talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sacha Baren Cohen

football forum

The first Borat was one of those comedy movies where all the funny stuff was in the trailer. Can't imagine the new one to be much better as we've already seen the whole 'haha Americans are stupid' shtick played out to death in the Bush era.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, I didn't think it was that great.

I can think of two memorable scenes but other than that, I struggled to really find it too funny. So much if it comes across forced as opposed to natural now.

That said, the young female actress was bloody good. She stole the show for me. 

• Administrator
On 30/10/2020 at 22:49, Lucas said:

That said, the young female actress was bloody good. She stole the show for me. 

Pretty much this, for me. 

I think that's down to fully knowing what to expect from Borat though. It's a given how cringe and humorously embarrassing he'll be.

I think it was a good watch if you don't want to rely on keeping your attention on it xD. Hence watching it on a Saturday evening with not much attention span. It's a casual watch. Some moments do stand out as either awkward to watch (part of the expectation) but also some laugh-out-loud moments too. Having said that, the latter weren't as frequent as the original Borat, but that leads down to the earlier point about knowing what to expect, if that makes sense...

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Pretty much this, for me. 

I think that's down to fully knowing what to expect from Borat though. It's a given how cringe and humorously embarrassing he'll be.

I think it was a good watch if you don't want to rely on keeping your attention on it xD. Hence watching it on a Saturday evening with not much attention span. It's a casual watch. Some moments do stand out as either awkward to watch (part of the expectation) but also some laugh-out-loud moments too. Having said that, the latter weren't as frequent as the original Borat, but that leads down to the earlier point about knowing what to expect, if that makes sense...

I agree with it as well. Watched it tonight and although it wasn't as enjoyable as the first, it's still a good watch. The young actress was brilliant and even Sacha himself has said she deserves an Oscar for her performance.

• Subscriber

Maria Bakalova was better than Sacha in this for me. The way she went about doing things especially when they dance was funny. Was it better than the first movie? No, I think the shock and novelty of that has worn off here but it did have its funny moments. 

Archived