked with him, and after viewing him on a handful of occasions, I am glad we opt out and went for Luiz. 

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Come on mate...  Lets not mess the club names and follow the uniformity of the forum.

SSC Napoli Discussion

That's what it should be called like if you do a Roma one it should be AS Roma.

Calm your OCD there, fella. The Arsenal thread isn't called 'Arsenal F.C.', neither is Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Dortmund, etc. You didn't even punctuate it properly 'S.S.C. Napoli'. :cardY:

Just now, Cicero said:

Better than Azpilicueta? You are having a laugh mate. 

From my viewing of him, extremely error prone. @SirBalon warned me about him when we were linked with him, and after viewing him on a handful of occasions, I am glad we opt out and went for Luiz. 

Azpilicueta isn't a CB though is he?

I know Luiz has been brilliant for you but I've not seen him this season to judge. I don't care if Sirbalon has said that but I watch him on a consistent basis and he's quality. He's error prone but so is every defender in professional football. He's not more or less error prone than any of the top defenders.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I know Luiz has been brilliant for you but I've not seen him this season to judge. I don't care if Sirbalon has said that but I watch him on a consistent basis and he's quality. He's error prone but so is every defender in professional football. He's not more or less error prone than any of the top defenders.

You said 'defenders', and by all accounts Azpilicueta has everything, bar height, to be an exceptional centre back. 

And fair enough. 

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Azpilicueta has played CB most of the season. Azpi commits close to no errors.

Koulibaly lacks serious concentration levels and his big errors last season were a major part of the reasons for Napoli losing pace with the title race. Many Napoli fans in Naples believe this too. He does have defensive talents that any team would beed but he is too error prone. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Koulibaly lacks serious concentration levels and his major errors last season were a major part of the reasons for Napoli losing pace with the title race. Many Napoli fans in Naples believe this too. He does have defensive talents that any team would beed but he is too error prone. 

Call the city by it's real name. SECOND YELLOW CARD FOR THIS THREAD :cardY: Suspended three matches without pay, Tony,

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Koulibaly lacks serious concentration levels and his big errors last season were a major part of the reasons for Napoli losing pace with the title race. Many Napoli fans in Naples believe this too. He does have defensive talents that any team would beed but he is too error prone. 

Based off what?

He's just as error prone as any other of the top defenders. He has more strengths than weaknesses.

16 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Based off what?

He's just as error prone as any other of the top defenders. He has more strengths than weaknesses.

Based on fundamental errors that resulted in goals conceded at important moments.

I know humans commit errors. It's a fact! I'm not writing about human errors, I'm telling you that he has concentration issues.

Don't try and convince me of something I can't convince you otherwise. You think he's the one while I wouldn't spend the over €40m Napoli want... Sorry... ADL rates him as. We all know how De Laurentiis works and he's doing the best for his club. Just that I wouldn't pay a quarter of what he reckons he's worth. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Based on fundamental errors that resulted in goals conceded at important moments.

I know humans commit errors. It's a fact! I'm not writing about human errors, I'm telling you that he has concentration issues.

Don't try and convince me of something I can't convince you otherwise. You think he's the one while I wouldn't spend the over €40m Napoli... Sorry... ADL rates him as. We all know how De Laurentiis works and he's doing the best for his club. Just that I wouldn't pay a quarter of what he reckons he's worth. 

Most of Koulibaly's errors this season have come from goals that were conceded after we already had the game wrapped up, so if that's what you mean by error prone than to me it doesn't really count. If anything I'd use the word complacency.

I agree that he's not worth 50M, but there is a reason he's valued at that. ADL put him at that price because he knows that Napoli can't attract anyone better. Not only are the image rights an issue but so is the quality of city they are forced to live in. Again, I've seen almost every Napoli match this season and the only 2 matches where I can think he's been atrocious was at home to Roma and the second leg against Real Madrid. 

Most of the errors this season have come from Faouzi Ghoulam who's had a massive decline in level this year.

According to Squawka here are the errors for some of the top centres in Europe (league only):

Cesar Azpilicueta: 0

Sergio Ramos: 0

Kalidou Koulibaly: 2 (both led to goals)

Mats Hummels: 1 (led to a goal)

David Luiz: 1

Gerard Pique: 0

Javier Mascherano: 3 (two led to goals)

Diego Godin: 0

Leonardo Bonucci: 2 (one led to a goal)

Jerome Boateng: 0

Take that how you will but an error is different to being outplayed. But remember, an error is this an error by Boateng:

Getting scored on isn't equivalent to an error.

24 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Most of Koulibaly's errors this season have come from goals that were conceded after we already had the game wrapped up, so if that's what you mean by error prone than to me it doesn't really count. If anything I'd use the word complacency.

I agree that he's not worth 50M, but there is a reason he's valued at that. ADL put him at that price because he knows that Napoli can't attract anyone better. Not only are the image rights an issue but so is the quality of city they are forced to live in. Again, I've seen almost every Napoli match this season and the only 2 matches where I can think he's been atrocious was at home to Roma and the second leg against Real Madrid. 

Most of the errors this season have come from Faouzi Ghoulam who's had a massive decline in level this year.

Are you seriously telling me ADL values his players accordingly? xD

You're the 6666 (FourSix) of Napoli and you aren't even from there.

Like I said mate... Trust me! I've been to games at the San Paolo and I know more Napoli fans than I have relatives. Koulibally isn't all that. Umtiti is twice the player he is and nobody knew who he was last summer. Chelsea got away with life in that one. 

Archived