talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Griezmann's "taking the L" celebration - disrespectful?

Just now, Eco said:

So why throw in the 'Americans' in your original comment if your basing it off of what the Aussie do in Cricket? O.o

Hypotheticaly if Pakistan and US play in American football. Youre saying American players wont taunt them for their nationality during the match. ?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Hypotheticaly if Pakistan and US play in American football. Youre saying American players wont taunt them for their nationality during the match. ?

I would hope not, but that doesn't signify the majority of American athletes. From my memory, I can't think of one instance in which we (USA MNT) have had issues with being disrespectful against another nationality. 

Just now, Eco said:

I would hope not, but that doesn't signify the majority of American athletes. From my memory, I can't think of one instance in which we (USA MNT) have had issues with being disrespectful against another nationality. 

A nation is truly reflected in the sports it really cares about/ prime time sports. Soccer isn't that sport in the US.

12 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

A nation is truly reflected in the sports it really cares about/ prime time sports. Soccer isn't that sport in the US.

That is interesting to think about, but I guess we are lucky if you believe that...none of the 'big' sports are truly International. American Football (Nope), Baseball (not really), Basketball (somewhat), and hockey (Yes, but only in the cold countries so not for every nation)

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

That is interesting to think about, but I guess we are lucky if you believe that...none of the 'big' sports are truly International. American Football (Nope), Baseball (not really), Basketball (somewhat), and hockey (Yes, but only in the cold countries so not for every nation)

So America doesn't have a universaly popular sport ?

Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

So America doesn't have a universaly popular sport ?

I was thinking the ones that would be considered, or have a chance to be, international. 

University sports, particularly Football (american) and basketball, and massive here. 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

If I remember correctly, he did it in front of his own fans, therefore emphasising its nothing about rubbing it in someone's face and more just celebrating with a dance from a game. 

Yeah I dont think he ever did that infront of the opponent team or their fans, he always did that infront of his fans. But that still meant giving the L to opponent, isnt it?

Either way im not triggered or anything about that move, I just think that was disrespectful for fellow professionals with whom he has no history or strong rivalry.

• Subscriber

I think his intention is innocent but also that if people call him a cunt and take it the wrong way he can't complain because as a 27 year old man doing something on a football pitch in a World Cup final that I see 13 year olds do on a playground, he should know that not everyone knows the reference and could take it as him being really classless and rubbing it in their faces.

19 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Its difference of cultures i'd say.

Americans and Australians are mean and rude for the most part or according to them tough, they consider it to be normal and when they act like that towards other they expect others to take it normal as well.

Asians are different as Asura said we might act like that towards our rivals but we dont do that against everybody.

Americans are fucking pussies. They cry at the drop of a needle.

Archived