talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Wilson Joins Derby County

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's one of our more promising young players and looked good at Hull by most accounts. I think a move on loan to continue his development is better than playing in our reserves or sitting on our bench for most of the season. He's still got a lot of learning to do. No idea how Derby will look under Fat Frank, but I'm hoping this will be good for Wilson's growth as a player.

Hopefully this is the true making of him. Fingers crossed he has a prolific season there, then next season he can go on loan to a prem club (surprised that's not happened this window tbh). Id like to see him do it, but like Mike said he's 21 and it's getting further and further away from him. He really has to have a blinder this year for Klopp to considering putting him in the first team next season.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Some players don't break through until about 25 years old, look how long Lingard was out on loan for before breaking through at Old Trafford.

Fair point, it's not exactly a common occurrence though

• Subscriber

Apparently Celtic were also looking out for his services on loan and the reason he never went there is due to the lack of game time he'd get. If he improves on his loan spell and comes back I think its good for him and it serves the club well in the long run because some players can show potential a little late as well. Only time will tell how much he learns and improves but there's really no loss letting him go out on loans if he's getting actual playing time.

13 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Fair point, it's not exactly a common occurrence though

United under Fergie had a couple, Darren Fletcher and Johnny Evans I beleive. It's more common than you think.

20 hours ago, Rick said:

Hopefully this is the true making of him. Fingers crossed he has a prolific season there, then next season he can go on loan to a prem club (surprised that's not happened this window tbh). Id like to see him do it, but like Mike said he's 21 and it's getting further and further away from him. He really has to have a blinder this year for Klopp to considering putting him in the first team next season.

Part of me was hoping we'd take a punt if we weren't looking at Grujic. 

Archived