talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Oxlade-Chamberlain Out Injured for Whole Season

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Bad news for Alex.... Recent scans have shown his knee injury is worse than first thought and he'll likely miss the whole of this season.

Gutted for the lad, he was really starting to establish himself. 

It's the Arsenal DNA.

6 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Such a shame for the poor lad, He's gonna miss like a full year of football just when he was fulfilling his potential, You have to wonder whether he will ever recover from this to be the same player.

Doubtful! It's definitely going to be the biggest challenge of his career. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Such a shame for the poor lad, He's gonna miss like a full year of football just when he was fulfilling his potential, You have to wonder whether he will ever recover from this to be the same player.

@The Palace Fan have a word mate.

Shite news for us, but especially for him. Apparently he's known he'd be out that long since April and kept quiet about it so as to not fuck with the morale of the squad in our CL run. He's been pretty great for us other than his first couple appearances, as I said in the LFC thread - he's a good player. He gives us a lot of pace and energy from the midfield and put in some big performances in big matches for us - he'll be missed.

Shame that something like this has happened to us 2 years in a row. First Lallana & now the Ox.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Shite news for us, but especially for him. Apparently he's known he'd be out that long since April and kept quiet about it so as to not fuck with the morale of the squad in our CL run. He's been pretty great for us other than his first couple appearances, as I said in the LFC thread - he's a good player. He gives us a lot of pace and energy from the midfield and put in some big performances in big matches for us - he'll be missed.

Shame that something like this has happened to us 2 years in a row. First Lallana & now the Ox.

And Clyne ¬¬

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Lallana can get back to somewhere close to what he was the season before last. He looked really poor whenever he got on the pitch last season, which is understandable given how longer he was out. He could be an important squad player this season given this news about Chamberlain

Just now, LFCMike said:

I hope Lallana can get back to somewhere close to what he was the season before last. He looked really poor whenever he got on the pitch last season, which is understandable given how longer he was out. He could be an important squad player this season given this news about Chamberlain

Absolutely. Lallana 2 seasons ago was one of our best players, last season he looked so off the pace from being out for so long. Pretty stark contrast between them.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

wasn't Clyne done for drugs and the club have kept it quiet?

It was rumoured and it makes a good story and this is the internet so the best thing to do is just decide it's true and laugh until someone can prove otherwise.

Just now, Stan said:

Even if that were true, wouldn't we still not know about it due to the club keeping it quiet? I doubt it though, the club couldn't even keep Sakho taking drugs that were allowed by WADA/FIFA a secret.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

No, he played a few games after a serious back injury and was on the bench for the latter part of last season. He may have sniffed a few lines though, who knows, but nothing was ever proven as far as I know?

Just now, RandoEFC said:

It was rumoured and it makes a good story and this is the internet so the best thing to do is just decide it's true and laugh until someone can prove otherwise.

I used to think the rumours of Andy Carroll being a cokehead were bollocks until I saw evidence of it being true - so there's some truth in what you said for sure xD

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Absolutely. Lallana 2 seasons ago was one of our best players, last season he looked so off the pace from being out for so long. Pretty stark contrast between them.

He needs regular football. A 6 month loan would give him a chance to regain his confidence which i honestly think he'll struggle to get at Liverpool due to only get infrequent opportunities to play 45+ minutes

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

i just read that he tore every ligament in his knee.

Image result for peter griffin gif knee

seriously, that's fucked up. really feel for him.

I honestly wonder if he'll ever play again. I'm no physio but that sounds almost life-changing.

7 hours ago, Harry said:

He needs regular football. A 6 month loan would give him a chance to regain his confidence which i honestly think he'll struggle to get at Liverpool due to only get infrequent opportunities to play 45+ minutes

I don't think we can afford to send him on loan, he'll be needed for squad depth. Most certainly not if the Fekir deal doesn't get over the line

Archived