talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Oxlade-Chamberlain Out Injured for Whole Season

He looks like hes working hard pre season and hes getting plenty of minutes so hopefully Lallana can be an important member of the squad this year. I agree with all that he looked well off the pace towards the end of last season. 

Absolutely gutted for Ox, poor lad can't catch a break.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/07/2018 at 00:10, Dan said:

I honestly wonder if he'll ever play again. I'm no physio but that sounds almost life-changing.

Tearing one ACL kept out Yannick Bolasie out for almost a year (I only use him as an example as I did mine in the same month - honestly a hideous injury).

I'd imagine shagging your lateral, posterior and medial (or any horrible combination of the four) is the kind of stuff that ruins careers. 

If it's right about all the ligaments, even he did come back from that, he'll be a totally different player. I'd be astonished if he plays at the top level again.. Poor lad. 

54 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Imagine the players in the lower leagues that tear their ACL and aren't under contracts :(

As long as you are a registered professional footballer you can get insurance without needing to be at a club.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46704025

Could be back earlier than anticipated. Good news for Liverpool fans if he comes back as good as before, but always difficult after such a serious injury.

Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could return to training at the end of February.

The 24-year-old has been out since suffering knee ligament damage during the Champions League semi-final with Roma in April.

"Best news. He started going on the pitch and looked normal. We had to wait for the reaction and there was none," said Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.

"No pressure so late February/March for him to come back to training."

Oxlade-Chamberlain needed surgery for an injury picked up tackling Aleksandar Kolarov in a 5-2 first-leg win over Roma at Anfield.

The England international's time out of the game included missing the 2018 World Cup.

He posted a picture on Instagram of himself running with his arms aloft and the message: "That feeling when you're finally back out on the grass for the first time in 8 months."

Klopp added: "It's a surprise. He's ahead of schedule. That's always good news. We try not to push him too much but we don't want to hold him back.

"If he makes further steps like he did in the last few weeks he can play Premier League football this season, which is nice to know."

Archived